Options

i saw myself die in my sleep

Shak2005Shak2005 Posts: 656
Forum Member
✭✭
yesterday i had a nightmare and saw myself fall from somewhere. i didnt see or recognise where i am but i saw myself fall down from a skyscraper and before i hit the ground i woke up frigthened out of my mind. cud this a sign i'm coming to the end of my life?:eek:

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy the GentJimmy the Gent Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I think it probably is.
  • Options
    camercamer Posts: 5,237
    Forum Member
    Its a sign of bad mushrooms:D
  • Options
    MintMint Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had loads of near death experience dreams but I'm still alive. Don't worry about it.
  • Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it eating too much pizza?
  • Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once hallucinated that a 1940s nurse injected an air bubble in my vein to kill me, I sat in bed scared shitless because I thought I was really about to die.

When I can't sleep for months at a time, I start hallucinating when I can't quite drop off.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are not alone, thousands of people have the same dream, night after night, after night. Ain't it scary.
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to attach meaning to it then death is usually taken to signify new beginnings. So it would be a good thing.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to have a dream like that, But it was a lift shaft. I would wake up with a jump as I hit the bottom.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    I used to have a dream like that, But it was a lift shaft. I would wake up with a jump as I hit the bottom.

I think we all do that, if you hit the bottom, you are dead.
  • Options
    _ben_ben Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    Shak2005 wrote: »
    before i hit the ground i woke up

Then you didn't see yourself die :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only had a "falling" dream a couple times... to my memory that is. Yesterday I was dreaming that there I was among a huge group of people walking between a carriageway in extremely slow moving traffic, but coming from dead ahead off a roundabout, a large TNT van drove down the middle of the carriageway and... then I woke up. Meaningless, pointless dream!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw myself burn to death in a dream after the Russians nuked us. I think I'd just watched Threads though. I proper died though (in the dream).

I once confided to a friend that I had a repeating dream of being a flying super hero but the only the problem was I couldn't take off - I would kind of bounce along the ground trying to fly. What was kinda funny was he said he used the have the exact same dream. Must mean something...
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had around 12 of these dreams. It's creepy, but it doesn't mean you will die, don't worry :p

I had one recently where I suffocated in a cell with no oxygen, trying to get out, and then I saw myself in another body looking down at the "dead" me, with maggots all over my face feasting on me.
    That was the worst experience, it was a dream 4 years ago and still haunts me to this day. Shouldn't have watched Bad Girls.
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chocdoc wrote: »
    I saw myself burn to death in a dream after the Russians nuked us. I think I'd just watched Threads though. I proper died though (in the dream).

I once confided to a friend that I had a repeating dream of being a flying super hero but the only the problem was I couldn't take off - I would kind of bounce along the ground trying to fly. What was kinda funny was he said he used the have the exact same dream. Must mean something...

I was shot by Hitler in a dream once, I was floating above my dead body and I could see the bullet holes & blood. So yes, I dream-died too.

And that bouncy flying thing - I used to have that all the time! I assumed it was due to feeling trapped, as in the dream you're being chased & can't escape. (I don't have that dream any more :))
  • Options
    Carlos_dfcCarlos_dfc Posts: 8,262
    Forum Member
    Shak2005 wrote: »
    cud this a sign i'm coming to the end of my life?:eek:
    No!
    There's nothing supernatural about dreams, and they can't foretell the future either.
    They're just unconscious manifestations of what's going through your mind at the time - any correlation between a dream, and a random future event, is just coincidence.
  • Options
    Carlos_dfcCarlos_dfc Posts: 8,262
    Forum Member
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    And that bouncy flying thing - I used to have that all the time! I assumed it was due to feeling trapped, as in the dream you're being chased & can't escape. (I don't have that dream any more :))
    Falling, flying (inc. 'bouncy' flying) and inability to run away, are all common dreams

When I used to do a lot of cycling, I was always dreaming of falling off my bike, or falling then swooping up and flying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I heard that when you sleep ocassionally your heart slows down a bit too much therefore, your brain makes you have dreams that shock you into waking up to get your heart going again! How cool is that!
  • Options
    jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had a similar experience i left my body and was looking down at myself just laying there
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you think thats scary OP, wait till you experience sleep paralysis!!!!! when i have an 'episode' im shaken for days after :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carlos_dfc wrote: »
    Falling, flying (inc. 'bouncy' flying) and inability to run away, are all common dreams

When I used to do a lot of cycling, I was always dreaming of falling off my bike, or falling then swooping up and flying.

I'd like to know what that is supposed to signify as I get that one quite a bit.
  • Options
    corporatemediacorporatemedia Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    you think thats scary OP, wait till you experience sleep paralysis!!!!! when i have an 'episode' im shaken for days after

Sleep paralysis is pretty freaky especially the hallucinations.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mint wrote: »
    I've had loads of near death experience dreams but I'm still alive. Don't worry about it.

Me too, its pretty scary when it happens tho :(

I also have reoccurring dreams about horrible things happening to those I love...they're the worst...but being a typical bloke my OH things he has it worst...getting no sleep while I scream, shout n throw myself around the bed :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeham wrote: »
    I once hallucinated that a 1940s nurse injected an air bubble in my vein to kill me, I sat in bed scared shitless because I thought I was really about to die.

When I can't sleep for months at a time, I start hallucinating when I can't quite drop off.

You seem very precise about the date, there. Was she humming Vera Lynn, Glen Miller or George Formby, or moaning about, the, "bleedin' war and bloody Hitler!" while she was trying to do you in!?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sleep paralysis is pretty freaky especially the hallucinations.

i have had this since i was about 14 (puberty age i guess) but its only after my mums passed i have been getting the hallucinations, terrifying.
  • Options
    MikeJWMikeJW Posts: 3,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once died in a dream. I was shot in the chest, but the shock of that didn't wake me up. Oddly, it didn't hurt, either. I was rocked by the impact, looked down, saw this black-red mess, and thought "what now?"

Nothing happened for a moment.

Then, it was like I'd somehow forgotten how to breathe. It wasn't automatic any more. I had to force one breath, another, a third. Then I collapsed . Then everything went white. And then I woke up.

That's still the most disturbing dream I've ever had, because it wasn't the usual "wake up before you hit the ground" thing. It took time for me to die, and it felt plausible, like that's what might really happen. Fortunately it was also a one-off, though, and I've never dreamt anything quite like that since.