Options

Riot in Tottenham! (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    The VixenThe Vixen Posts: 9,829
    Forum Member
    Discussing on BBC News the possible need for water cannons and plastic batton rounds if it gets much worse, the chances of this getting much worse is certain surely?

About flaming time. No pun intended.
  • Options
    OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kutox wrote: »
    Well things are really working out well right now aren't they?

SO a hard line right wing government, a bit like ...oh Nazi Germany perhaps? this would be better or worse?, people would feel more or less resentment, more or less 'equal'?
    this would lead to more or less civil unrest?... I can wait,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    This country is in dire need of an authoritan right-wing government, to much political correctness and pandering to scum has been going on since Thatcher was stabbed in the back.

Or maybe that's why we're here now?
    googleking wrote: »
    Oh it absolutely is not for him. Cameron and May may be spectacularly failing to get this under control right now, but anyone knows it's under labour rule that the behaviours we're seeing now slowly bred. Labour made the country into this house of cards, the tories just have the misfortune to be in charge when it finally started toppling.
    That's something that will be disagreed upon. But considering Labour were 9 points ahead yesterday, see what happens...
    Cameron's only in Italy, he could be back here by midnight and convening a COBRA meeting. Like it or not, the country needs its leader here, not hiding with his head in the sand pretending Theresa May and Nick Clegg can handle it.

Oh, I agree 100%.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    I'm surprised they didn't have the water cannons out on Saturday night. These hooded crusties hate nothing more than getting wet.

Use of water cannons is not legal in England
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the police need to get heavy handed, so be it. If they don't want to do it, send in the army.
    Sorry to break this to you, but there is not enough of them to go round to do that. Say two went in to grab one rioter, they risk getting seriously attacked by the rest of the group which is why they aren't doing it.
  • Options
    The VixenThe Vixen Posts: 9,829
    Forum Member
    allfiredup wrote: »
    Ah horses at last

Great news!! About time for that too.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why not use teargas and such things
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lala wrote: »
    POLICE WHERE ARE THEY? For goodness sakes.

And WHERE ARE THE F**KING PARENTS OF THESE KIDS?

:mad:

Probably in jail, or been let out and nowhere to be seen
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Police are being hampered by spectators. Everyone go home.

What are the spectators hampering? The police are bearly moving a muscle.

Spectators are a scapegoat for police inaction.
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Another consequence of these riots is that a lot of Londoners will be selling their expensive houses and moving around the country, loads of bloody cockneys everywhere (but staying away from the multicultural areas beloved by certain DS posters no doubt).
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    ejm wrote: »
    I think he'll come back after tonight. They need to round these scrotes up and send them to Afghanistan, show them a real battle. They would all pi$$ their pants in fear.

We don't need bloody politicians to give their worthless soundbites. We simply need decision-making delegated to the police with legal impunity so that they can do what they calculate is necessary without having to worry about being sued. They are trained proffessionals, they know best how to quash a bunch of hoodies, not David bloody Cameron.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Doesn't need to.....all such meetings can be easily conducted via conference calls etc

Sends out a great message, does that.

"I'm on holiday, I'm not going to bother coming back to the country, I'll just phone it all in"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why not use teargas and such things

I think the police are scared.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where are you Kieran?
    I hope you don't have any damage :(
    Oh dear:( Are you ok?
    Yikes - whereabouts are you Kieran?

Colliers Wood, South London. There were reports of the two shopping centres being attacked tonight...I guess it's actually happening. I won't be leaving my house to check.
  • Options
    itsashruberyitsashrubery Posts: 8,144
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised they didn't have the water cannons out on Saturday night. These hooded crusties hate nothing more than getting wet.
    I was calling for it on Saturday night, I think it could happen tonight though I dread to think how bad this is going to get tonight
  • Options
    ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    We don't need bloody politicians to give their worthless soundbites. We simply need decision-making delegated to the police with legal impunity so that they can do what they calculate is necessary without having to worry about being sued. They are trained proffessionals, they know best how to quash a bunch of hoodies, not David bloody Cameron.

Surprise surprise, to do that requires we have politicians here and willing to make the necessary changes.
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    Another consequence of these riots is that a lot of Londoners will be selling their expensive houses and moving around the country, loads of bloody cockneys everywhere (but staying away from the multicultural areas beloved by certain DS posters no doubt).

i love living in London but yes stuff like this makes me re-think.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and ban school holidays
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    You can keep London

what a sh*t hole
  • Options
    allfiredupallfiredup Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Birmingham on Sky news. Photos only
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    kutox wrote: »
    Probably in jail, or been let out and nowhere to be seen

No dads around most of them, a lot of them their mums will be drug addicts or alcoholics and can't control them or living with grandma who similarly has no control.
  • Options
    crabstercrabster Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have the news channels stopped showing the violence now or has it stopped?

Seems to have quietened down on BBC and Sky compared to earlier.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was calling for it on Saturday night, I think it could happen tonight though I dread to think how bad this is going to get tonight

Can't happen they're not legal in the UK
This discussion has been closed.