Options

My husband was racially abused by my father this afternoon..

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Have you quoted the wrong post again?

I don't understand how this relates to my post.

:confused:

I think it is perfectly clear.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Would a victim of sexual abuse use this kind of language?

ouch!
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I said
    You've contradicted yourself in that post. Perhaps you should leave it alone now.

You replied
    Disagree, there will always be some you do not like because of their view points/ideology. But generally so.

Which caused me to say
    Have you quoted the wrong post again?

I don't understand how this relates to my post.

Your response
    :confused:

I think it is perfectly clear.

No - it really isn't clear
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    I said

You replied

Which caused me to say

Your response

Not just me then!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I said

You replied

Which caused me to say

Your response

well, tending to have more sympathy for people in general does not make you Mother Teresa. There will always be someone whose points of view are so different to your own, that you find it difficult to find sympathy for them.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well, tending to have more sympathy for people in general does not make you Mother Teresa. There will always be someone whose points of view are so different to your own, that you find it difficult to find sympathy for them.

I've been following this thread...can understand Hobbit's comments/replies but unfortunately can't say the same about yours, I've re-read a couple of times but still scratching my head here :confused:
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    I'm one of those and no, I wouldn't. Not ever.

deleted, replied to wrong post, sorry
  • Options
    Forum Member

Difficult to find sympathy is one thing.

Positively gloating that someone you don't even know is dying from cancer, is another thing entirely.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps the OP has a lack of sympathy for Jade Goody as she was racially abusive towards a culture that the OP has married into?

What is your lack of sympathy for the OP based on exactly?

I dont have sympathy for anyone that wishes cancer/death on someone.

Yes jade was racist etc, but her and shilpa cleared the air before she died, she was also only 27 and left 2 little boys.

I feel sorry for the OPs husband, as he shouldn't have to put up with racism from anyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I dont have sympathy for anyone that wishes cancer/death on someone.

Yes jade was racist etc, but her and shilpa cleared the air before she died, she was also only 27 and left 2 little boys.

I feel sorry for the OPs husband, as he shouldn't have to put up with racism from anyone.

Hey, I have masses of sympathy for Jade Goody and her children, it was a completely tragic story. I have also acknowledged that the comments against her were bad. But I equally sympathise with the OP and her abused background, and have found many posts on here equally as wrong as the posts against JG.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Difficult to find sympathy is one thing.

Positively gloating that someone you don't even know is dying from cancer, is another thing entirely.

I dont disagree, but I find some comments on here equally as bad. Just hypocritical really.
  • Options
    TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel disgusted you have had to endure the sick abuse from your family QG,
    sounds like your father is a tyrant who has perverted your brother.
    Its time to get tough,it nice to get friendly advice on here but you need help from people /organisations who have experience in this sort of thing,
    Not only will they advice you, they will bring a bit of clout to your situation,you wont accept being fobbed off.
    Do you live in council accommodation.
    Why can't you move.even a few streets away would help.
    You have right 100% on your side.
    It's time your so called Father and family realized they aren't dealing with a little girl who has to do what they say.
    they are dealing with an adult who has rights, these rights have been seriously
    abused, It's time to make them fear the consequences of their actions.that's the only way to stop the evil treatment you have had to endure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would a victim of sexual abuse use this kind of language?

The oddest thing about that post is the fact that her 17 year relationship has been in suspended animation for 2 years

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=33769784&postcount=15

okay I'm probably nitpicking now. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I dont disagree, but I find some comments on here equally as bad. Just hypocritical really.
    Hmm, maybe, but no more hypocritical than the OP is being. She can laugh and gloat about someone having cancer but gets outraged when someone says something nasty to her husband.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    francie wrote: »
    I've been following this thread...can understand Hobbit's comments/replies but unfortunately can't say the same about yours, I've re-read a couple of times but still scratching my head here :confused:

Its really quite simple. I am trying to at least have an understanding of why perhaps the OP made comments against someone who was dying. I am not condemning her as I feel for her and the dreadful abuse that she has endured as a child. I would not want to blame anything 'bad' or 'wrong' she may have said simply on her abuse alone. I am trying to understand an alternative view point that is not oppressive towards the OP. We are all unique and individual. One comment should not be blamed on the abuse suffered. The OP has the right to be separated from that abuse and not oppressed by it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmm, maybe, but no more hypocritical than the OP is being. She can laugh and gloat about someone having cancer but gets outraged when someone says something nasty to her husband.
    perhaps your abused past has made you quite negative and hold grudges? I prefer to seek answers, understand our behaviours, and move forwards.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey, I have masses of sympathy for Jade Goody and her children, it was a completely tragic story. I have also acknowledged that the comments against her were bad. But I equally sympathise with the OP and her abused background, and have found many posts on here equally as wrong as the posts against JG.

What I dont understand is why she had to bring up her background when the post was about her husband.

I do have sympathy for people being abused - I never said I didn't, but when someone gloats at the suffering of someone else, thats a bit low.
  • Options
    ejmejm Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    perhaps your abused past has made you quite negative and hold grudges? I prefer to seek answers, understand our behaviours, and move forwards.

That's a very simplistic ideal, which may work for some, but for others could be a real struggle.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Not negative, no, and I don't bear grudges often. Considering my recent past, I've had to be rather introspective and I know what makes my tick.

So no, you have entirely the wrong impression of me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The OP has the right to be separated from that abuse and not oppressed by it.

Absolutely, but she has to want to be separated from it. The OP has a history of posting many many references to her childhood abuse and very little else. It sadly seems to dominate her life as it is now.

Perhaps the fact that nobody has ever really been punished for the abuse is the problem and it has been suggested many many times that she contacts the police to see what action can be brought. There are many examples of abusers being brought to justice after longer time periods.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    This whole thread is really quite uncomfortable to read.

From the opening post, which I feel sorry for the ops hubby.

To the shocking shocking posts about jade goody. That all past me by on here, I cant actually believe how nasty people were about someone, famous or not, dying of cancer. Truly vile comments in those threads. People should be utterly ashamed of themselves back then. How can anyone justify gloating about another human dying? How?

To the posts attacking each other regarding abuse and race.

To everything.

This thread is just naff.

Its a conflict of feelings regarding this. I think past posts should have nothing to do with present ones though.

Maybe this thread is all worn out now?
  • Options
    The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    In my eyes, Jade wasn't even racist on BB - it was Danielle Lloyd and that bint from S club 7 who were the culprits yet they seemed to get away with it:confused: To celebrate the fact that Jade had cancer is disgusting and anyone who behaved like that should take a long, hard look at themselves tbh. RIP Jade.
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe we should have a poll?

Who believes the OP, who doesn't?.

Would clear the air rather than having posts dragged up from years back and over exagerated responses to those posts as well.

Me, I think the OP is a fantasist. It's sad so many people are giving them so much attention. I'm even beginning to wonder if they are female.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Absolutely, but she has to want to be separated from it. The OP has a history of posting many many references to her childhood abuse and very little else. It sadly seems to dominate her life as it is now.

Perhaps the fact that nobody has ever really been punished for the abuse is the problem and it has been suggested many many times that she contacts the police to see what action can be brought. There are many examples of abusers being brought to justice after longer time periods.

I agree, and would hope for this too. But if you read literature on sexual abuse, non reporting is not uncommon. I dont know the psychological reason as to why, but the literature is out there.
  • Options
    The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    The oddest thing about that post is the fact that her 17 year relationship has been in suspended animation for 2 years

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=33769784&postcount=15

okay I'm probably nitpicking now. :(

:eek:The plot thickens.
This discussion has been closed.