Options

"Not Scotland" - What are STV Playing At?

1115116117118119121»

Comments

• Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,028
    Forum Member
    AxeVictim wrote: »
    They've been doing remakes of Taggart for the past 20 years :D

But not anymore according to Broadcast, as ITV has dropped Taggart
  • Options
    BIDIE-INBIDIE-IN Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taggart could be over with John Michie now part of Corrie. A pity because this was the only home grown drama that STV made.

The Hour is going from 5 shows a week to 1 at the weekend. I think the departure of Stephen Jardine may have put the nail in its coffin.

How about 5 nights a week at 'Vet School'? They could sell this to other regions - look how popular 'Animal Hospital' was for the BBC, 10 million viewers per night.
  • Options
    square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    MoDingle wrote: »
    There's just been an ad on saying we are getting Doc Martin - how long is it since the rest of the UK watched it ?

Looks like it's going out on Sunday afternoons at 5.35pm from Sunday 24th July.

Seems like a wasted slot, could do much better in a later slot.

So I take it STV will be on board with ITV1 for series 5 in the autumn ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or, by giving it a very odd time slot (some of the medical content is 'adult') IF it fails to win a sizeable audience, STV will claim that since it had few viewers, they were right all along.........:rolleyes:

Coming soon - Kingston series 3 - at 2am on a Thursday. :p

Meanwhile 'Downton' has had various Emmy nominations. I don't expect it to win any but will STV finaly admit that they dropped the ball on that particular show? :mad:
  • Options
    AndyB2007AndyB2007 Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIDIE-IN wrote: »
    The Hour is going from 5 shows a week to 1 at the weekend. I think the departure of Stephen Jardine may have put the nail in its coffin..

I wonder what they'll replace the Hour on weekdays with?

They could always buy the ABC soap opera Loving and bring it into their schedules (Tyne Tees could also opt out of the network drama repeats and air either Loving or All My Children or Shortland Street at 4pm weekdays to compete with Jon Harle and Anne Leuchars on BBC Newcastle, who are also up there with Loving and the said soap operas).

STV could have either that, Shortland Street or All My Children.

Or a Loose Women style chat show with Cheryl Cole and Paula Duncan called 'Cheryl and Paula'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could do worse than re-run 'Take the High Road......'

'Marchlands' a 5 part haunted house drama was another of 'those we have lost' on STV.

It got pretty good write ups so I am waiting for the dvd to hit the sales later in the year.
  • Options
    OrmeMacOrmeMac Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    AndyB2007 wrote: »
    STV could have either that, Shortland Street or All My Children..

Grampian showed Shortland Street when Young Doctors finished. When STV took over Grampian they axed Shortland Street but used the time when This Morning was off-air in the Summer to show the remaining episodes Grampian had the rights to.

After recently being shown on Living for a very short time I'm now watching the RTE episodes via YouTube.
  • Options
    seiko456seiko456 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OrmeMac wrote: »
    Grampian showed Shortland Street when Young Doctors finished. When STV took over Grampian they axed Shortland Street but used the time when This Morning was off-air in the Summer to show the remaining episodes Grampian had the rights to.

After recently being shown on Living for a very short time I'm now watching the RTE episodes via YouTube.

Ah yes In the Summer of 1998: there also used the summer mornings to get rid of A country Practise. Grampian also broadcast "Paradise Beach" during 1996 at 5,10pm slot.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_Beach.

I still dont understand why STV has not brought back a Consumer affairs type show; Like Scottish Action or "Whats yours problem" Or even Moneywise

Better still Here Hear/ in concert: http://www.youtube.com/show/hearhere?s=1

you love this one Thingummyjig was infact seen by the rest of the ITV network during 78 -81! daytime slot :o:D

STV been opting for 50 years, but would have of course broadcast ER WELL its kinda broadcast everything dropped. Many a time it would end up during the daytime,

S2 Crazy like a fox got move to that slot, while everyone else got it in peak time.

This was the main reason why Crossroad was broadcast at 5.20, so STV could broadcast many local shows in stead at 6.30-7.30 instead.
  • Options
    corporatemediacorporatemedia Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Double post
  • Options
    corporatemediacorporatemedia Posts: 225
    Forum Member

That's wrong ITV got the rights to Jerry Springer show and replaced many afternoon shows with this crap supposedly temporary removing other afternoon shows for a couple of months. They never returned as Jerry Springer was cheaper than the Australian imports.

You should be glad for once STV went along with ITV and you are still complaining.:cry:
  • Options
    seiko456seiko456 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is Wrong: Shortland Street was axed completely by ITV and was last shown on 28 August 2003, finishing at episode 2367. Jerry springer was being broadcast 5 years earlier during 1998!

WE dont want STV to go along with ITV. STV has never done this in its 50 year history, the problem was:

A: There dropped to many programmes,
    B; Same of the replacements were utter tosh,
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,869
    Administrator
This discussion has been closed.