Options

Saddest Death on TV

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I always feel sad when watching the film Little Women when Beth dies.
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 31,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going way back, but I remember Blake on Home and Away cradling his girlfriend on the beach all night as she died, being heart breaking.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reading this there were so many I'd forgotten about! All the ER ones that have been mentioned, Sam in Supernatural. Also Dean in Supernatural.
    Missjef wrote: »
    Until this thread i didn't realise Pratt in ER had died! must have missed the last season! - how did he die?

He was in an ambulance that exploded, and he broke his leg. I think it was a clot that travelled up to his brain. It was so sad, all the members of starr round his bed, and then when they wheeled him to the lift to take him upstairs, Frank came over and put his hand on his shoulder, in return for when Pratt sat with him after he had his heart attack :cry::cry:
  • Options
    John259John259 Posts: 28,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two more for your consideration:
    Cally in Blake's 7 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cally_(Blake's_7))
    Adric in Dr Who http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adric
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadrack in Emmerdale - it was on the anniversary of my dad's death:cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danielle's in EE
    Fry's Dog in Futurama
    Bleedings Gums Murphy in The Simpsons
    Tennants Doctor (Just proab beacuse at what was coming after him)
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,499
    Forum Member
    d0lphin wrote: »
    Do films count?
    If so, when Colin, the blind man gets shot in The Great Escape.
    I have watched the film dozens of times (it's my OHs favourite!) and even though I know it's coming it still gets me every time especially as it's based on a true story:cry:

Or when Ives goes wire happy and gets machine gunned trying to escape.:cry:
  • Options
    trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Both of those, and another I've remembered that really upset me, was when one of the women died in Tenko.
    I won't say who as it's being rerun at the moment on one of the satellite channels and some people might not have seen it, but anyone who has will probably know the scene I'm talking about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tend to find comedy deaths/tragedies much more affecting than drama deaths - the conversation between Barbara and Nana is literally so heartbreaking.
    I must also mention Marlene from The Big C - of which the last episode was just the saddest thing ever.
    Maxine on Waterloo Road as well!

Lil Sebastian in Parks and Recreation too :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    i think Rex's death in Desperate Housewives was very sad, the way Marcia Cross acted it was fantastic, you could feel every emotion.
  • Options
    ElectricWarriorElectricWarrior Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    DI Toolan in Frost. Thought Frost would be killed off not his sidekick.

Off the wall now, but the cows getting slaughtered in Heartbeat due to foot and mouth. Accompanied by "Nights in White Satin" by the Moody Blues. A truly touching piece of tv drama.
  • Options
    Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    Now, I dunno how many of you will remember this. The sadddest death on telly, for me, that I can recall, was when Morgan shot his faithful dog and then himself, at the end of the drama "Morgan's Boy".

I know it was a while ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Drew Kirk in neighbours, was yonks ago but remember my mum ringing me when it finshed and we just sobbed down the phone:o
  • Options
    JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member
    The last ever episode of Six Feet Under was pretty sad too, where you skipped forward in time and got to see the deaths of every main character accompanied by Sia's 'Breathe Me'.

A fantastic way to end a wonderful show though.
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Captain Phil Harris' death on Deadliest Catch. He came through a major stroke only to be killed by a pulmonary embolism. Jesus I cried for hours afterwards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damon Grant in Brookside. I actually cried watching Sheila and Bobby's pain in that episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    The episode in Cracker where Christopher Eccleston's character gets stabbed and dies while trying to give them as much info as possible while he drags himself bleeding into the street.

Very tense and amazingly acted.

That was harrowing viewing indeed. He was so helpless and you hoped they would find out where he was before it was too late. Very sad.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was harrowing viewing indeed. He was so helpless and you hoped they would find out where he was before it was too late. Very sad.

That episode is on ITV3 on Monday 11th.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    I remember a few years back a documentary about a poor old man in Ireland who was dying of cancer. Dr. Robert Winston followed his last months.
    When he did sadly die and they had his funeral and somebody read out the man's words, his message to all his friends and family. As if that wasn't moving enough they faded in the man's own voice reading the words he had recorded. Very moving.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    He wasn't a major Character but the death of Leonard on Emmerdale and the way it was handled was very moving even to a cynical old sod like me.

They used 'Time to Say Goodbye' by Katherine Jenkins as the background music and it was done very well.
  • Options
    Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,920
    Forum Member
    Assumpta Fitzgerald from Ballykissangel. :cry:
  • Options
    tvstudiestvstudies Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep, one of the reasons why I have such a dislike of Scousers.
    That and Heysel.
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spooks has racked up quite a few sad and shocking deaths: Colin, Jo, Danny and, especially, Ros and Adam.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Tara's death in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That one just came out of the blue.