Options

Nicole's US single becoming a hit

gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
Forum Member
✭✭
well she is definitely going in the right direction. her single is up 9 places this week on the billboard hot 100. it now climbs to a hew high #62! well done nicole!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    well she is definitely going in the right direction. her single is up 9 places this week on the billboard hot 100. it now climbs to a hew high #62! well done nicole!

Not hating or anything but last time I checked the billboards out of interest she was 50 so she's gone down? o.O

Also, it's good you're supporting n' all but I don't think that classifies as a 'US' hit lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who knows? If people reckon Cher Lloyd with 'Swagger Jagger' can be a hit (:rolleyes:) i bet Nicole could do it.
    Could become a sleeper hit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mozitski wrote: »
    Not hating or anything but last time I checked the billboards out of interest she was 50 so she's gone down? o.O

Also, it's good you're supporting n' all but I don't think that classifies as a 'US' hit lol.

Perhaps you are thinking of the US Airplay Top 100 list? Right There entered at No. 50 but is now No. 19. http://acharts.us/song/63213

Here's another chart from Billboard.com.
    It shows the song climbed 9 places on the Hot 100 list, just as gpk said, as well as climbed two places to No. 24 on the Pop Songs list and climbed two places to No. 4 on the Heatseekers Songs list.

Good job Nicole! :) She also did a great job on Don't Hold Your Breath on XFactor France. The acoustic version is amazing.

gpk have you heard Funky Town? What do you think of it?
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song will most likely be a top 30 hit. The song is growing weekly. It's a shame she did her promo so early.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

the charts work differently in the us. adele reached #1 months after its initial release. besides, i did say she was going in the right direction. it will be interesting to see where she ends up.

i think you must be confusing the hot 100 with the airplay chart? she is gaining ground there also.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the charts work differently in the us. adele reached #1 months after its initial release. besides, i did say she was going in the right direction. it will be interesting to see where she ends up.

i think you must be confusing the hot 100 with the airplay chart? she is gaining ground there also.

I think I mistook it for itunes US charts lmao, My bad.

Yeah, I didn't think Adele's rolling in the deep would get No.1 because it hovered around 7/8 for so long I was truly surprised it did. It's because America is sooo huge isn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps you are thinking of the US Airplay Top 100 list? Right There entered at No. 50 but is now No. 19. http://acharts.us/song/63213

Here's another chart from Billboard.com.
    It shows the song climbed 9 places on the Hot 100 list, just as gpk said, as well as climbed two places to No. 24 on the Pop Songs list and climbed two places to No. 4 on the Heatseekers Songs list.

Good job Nicole! :) She also did a great job on Don't Hold Your Breath on XFactor France. The acoustic version is amazing.

gpk have you heard Funky Town? What do you think of it?

had i got down this far. i would have saved myself some typing! yes, heard that song yesterday. maybe it will be included on the us version of the album? it`s not a bad song. however, there are better songs on killer love.

nice to see you again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I mistook it for itunes US charts lmao, My bad.

Yeah, I didn't think Adele's rolling in the deep would get No.1 because it hovered around 7/8 for so long I was truly surprised it did. It's because America is sooo huge isn't it?

it depends on the artist. someone like gaga can storm straight in at #1, like in the uk charts. other less established artists can take longer. i`m not any authority on the us charts. although i have read that the hot 100 is made up from sales and airplay.

she tweets a bit about airplay. which i guess must have some importance. where as the uk top 40 is purely based on sales.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Good luck Nicky.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit premature in calling her a hit, but it is definately going in the right direction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    A bit premature in calling her a hit, but it is definately going in the right direction.

is that not what i actually said?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is that not what i actually said?

You called her a HIT in your title, so i am saying it is a bit premature, i am allowed to do that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You called her a HIT in your title, so i am saying it is a bit premature, i am allowed to do that.

you certainly are. all i was pointing out was that in the opening post. i pointed out that she was going in the right direction. i guess the thread title is a bit misleading. i have got it changed especially for you.

although it isn't too far from the truth. considering all the us hits she has had with pussycat dolls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    only up one more place this week to #61. still it is a climb and it will have been in the hot 100 for two months next week. does anyone know if there is any more promotion planed for this single?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    only up one more place this week to #61. still it is a climb and it will have been in the hot 100 for two months next week. does anyone know if there is any more promotion planed for this single?

I cant see them doing too much more, she did alot of radio shows and some performances of the single, one of which was on American Idol. My bet is now they will probably wait for X Factor to begin airing and then they will purely concentrate on a second single and the album release.

Edit: Do you happen to know the sales of Right There?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant see them doing too much more, she did alot of radio shows and some performances of the single, one of which was on American Idol. My bet is now they will probably wait for X Factor to begin airing and then they will purely concentrate on a second single and the album release.

Edit: Do you happen to know the sales of Right There?

no, i wouldn't know how to find that out. i have looked! sorry!

while searching i found that ai performance. the comments are harsh.

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2011/05/nicole-scherzinger-right-there-american-idol/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    It's in the Top 40 on US iTunes and keeps climbing! She's performing next week on So You Think You Can Dance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    She's the best and only reason to watch "So you think you can dance" the UK audience will warm to her even more and everyone watching youtube. When she's on the panel in september, her career will skyrocket, her face will be everywhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank you for that link, gpk! I enjoyed it (though it crashed my computer).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for that link, gpk! I enjoyed it (though it crashed my computer).

sorry about that! it worked ok on my laptop. i was trying to find out the sales figures in the us for another poster. i found it by accident.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's in the Top 40 on US iTunes and keeps climbing! She's performing next week on So You Think You Can Dance.

yes! that is the kind of promotion she needs! i hope it helps.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    granted08 wrote: »
    She's the best and only reason to watch "So you think you can dance" the UK audience will warm to her even more and everyone watching youtube. When she's on the panel in september, her career will skyrocket, her face will be everywhere.

She's performing on the US show not the UK one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry about that! it worked ok on my laptop. i was trying to find out the sales figures in the us for another poster. i found it by accident.

No, sorry, I should have been more clear, it wasn't the website, it's the new Firefox 5.0 that is crashing everybody, especially flash. Some people are experiencing crashes every time they log on. My computer crashed more in one day than it has in the 3 years since I got it. Hopefully Apple or Mozilla will come up with a fix soon. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah i looked too and couldnt find anything either, but thanks anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Omg lol US really do hate her... I thought people were joking when they said that.