Options

iPhone/iTunes

#grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
Forum Member
✭✭✭
iTunes/Network Settings

Hi,

I have just purchased an iPhone 4 today and downloaded thenewst iTunes, When I connect my iPhone to the PC, iTunes opens. but then I get an error message saying the following:

iTunes could not connect to the itunes Store. The network connection timed out. make sure your networks settings are correct and your network connection is active, then try again.

What does it all mean??? What should my settings be?

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    I seem to remember getting a similar message once before, turned out it was my anti-virus (kaspersky) blocking something.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iTunes is notoriously buggy and fails to work at the drop of a hat. Try turning off the firewall & anti-virus for a few minutes and see if that fixes it. If it does then delete & reinstall them as they then set up knowing iTunes exist
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    iTunes is notoriously buggy and fails to work at the drop of a hat. Try turning off the firewall & anti-virus for a few minutes and see if that fixes it. If it does then delete & reinstall them as they then set up knowing iTunes exist

This.

Why is such an important (as in, front end to Itunes, used by Ipads, Ipod, Iphone etc) piece of software so 'buggy'?

I give up the amount of times it just freezes for hours.
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    having used iTunes for almost 4 years non stop, ive hardly had a problem.

Ok it had its moments on Windows, but since ive been using the Mac i havent had a problem.
  • Options
    #grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #grotbags# wrote: »
    iTunes/Network Settings

Hi,

I have just purchased an iPhone 4 today and downloaded thenewst iTunes, When I connect my iPhone to the PC, iTunes opens. but then I get an error message saying the following:

iTunes could not connect to the itunes Store. The network connection timed out. make sure your networks settings are correct and your network connection is active, then try again.

What does it all mean??? What should my settings be?

Thanks folks.
    Confusing wrote: »
    I seem to remember getting a similar message once before, turned out it was my anti-virus (kaspersky) blocking something.
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    TheDJ <3 wrote: »
    This.

Why is such an important (as in, front end to Itunes, used by Ipads, Ipod, Iphone etc) piece of software so 'buggy'?

I give up the amount of times it just freezes for hours.

Thanks everyone, thats me in. Only took me 4 hours :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 379
    Forum Member
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    having used iTunes for almost 4 years non stop, ive hardly had a problem.

Ok it had its moments on Windows, but since ive been using the Mac i havent had a problem.

It doesn't have any problems on Mac as Apple uses it as a tool to show how inferior Windows is to OSX. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there is a directive within Apple telling coders not to fix bugs with the Windows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    To be fair, I've had iTunes on Windows for a long time now, and only ever had one problem (which was due to a setting in my anti-virus). I don't think it's as bad as people make out.