Options

Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iceland with a population of just over 300k have produced a decent U21 side.

Not only that but they are pacey and have some really good prospects in their side.
  • Options
    TClarkeTClarke Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see I've had a post removed - again :o

A joke about Rangers fans being ugly and fat :eek:

At least the Mod Police have seen sense :)

Bad luck to the 'offended party bus' member who reported my 'indescretion'.

I'm sure I'll not disappoint in the very near future ... probably around July 23rd :rolleyes:
  • Options
    croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TClarke wrote: »
    I see I've had a post removed - again :o

A joke about Rangers fans being ugly and fat :eek:

At least the Mod Police have seen sense :)

Bad luck to the 'offended party bus' member who reported my 'indescretion'.

I'm sure I'll not disappoint in the very near future ... probably around July 23rd :rolleyes:

Yep I had a post removed as well last night - so it isn't just Celtic fans the forum police are out to get.;)

Who reports these things anyway?? jeez.:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aja wrote: »
    He wasn't a failed SFA Chief Executive. It was just his policies and ideas were always voted against by a certain small minded football club!

BTW Ally was fully aware of the appointment.

Once again you are wrong about a story concerning Rangers.

Aye Celtics 51% vote came in handy when Gordon 'im the second coming' Smith was in charge :rolleyes:
    Can't say I'm thrilled at the appointment of Smith. Surprised is more like it, but willing to give him a chance, some of the ideas he had for the SFA were pretty good, if alittle impractical. We'll see how it goes I guess.

the inner thoughts of most bears i'd guess though his powers are a tad surprising!
    Still no word about Timboy? :confused:
    Hopefully the bhoy comes back smug as hell about the amount of attention he's had without posting! Not looking good though :(
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    Long time since I've visited this thread, see some of the old Bears have adopted new names.

c'est la vie
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Iceland with a population of just over 300k have produced a decent U21 side.

Not only that but they are pacey and have some really good prospects in their side.

Got to be something the SFA have to be studying hard! Doubt it though :rolleyes:
    crofter wrote: »
    Yep I had a post removed as well last night - so it isn't just Celtic fans the forum police are out to get.;)

Who reports these things anyway?? jeez.:eek:

Ton of lurkers without the cojones to join in i reckon
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder who the next Blue Bore will be on Sportsound next season?
  • Options
    SoulpuncherSoulpuncher Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »
    Wonder who the next Blue Bore will be on Sportsound next season?

You actually listen to Sportsound? It's 2011,there's no need to listen to Murdo MacLeod and Chick Young on the radio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £10m for Ki?
  • Options
    SoulpuncherSoulpuncher Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £10m for Ki?

Can I take the opportunity to chuckle? :D Like the £15 million for Agathe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I take the opportunity to chuckle? :D Like the £15 million for Agathe.
    You may chuckle but that's the rumoured price Liverpool are prepared to pay should they fail to get Adam
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ki is a better footballer than Adam and would do very well in the PL.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £10m for Ki?

If they are willing to pay £20mill for Henderson then that's the minimum we should be asking for, his image rights are extremely valuable as well
  • Options
    DavielDaviel Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ki is a better footballer than Adam and would do very well in the PL.

Totally subjective/hypothetical. What is not in doubt is Adam's ability to do very well in the PL, in a struggling side.

Celtic will be laughing all the way to the bank if this comes to pass. It would also help to cement Liverpool's position as a regular outsider to the top 4 in the league IMHO.
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    You actually listen to Sportsound? It's 2011,there's no need to listen to Murdo MacLeod and Chick Young on the radio.

open all mikes is not bad but if i cant make a game i prefer to watch stelling and the guys on sky.
    You may chuckle but that's the rumoured price Liverpool are prepared to pay should they fail to get Adam

king kenny will be out of a job by christmas if he keeps throwing money at average players. Ki is a good player but he is not better than Charlie Adam and is probably not good enough for a club that has delusions of grandeur like Liverpool
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    king kenny will be out of a job by christmas if he keeps throwing money at average players. Ki is a good player but he is not better than Charlie Adam and is probably not good enough for a club that has delusions of grandeur like Liverpool

IMO it's purely driven by financial gain, Ki is a big star in S. Korea and wider Asia and would sell shirts (250K in a population of 48 million people would be doable and would cover any £10mill fee straight away) and with missing out on the CL 2 years in a row now Liverpool need to generate more sources of cash and obviously they are getting a talented footballer with bags of potential and no problems with work permits

unfortunatly Celtic just can't make use of his mass appeal while we're in the SPL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO it's purely driven by financial gain, Ki is a big star in S. Korea and wider Asia and would sell shirts (250K in a population of 48 million people would be doable and would cover any £10mill fee straight away) and with missing out on the CL 2 years in a row now Liverpool need to generate more sources of cash and obviously they are getting a talented footballer with bags of potential and no problems with work permits

unfortunatly Celtic just can't make use of his mass appeal while we're in the SPL

This makes more sense than comparing him with a proven EPL quality player like Adam. Unfortunate for Liverpool that they have been reduced to this though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we'll hold on to our main players this season - next summer it might be more difficult and will depend where we are.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 202,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daviel wrote: »
    This makes more sense than comparing him with a proven EPL quality player like Adam. .

:confused:

Is that the same guy that was chased out of Ibrox, your talking about Daviel ?
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still no word about Timboy? :confused:
    Hope timboy is ok,forum isn't the same without him. Hope he hasn't left he forum like c7.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like there might be a Team GB next summer after all - The BOA seems to be very positive about it now. Probably after comments from the likes of Wales Gareth Bale saying he would like to take part.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like there might be a Team GB next summer after all - The BOA seems to be very positive about it now. Probably after comments from the likes of Wales Gareth Bale saying he would like to take part.

Regan tweeted earlier that the SFA's stance will not change
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused:

Is that the same guy that was chased out of Ibrox, your talking about Daviel ?

It is indeed.

He wasn't given the opportunity to show his ability at Rangers. At that time we were totally Ferguson-centric and he didn't get a look in in the central midfield.

That we failed to develop him doesn't change the fact that he has shown that quality since. Only a fool would deny that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £10m for Ki?

Like crossas going back to Barcelona as he was the next big thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's a big star and will sell shirts in one of the biggest counterfeiting countries of goods in the world.

A wee chuckle needed here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daviel wrote: »
    It is indeed.

He wasn't given the opportunity to show his ability at Rangers. At that time we were totally Ferguson-centric and he didn't get a look in in the central midfield.

That we failed to develop him doesn't change the fact that he has shown that quality since. Only a fool would deny that.

He's a good player but being a star at Blackpool and being a star at Rangers is worlds apart.

I liked Adam and thought if he kept things simple he was a good player.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    liedown wrote: »
    He's a good player but being a star at Blackpool and being a star at Rangers is worlds apart.

I liked Adam and thought if he kept things simple he was a good player.

I was happy to see him go, along with most of the Rangers support IMO.

Because he was played wide all the time his relative lack of pace was exposed and he got the lazy, slow, unfit tag because of that. He was also reduced to playing Hollywood passes more often than not because of being out on the fringes.

With the benefit of hindsight I'm sure he would have been a star for Rangers if played in his best position. He's been playing against a far better standard of opposition than he would in Scotland and made the shortlist for player of the year.
This discussion has been closed.