Options

Strictly Kosher - ITV1

adzieeadziee Posts: 828
Forum Member
✭✭
Religious night for tv tonight , Life of Muhammed on BBC2 or this on ITV, this looks like it will be quite interesting/funny :p

Comments

• Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very interesting documentary on ITV1 at the moment about Jews in Manchester.
  • Options
    DiegoJusticiaDiegoJusticia Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adziee wrote: »
    Religious night for tv tonight , Life of Muhammed on BBC2 or this on ITV, this looks like it will be quite interesting/funny :p

Yea, wondered which to watch, which one is better, Islam or Judaism? There's only one way to find out, FFIIII... oh wait, maybe not. :p

Can't even tear toilet roll, geez.
  • Options
    wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,793
    Forum Member
    I'm watching this, as I live and work in North Manchester and used to work with a Jewish woman. I had no idea that Kosher laws were so complicated!
  • Options
    adzieeadziee Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    c0lefax wrote: »
    Yea, wondered which to watch, which one is better, Islam or Judaism? There's only one way to find out, FFIIII... oh wait, maybe not. :p

Can't even tear toilet roll, geez.

Hahaa, I quite like this, thought i would of got bored by now, the woman is funny :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah, I saw that. Didnt seem to appear when I done a search first!
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Can a jew marry a non jew?
  • Options
    Jericho941Jericho941 Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    howardl wrote: »

of course, but religion only follows the maternal line.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    howardl wrote: »

Yes, but would be very frowned upon on both sides. I had to give up a very good girlfriend in my 20's because she wasnt Jewish. :(
  • Options
    BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    Yes, but would be very frowned upon on both sides. I had to give up a very good girlfriend in my 20's because she wasnt Jewish. :(

Men marrying non-Jewish women are more discouraged than women marrying non-Jewish men because of the maternal line that the religion follows.
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahaa, I quite like this, thought i would of got bored by now, the woman is funny :p

She is - loved her trying on the wigs
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She a good laugh, she should go on Loose Women :o. Monday-Thursday of course ;). But I can't help but draw parrallels to Big Fat Gypsy Weddings, its being edited in a remarkably similar way.
  • Options
    Jericho941Jericho941 Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i had loads of non-jewish gfs, my parents loved most of them (my old man loved me bringing any girls home) but at the end of the day they obviously wanted to see me marry a Jew - which didn't turn out to be an issue as it happened very naturally.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am also watching this, I knew about some of the laws but I didn't know about not using lights or switches on a Saturday, nor carrying handbags or umbrellas (on a Saturday).
  • Options
    owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    I´m finding this really interesting.

I love the old man who was in Buchenwald.

The woman is very funny. If they´re not allowed to switch the kettle on, what about the lights?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joel is straight? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owllover wrote: »

The woman is very funny. If they´re not allowed to switch the kettle on, what about the lights?

That's what I was thinking, the lady taped the one in the fridge off because if the light came on when the door was opened, they couldn't eat the food. Or that's what I thought she said anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owllover wrote: »

No, they're literally not allowed to do anything. But if the lights are left on, then they aren't allowed to turn them off. Its the same with the TV as well, and if that gets left on, they have to keep the same channel on all weekend :eek:. This is what I've picked up, I could be horribly wrong.

My friends dad works for a Jewish family (in the same area) and does a lot of pointless things at the weekend. Nice family and good money though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone in the know please tell me the relevance of the brimmed hat on some men, the smaller black hat on others, and no hat at all on other men? What does it mean?
  • Options
    BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joel is straight? :eek:

I doubt it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    She is - loved her trying on the wigs

I assumed her natural hair was a wig :o
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member

Doesn't that cause rifts in the family,?
    I would hate for anyone in my family telling me who I should or shouldn't be with...
    I'm all for intergration
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone seems like a good laugh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I said mikvah before they did!!! :D
  • Options