Options

Didn't take Aisleyen Horgan Wallace long to cash in on Amy's death - disgusting :(

Comments

• Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peonypot wrote: »
    She already knew Amy had died before she drove round to her house.

Doesn't mean a thing, I remember driving rationally to my nan's house when she died, only breaking down completely when I saw her car because it suddenly became real.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    Why don't we just cut the crap and be honest here? Aisleyne is only getting so much vitorol directed at her because she's an ex-Big Brother contestant - and BB contestants were always branded as fame-hungry, attention-seekers. It's basically snobbery. If it had been someone who got famous with a talent and hard work then none of this would even be a problem for some. What if it WAS Mark Ronson who was there on Saturday for example? Nobody would be calling him an attention-seeking drama queen!

.... Aisleyne said in her This Morning interview how they met 4 or 5 years ago? .

No it's not... I couldnt care less whether she was part of BB, or not, I'll form opinions based on the facts, and past opinion of the girl, not snobbery. If Mark Ronson HAD turned up at Amy's house and sobbed - I wouldnt call him attention-seeking, (besides -they were very close, he was at the funeral and he knew her before her full-blown addiction days) If he had then gone on twitter a few times, posted a message on his website and THEN appeared, on top of that, on This Morning the day after her funeral then I would begin to wonder about him too; but still nothing he's particuarly done in the past has led me to think he was fame-hungrey or attention seeking, whereas Aisylene has.

she said ,somewhere, they had met 2008, 3 years back, which was after Amy asked a mutual friend if she could meet her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    I don't see this as Aisleyne cashing in, she's publicly refuting what that journalist wrote about her.

She's grieving for the loss of one of her friends - thing is, some of us wear our hearts on our sleeves and some of us don't.

I'm sure that most of us have family and friends who we don't see, sometimes for months at a time, due to work or other commitments... would that make us drama queens for openly being upset at thier death? Just because you don't see someone on a daily basis doesn't make your grief any less than someone who does.

Live and let live.

R.I.P Amy Winehouse - Thank you for your soulful music!
  • Options
    FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really sure who this girl is, having not watched BB. I do seem to have seen an awful lot of her since Saturday though...

But if it's true that everything she's been doing since Amy's death really is about media attention etc, aren't you all just giving her what she wants, ie 8 pages of attention, ranting about how despicable she is?? :confused:

Let her crawl quietly back under whichever rock she came from and move along. Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Besides, Aisleyne hasn't gone around the tabloids offering salacious, juicy 'exclusives' about Amy and their wild nights out together. She spoke very fondly of her and made it clear she would rather paint Amy's life as a rather normal one. Also using the interview to clear up a vicious rumour about not only herself but Amy too.

What is rather distasteful is people taking to Twitter to start some in-fighting with other people who called themselves Amy's friend. It all reeks of bratty childishness, a very 'but I knew her first and she liked me more, so there!' mentality to it.
    Yes, I agree with every word. :)
    Fatsia wrote: »
    I'm not really sure who this girl is, having not watched BB. I do seem to have seen an awful lot of her since Saturday though...
    I don't see how you can have seen 'an awful lot of her'. There were two photographs of her at the scene of the death, when after all the photographers had nothing to photograph, so were reduced to prowling round trying to find someone the public would recognise. And there was a very brief interview on daytime tv. What else have you seen?
    Let her crawl quietly back under whichever rock she came from and move along. Nothing to see here.

She really doesn't have to crawl under a rock because some people are letting their dislike of her cloud their rational thought.
  • Options
    tara27tara27 Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like this girl in BB.And in the aftershows etc my opinion never changed. But the fact remains she WAS a pal of Amy's .....they were papped together a lot and she must be devastated. Something as simple as her approaching Amy's house and knowing she couldn't actually ever go in there and see her friend again will have devastated her. She is a drama queen.....but it doesn't lessen her hurt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tara27 wrote: »
    I didn't like this girl in BB.And in the aftershows etc my opinion never changed. But the fact remains she WAS a pal of Amy's .....they were papped together a lot and she must be devastated. Something as simple as her approaching Amy's house and knowing she couldn't actually ever go in there and see her friend again will have devastated her. She is a drama queen.....but it doesn't lessen her hurt.

That's very fair. I always like it when someone who doesn't like someone is still prepared to be fair about something.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one has the right to dictate to others how they should or should not respond to a relative's or a friend's death. I held everything together when my mother died but just seeing her dead body from afar made me go to pieces. Aisleyne might not have seen Amy's body but seeing all the press and fans gathered by her house would bring it home that Amy had in fact died and it wasn't some awful mistake.Just as there are those who criticse Aisleyne for showing too much emotion, she would have been castigated by others if she hadn't shed a tear as being an unfeeling b:::::h. As for appearing on This Morning, why is it okay for Kelly Osborne to twitter to complete strangers HER thoughts about Amy's death but it is unacceptable for Aisleyne to speak on the subject? Is Kelly trying to muscle in on the grieving process, making her own arbitary hierarchy of grief with herself placed near the top? Given that, according to Aisleyne, people had made libellous comments about her relationship with Amy she had every right to publicly refute such claims be it on the television or in the press. Perhaps in time Kelly will regret her own such hasty public comments. Poeple don't always think clearly when they are still in a state of shock. Mind you the Osbornes tend to shoot from the hip at the best of times.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aisleyne hasn't done anything wrong. She has a right to defend herself against false allegations and she has a right to talk/reminisce about her friendship with Amy, like any of Amy's other friends and family have.

Aisleyne clearly wears her heart on her sleeve and is a very emotional person. Doesn't make her any more or less sincere than someone who shows very little emotion at a friend/relative dying. Like others have said, everyone deals with grief in different ways.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    Aisleyne hasn't done anything wrong. She has a right to defend herself against false allegations and she has a right to talk/reminisce about her friendship with Amy, like any of Amy's other friends and family have.

Aisleyne clearly wears her heart on her sleeve and is a very emotional person. Doesn't make her any more or less sincere than someone who shows very little emotion at a friend/relative dying. Like others have said, everyone deals with grief in different ways.

I agree with you. She was very emotional about her friends on BB and she'd only known them a short time.

Yes she cried in front of the cameras at Amys house, but she could have been crying all the way there for all we know, and she looked a state so she clearly wasn't thinking abotu getting her face in the papers. There were plenty of people who never even met her crying outside her house.

Kelly Osbourne comes across as quite mean and jealous to have a go at her. She was tweeting about Amys death almost immediately, crying at the airport, wearing that flamboyant outfit to the funeral - maybe she doesn't want any competition as chief mourner?
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cooperone wrote: »
    I haven't seen the interview she gave on This Morning, I wonder if they asked her why she did'nt go to the funeral? Kelly Osbourne tells it as it is, I don't tend to agree with her, neither do I agree with certain 'celebrity' (used loosely) tweets, being hateful or nasty, but thats the way of the world now, whether we agree or not.

I'd also tell it how it is if my ma was Sharon Osbourne. I'd pick a fight anyone. :D
  • Options
    TheExecutionerTheExecutioner Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    DinkyDee wrote: »
    No it's not... I couldnt care less whether she was part of BB, or not, I'll form opinions based on the facts, and past opinion of the girl, not snobbery. If Mark Ronson HAD turned up at Amy's house and sobbed - I wouldnt call him attention-seeking, (besides -they were very close, he was at the funeral and he knew her before her full-blown addiction days) If he had then gone on twitter a few times, posted a message on his website and THEN appeared, on top of that, on This Morning the day after her funeral then I would begin to wonder about him too; but still nothing he's particuarly done in the past has led me to think he was fame-hungrey or attention seeking, whereas Aisylene has.

she said ,somewhere, they had met 2008, 3 years back, which was after Amy asked a mutual friend if she could meet her.

Totally agree with this post. *applause* :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Kelly Osbourne comes across as quite mean and jealous to have a go at her. She was tweeting about Amys death almost immediately, crying at the airport, wearing that flamboyant outfit to the funeral - maybe she doesn't want any competition as chief mourner?

Yes I think so. Making allowances for the fact that she is upset, she still comes over as a spoilt little miss, resenting her moment in the spotlight being tarnished by lesser beings.
  • Options
    TheExecutionerTheExecutioner Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    She really doesn't have to crawl under a rock because some people are letting their dislike of her cloud their rational thought.

The same can be said about some people's excessive like for her, which tends to 'cloud rational thought' and debate. ;)
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just see her as someone who is deeply grieving over her friend's death. Nothing more.
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    tara27 wrote: »

Absolutely. I didnt like her at all on BB, but she seemed genuine enough on This Morning, and said she wanted to refute certain allegations - she's only human.

There's far too much judging of people just because of who they are. The fact that she was a not particularly nice BB contestant is all that some people need.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I agree with you. She was very emotional about her friends on BB and she'd only known them a short time.

Yes she cried in front of the cameras at Amys house, but she could have been crying all the way there for all we know, and she looked a state so she clearly wasn't thinking abotu getting her face in the papers. There were plenty of people who never even met her crying outside her house.

Agreed - particularly with your last paragraph. The Kelly Osbourne thing reeks of "she was my friend first and I'm mourning her and you're not allowed to". It's childish, pathetic and bitter. Does she really think Amy would want her friends turning on each other now that she's gone?

Aisleyne was poised, articulate and very professional on This Morning. There was nothing "attention seeker" about it. She spoke lovingly of Amy and she cleared her name. It was the most effective way she could do both, and there's nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never really minded Kelly osbourne but I think she's coming across petty and like a bit of a bitch from her statement on twitter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't we just cut the crap and be honest here? Aisleyne is only getting so much vitorol directed at her because she's an ex-Big Brother contestant - and BB contestants were always branded as fame-hungry, attention-seekers. It's basically snobbery. If it had been someone who got famous with a talent and hard work then none of this would even be a problem for some. What if it WAS Mark Ronson who was there on Saturday for example? Nobody would be calling him an attention-seeking drama queen!

As wonkeydonkey said earlier in this thread - there was shock and dismay that A-lister Amy Winehouse would even want an ex-BB contestant in her house when people first heard of their friendship. Aisleyne said in her This Morning interview how they met 4 or 5 years ago? I think considering they've been friends for that length of time shows that Amy actually liked her. Maybe, and just maybe, Amy didn't judge people on where they ranked on a celebrity list and just enjoyed her company.

Besides, Aisleyne hasn't gone around the tabloids offering salacious, juicy 'exclusives' about Amy and their wild nights out together. She spoke very fondly of her and made it clear she would rather paint Amy's life as a rather normal one. Also using the interview to clear up a vicious rumour about not only herself but Amy too.

What is rather distasteful is people taking to Twitter to start some in-fighting with other people who called themselves Amy's friend. It all reeks of bratty childishness, a very 'but I knew her first and she liked me more, so there!' mentality to it.

I agree with this 100%.
  • Options
    fynefunfynefun Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    franster wrote: »
    I agree with this 100%.

very good points there, wonder how many of the haters watched her on this morning?
  • Options
    Steve™Steve™ Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    Well Kelly should shut up and lets face it, Aisleyne probably was unwise to speak to the media, on the other hand she doesnt have a family name to fall back on when her own talent gets a bit scarce:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Hector RivaHector Riva Posts: 2,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As wonkeydonkey said earlier in this thread - there was shock and dismay that A-lister Amy Winehouse would even want an ex-BB contestant in her house when people first heard of their friendship. Aisleyne said in her This Morning interview how they met 4 or 5 years ago? I think considering they've been friends for that length of time shows that Amy actually liked her. Maybe, and just maybe, Amy didn't judge people on where they ranked on a celebrity list and just enjoyed her company.

^ this is a marvellous post and I agree.

I've always liked Aisleyne, she was so likeable and honest when in the BB house and I'm not surprised the always honest Amy would warm to her and want to be her friend.

Amy Winehouse was A-List, she acted like she didn't know it.
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was she paid to be on This Morning? In her defence she was accused of being with Amy when she wasn't so wanted to set the record straight..people could argue she could have done that another way I suppose
    I wouldn't go as far as to say it is "disgusting"
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    I think Aisleyne is simply attention seeking as per usual.

I may be wrong, I freely admit. I don't know the woman so who am I to judge. it's just the impression, rightly or wrongly, that I get.
  • Options
    TamaraTeaBagTamaraTeaBag Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Hi All, am new here and thought I'd add my bit! :D

I thought she was way out of line, and the photo of her on the ground outside the house really appalling, says a lot that she wasn't at the funeral in my opinion. If they had been that great mates, why wasn't she there?

That speaks volumes.