Options

*The Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread* (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^No. Sadly, it seems that people just want her to create songs that are like Bad Romance,yet complain that they sound alike (ie. 'Judas'):rolleyes:. However, the songs are still good. I just think it could all be about timing and whether radio will play them-which could prove tricky for a few of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^No. Sadly, it seems that people just want her to create songs that are like Bad Romance,yet complain that they sound alike (ie. 'Judas'):rolleyes:. However, the songs are still good. I just think it could all be about timing and whether radio will play them-which could prove tricky for a few of them.

Yeah I think it was mainly
    BTW
    released on a stupid day
    Judas
    religious thing and released abruptly
    TEOG
    video wasnt released until ages after and it was seen to be dull and crap
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    She's done 'alright' here (for reasons posted above), but the British public has been flopping hard this year.

I don't understand how they can worship Adele one minute (slash 6 months), but then lap up total crap like LMFAO and Chris Brown (to name a few)?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've done well, its just that she hasn't got a #1 here yet this era (though she came close with BTW). She got two #1s and #7 with TFM.

BTW = #3
    Judas = #8
    EOG = #6

I don't see how those positions are flops :S
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Saw this setlist on the web earlier this week, looks kinda legit!

Act One

Government Hooker
    Judas
    Dance In The Dark
    Alejandro

Act Two

Bloody Mary
    The Queen
    Pokerface (Remix)
    You & I
    Americano

Act Three

Scheisse
    Marry The Night
    Just Dance
    Heavy Metal Lover
    Black Jesus + Amen Fashion
    Electric Chapel

Act Four

The Edge Of Glory
    Hair
    Paparazzi
    Bad Kids

Act Five

Fashion Of His Love
    The Monster Medley
    Bad Romance

Encore

Born This Way
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x_bibs93_x wrote: »
    They've done well, its just that she hasn't got a #1 here yet this era (though she came close with BTW). She got two #1s and #7 with TFM.

BTW = #3
    Judas = #8
    EOG = #6

I don't see how those positions are flops :S

Oh I never said they were flops. I just think it would be nice and would shut the haters up if we got a UK no.1 from this era.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I never said they were flops. I just think it would be nice and would shut the haters up if we got a UK no.1 from this era.

Yeah. Also I think since that stupid criticism story about performing in a wheelchair seem to have gotten most people on Gaga's side shows that she is by no means unpopular like the haters try to make out, then again how can that be said when she has a dedicated fanbase of millions around the world?

I hope the wheelchair story will make critics see that they need to stop trying to have a pop at Gaga for anything - its happening now because she's at her most famous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. Also I think since that stupid criticism story about performing in a wheelchair seem to have gotten most people on Gaga's side shows that she is by no means unpopular like the haters try to make out, then again how can that be said when she has a dedicated fanbase of millions around the world?

I hope the wheelchair story will make critics see that they need to stop trying to have a pop at Gaga for anything - its happening now because she's at her most famous.

Yeah the wheelchair story is utterly ridiculous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just realised- the singles aren't doing particular well in the UK compared to TFM are they?

Unfortunately so, the main problem was the lead single wasn't released correctly for the UK. Although that whole "as soon as it's on radio it's available" technique might work in the US but if BTW had been released on Sun/Mon it would have almost certainly made No.1!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BTW = could've made #1 but wasn't released on the right day and on the same week as the Brits where Gaga didn't perform but Adele and Jessie J did
    Judas = was rush released and surrounded by controversy
    EOG = was never meant to be a proper single in the first place
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RaiseItUp wrote: »
    Unfortunately so, the main problem was the lead single wasn't released correctly for the UK. Although that whole "as soon as it's on radio it's available" technique might work in the US but if BTW had been released on Sun/Mon it would have almost certainly made No.1!

Yup. It still would've been close but I'm fairly confident it would've beaten Adele.
    The album's still doing very well which is the main thing. *cough Outsold Femme Fatale in one week *cough
  • Options
    AfterlifeAfterlife Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think/hope that setlist is legit.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BTW = could've made #1 but wasn't released on the right day and on the same week as the Brits where Gaga didn't perform but Adele and Jessie J did
    Judas = was rush released and surrounded by controversy
    EOG = was never meant to be a proper single in the first place

If EOG wasn't a promo single it would've gone to number 1. It was released as a promo so everyone went out and snapped it up so that when it came out officially many people had already downloaded it and that never helped. I think many of her singles this era haven't been well thought out. I seriously doubt You and I will be a hit record either
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afterlife wrote: »
    I don't think/hope that setlist is legit.

It's not. I don't think it is anyway. Why would she put it out so early?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup. It still would've been close but I'm fairly confident it would've beaten Adele.
    The album's still doing very well which is the main thing. *cough Outsold Femme Fatale in one week *cough

Oh no you didn't!:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no you didn't!:cool:

I think I did! :cool: :D A lot of the Gaga haters are Britney stans so what I said was necessary!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I did! :cool: :D A lot of the Gaga haters are Britney stans so what I said was necessary!

LOL. Personally, I try not to get caught up in the stan wars. I quite liked Femme Fatale (don't judge me!). BTW is better though!:D:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. Personally, I try not to get caught up in the stan wars. I quite liked Femme Fatale (don't judge me!). BTW is better though!:D:cool:

Oh I know, me neither. That was just a one-off compulsion. The only stan wars that I occasionly get involved in are Gaga V JB on Twitter and that's only cause they're ridiculous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do not bring my friends because a group does it better...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I know, me neither. That was just a one-off compulsion. The only stan wars that I occasionly get involved in are Gaga V JB on Twitter and that's only cause they're ridiculous.

Ugh those Beliebers have to be the most annoying fan(stan) base. I do think some Monsters go OTT,but someone said JB has more followers on Twitter than GaGa,just because he hit 11 million the other day! I know they're young,but that was just hilarious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh those Beliebers have to be the most annoying fan(stan) base. I do think some Monsters go OTT,but someone said JB has more followers on Twitter than GaGa,just because he hit 11 million the other day! I know they're young,but that was just hilarious.

They always attack me on Twitter! It's hilarious!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afterlife wrote: »
    Do not bring my friends because a group does it better...

That's one of the songs where I don't understand some of the lines!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They always attack me on Twitter! It's hilarious!

What do you say to rile up 12 year old girls?!:eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's one of the songs where I don't understand some of the lines!

That particular line or other ones?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you say to rile up 12 year old girls?!:eek::D

Justin Bieber is ugly? :D
This discussion has been closed.