Options

Are there any Actor/Actresses who owned their role that nobody could acted the part

Comments

• Options
    Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cliffy91 wrote: »
    De niro also in Cape Fear

Think you'll find that Robert Mitchum played a more convincing Max Cady than Rober Di Nero did.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan Rickman IS Snape.
    Jack N IS the Joker
    Christopher Reeve (RIP:cry:) IS Superman
    Judy Garland IS Dorothy Gale
    Arnie IS the Terminator
    Harrison Ford IS Han and Indiana
    Ian McKellen IS Gandalf

IMO

Then you have Bette Davis (All About Eve), all the lead's in Some Like IT Hot, and endless movies by Bogart, Jimmy Stewart, and load's mentioned above by other posters.

We did loose a fantastic actor in Heath Ledger, I just think Nicholson edges it for the Joker.

• Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mickey Rourke as 'Randy the Ram' in 'The Wrestler.'
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry (despite a lot of others, including Frank Sinatra being considered).
    Boris Karloff as the Frankenstien monster
    Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseu
    Leslie Neilsen as Frank Drebin
    John Wayne as ... John Wayne
  • Options
    halstationhalstation Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robert Downey Jr IS Tony Stark.
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Vashetti wrote: »
    Alan Rickman as Severus Snape.

knew this would pop up, and yes its completely true especially in the deathly hallows part 2 he was amazing in that i thought!
  • Options
    jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    Marlon Brando in a Streetcar Named Desire. Difficult to imagine another rising actor in 1951 with the same mixture of charisma, sex appeal, originality and raw attitude.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally think Jim Carrey in The Mask was pretty irreplaceable.
  • Options
    MikeyDLuffyMikeyDLuffy Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Sir Anthony Hopkins - Silence of the lambs
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arnie is Conan
    Angus Scrimm - The Tall Man
    Christopher Lee - Dracula
    Peter Cushing - Professor Van Helshing
    Peter Harris - Dumbledore
    Ian McKellen - Gandalf
  • Options
    MikeyDLuffyMikeyDLuffy Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Hugh Jackman - Wolverine

Agree / disagree?
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess it's all about opinions, but for me Heath Ledger is a much better Joker. Even if Ledger was alive I'd still say that. The new Batman films are more what I want from Batman. Don't get me wrong I like the original Batman, I like Hack Nicholson, but they pale in comparison. I actually prefer Batman returns to the first film as I find it darker in tone.

Now if there is one character that the new films will find hard to beat it will be Michelle Pfeiffers Catwoman. Brilliant in my opinion and I can't see Anne Hathaway outdoing it!
  • Options
    Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sir Anthony Hopkins - Silence of the lambs

Except that Brian Cox played Lecter first - and for many people played a much better version of Lecter than Hopkins did.
  • Options
    RoonilWazlibRoonilWazlib Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Johnny Depp - Captain Jack Sparrow

Helena Bonham Carter - Bellatrix Lestrange (Perfect)
  • Options
    ninz39ninz39 Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    many say keanu cannot act, but for neo he was perfect.......
    wasnt will smith touted for the role, so glad it went to keanu
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    Ian Mckellan as old Magneto
    Eddie Murphy Bevery Hills Cop
  • Options
    loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    apparently Tom Cruise want the role of Jack Dawson in Titanic :eek:
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker .

I think he's very underrated , he is absolutely perfect in that role , and its not an easy role to play 'cos he's the earnest straightforward one . But without that foundation the rest of the trilogy wouldn't work .
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doris Day, Sandra Dee ...... professional virgins.

Humphrey Bogart, Sam Spade.
  • Options
    Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    halstation wrote: »
    Would there be as much fuss about Heath Ledger as the Joker if he was still alive? Probably not.

Actually I think the fuss would be the same, his performance in that is perfect, the fact that he died just added popularity to the character, it didn't create the praise. I'm not even a fan of Heath Ledger to be honest but I don't agree with people who say he only gets so much fuss over that performance because he died.

Jack's perfomance was great but Heath's was miles better, Jack's isn't on the same level as Heath's imo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loveloveX wrote: »
    apparently Tom Cruise want the role of Jack Dawson in Titanic :eek:

Shudders
  • Options
    GortGort Posts: 7,472
    Forum Member
    Helena Bonham Carter - Bellatrix Lestrange (Perfect)

As well as her role as Marla Singer in Fight Club.
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Jack Nicholson Five Easy Pieces
  • Options
    loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shudders

lol, i don't think it's the age thing per se but tom cruise would've been beyond wrong for that, its not about age because older actors can play younger actors if they are right for the part and vice versa.

funny because i didn't realise that rose was meant to be around 17/18 and how old jack was supposed to be?? because kate winslet does look about in her mid to late 20's in there, leo i always believe was around 24?? and i don't know how old jack was meant to be. for example ethan hawke and matt damon could've gotten away with it because they looked younger around those time (not saying they would've played jack better than leo) and i heard at one stage studios were considering jen aniston as rose and she was well into her 20's at that stage but still looked young enough to pull it off

were the ages of the characters in titanic revealed because i never would've guessed they were meant to be teenagers, i give them credit they played it very maturely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loveloveX wrote: »
    lol, i don't think it's the age thing per se but tom cruise would've been beyond wrong for that, its not about age because older actors can play younger actors if they are right for the part and vice versa.

funny because i didn't realise that rose was meant to be around 17/18 and how old jack was supposed to be?? because kate winslet does look about in her mid to late 20's in there, leo i always believe was around 24?? and i don't know how old jack was meant to be. for example ethan hawke and matt damon could've gotten away with it because they looked younger around those time (not saying they would've played jack better than leo) and i heard at one stage studios were considering jen aniston as rose and she was well into her 20's at that stage but still looked young enough to pull it off

were the ages of the characters in titanic revealed because i never would've guessed they were meant to be teenagers, i give them credit they played it very maturely.

Well in the commentary for the movie James Cameron says that Jack was 19 and Rose was 17, Rose does not look 17 imo and Jack passes for 19. I cant imagine anyone else playing their characters, Tom Cruise playing Jack would be horrible lol