Options

Lady Gaga on Amy Winehouse - what a load of crap

TokieTokie Posts: 84
Forum Member
"I'm so devastated and so sad. I really couldn't speak for like 48 hours straight. I was in such shock. You know, I think the most unfortunate thing about it all is the way the media spins things. Like, here, we can learn from Amy's death.

"I don't think Amy needed to learn any lessons. I think the lesson was for the world to be kinder to the superstar. Everybody was so hard on her, and everything that I knew about her was that she was the most lovely and kind woman."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a332782/lady-gaga-amy-winehouse-death-left-me-in-shock.html

It makes me sick to my stomach to hear such bulls*it, especially as she'd never even met her. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    She uses exaggerated phrases like that all the time, I wouldn't take it literally.

It comes from a sincere place though. She's spoken before and after Amy's death about how highly she regarded her...how when Amy made it, she felt like she could to because they were unconventional artists in terms of music and look. Gaga was mistaken for Winehouse when she was brunette, and is the reason she dyed her hair blonde.

She obviously felt a connection there, and her death affected her. You don't have to know them to feel shocked. MJ's, Diana's, Lennon's etc. deaths affected millions and 99.9% didn't have any personal relationship with them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that if you feel 'sick to your stomach' to hear this slightly theatrical but kindly meant tribute you must have a very sensitive stomach. :D
  • Options
    QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    The same "Lady" Gaga that freely admits to still liking a hit of cocaine every so often? Right...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    The same "Lady" Gaga that freely admits to still liking a hit of cocaine every so often? Right...

:confused: And? Does she deny it?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If true, silly lass.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member

"Lady"? Is it still 2009? :rolleyes:

+

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a332785/lady-gaga-i-dont-do-any-hard-drugs-anymore.html
  • Options
    Hector RivaHector Riva Posts: 2,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think I read that Lady Gaga has tried most illegal drugs, so maybe why that is the reason she is so upset because she feels it could be her and not Amy who is dead?

Injecting heroin and smoking crack is a bit of a step up from the odd line of coke though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    If true, silly lass.

Here you go:
    She said: "I used to do hard drugs. I was so embarrassed. My dad called me out about it one day and so I stopped. I don't do any hard drugs anymore.

"I am a part of the green club sometimes. My dad was like 'I know what you're doing, because I did and I lost every friend who ever meant anything to me'."
  • Options
    smashboxsmashbox Posts: 4,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tokie wrote: »
    "I'm so devastated and so sad. I really couldn't speak for like 48 hours straight. I was in such shock. You know, I think the most unfortunate thing about it all is the way the media spins things. Like, here, we can learn from Amy's death.

"I don't think Amy needed to learn any lessons. I think the lesson was for the world to be kinder to the superstar. Everybody was so hard on her, and everything that I knew about her was that she was the most lovely and kind woman."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a332782/lady-gaga-amy-winehouse-death-left-me-in-shock.html

It makes me sick to my stomach to hear such bulls*it, especially as she'd never even met her. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Awww arent you easily offended.;)
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Lady Gaga on Amy Winehouse' - it sounds kinda gross... but Gaga would do anything for attention!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pork.pie wrote: »
    'Lady Gaga on Amy Winehouse' - it sounds kinda gross... but Gaga would do anything for attention!

You're acting as if she forces people to write news about this. She was asked about it on The View and it's rude to ignore people so she answered. Hardly her fault it's apparently top news. :confused::)
  • Options
    EE at HeartEE at Heart Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    She is using her death as a way of hyping up herself.

I find her disgusting and wish her career would stall so she can piss off.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tokie wrote: »

Lady Gaga does talk the MOST amount of bollocks!! Its why Ive never fallen for her charms. short career or not, Amy was the more talented of the 2...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    She is using her death as a way of hyping up herself.

I must have missed the bit where she responded to the question with "I won't answer until you buy my album."
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're acting as if she forces people to write news about this. She was asked about it on The View and it's rude to ignore people so she answered. Hardly her fault it's apparently top news. :confused::)

Concorde was regularly missed when people are looking the other way ;)
  • Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member

WHOOOOSH!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pork.pie wrote: »
    Concorde was regularly missed when people are looking the other way ;)

I live near the airfield where Concorde last landed. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's absolutely her fault. If there's one thing Gaga's good at, it's.... no, not music.... self-marketing, She knows exactly what wins column inches and positions her entire act solely around the attention she gets. Take that away and what you have is a fairly desperate Madonna wannabe employing gimmicks we've all seen many times before. At the moment, the press have a shortage of celebrities and collective amnesia which is why she has a career.

So no. She knows what she's doing and she does it well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delete.
  • Options
    SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's sweet what she said, if no one commented on AW's death you'd probably be moaning that no one gives a sh!t.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    It was, like, so ,like, incredibly hard to like...speak.
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    Is there any bandwagon that this woman has not jumped on? Give it a rest, please.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAPkwGIgbsI About 2 mins in. Make of it what you will.
  • Options
    QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member

*whoosh!* :D

If any of you think she's drug free now then you must be higher than her. I forgot that this forum is full of her little idio..."monsters". :rolleyes:

#RA RA OH LA LA! ROMA! RA GA GA!# And people actually BUY THIS!! WITH MONEY!!
  • Options
    SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No they don't, they download it illegally, it's the way forward.