Options

The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was what's his name from Sarah Jane Adventures, I said to myself. I'll think of his name in a minute.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    k9fan wrote: »
    That was what's his name from Sarah Jane Adventures, I said to myself. I'll think of his name in a minute.

Clyde? I think, not sure though, don't know the actor :p
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 57,079
    Forum Member
    still no mention of mads :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SO many actors who I recognised in that episode. Daniel Anthony was the standout - he's always been terrific in Sarah Jane Adventures though. Good episode introducing the newbies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amyy. wrote: »
    Clyde? I think, not sure though, don't know the actor :p
    That's him, thank you. :)
  • Options
    Jay LeeJay Lee Posts: 4,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why have Scarlett and Lloyd, the two new nurses, been added to the title sequence but not Omar and Tamzin? I know Gemma Atkinson, who plays Tamzin, is only sticking around until Episode 12... does that mean Omar is disappearing with her? Seems odd.

I actually enjoyed that episode. I think Scarlett and Lloyd have good potential - especially Lloyd. The scenes involving him and the troubled teen were well played out. Madeline Mantock (Scarlett) and Michael Obiora (Lloyd) seem very natural on camera... if that is the right word and this can only be a good thing for those of us who want "Casualty" returning to its grittier roots. It was also good to see Charlie back at the centre of things.

I was also surprised by Lee Mead - a very natural performance from him too. Sometimes, especially of late, when "Casualty" has a guest artist on, you can't get away from the fact that they're a "celeb". I actually found myself interested in Lee Mead's character, Harry, as opposed to Lee Mead per se... not sure if that makes sense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PeteIsGod wrote: »
    SO many actors who I recognised in that episode. Daniel Anthony was the standout - he's always been terrific in Sarah Jane Adventures though. Good episode introducing the newbies.

agreed! by the time i'd finished saying 'oh that's...' another one i recognised popped up :D

It was a good episode, nice to have new staff and i couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of playing 'charlie bingo' i bet he's been nursing so long he does just move from one cliché to the next

I thought lee mead was quite good!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it from the preview that Mads has left. Really looking forward to the Ruth and Jay storylines. I love Ruth, even when she was a controlling psycho bitch :)

Also, this episode, notice Lee Mead's character went into FarMEAD school, and the kid was called Lee. Can't possibly be a coincidence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If i am honest tonights episode was better than last weeks :D liking Scarlett and Loyd is alright but he needs to grow on me :) good introductions though.

Clyde from Sarah Jane was good as usual and Lee Mead was ok.
  • Options
    laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just popped in to say I cant' bear XF (or Britain's Got Sob Stories) either.......casualty all the way for me. Nice to see Charlie back after what seems ages, but I'm not sure about the new nurses yet. Will reserve judgment a little longer before I start slagging them off :D:D:D
  • Options
    NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must be the only one, but I thought tonight's offering was very weak. I didnt enjoy it much at all. Thought Lee Mead was good, he is a seriously good looking bloke. Lucky old Denise I say!!
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a damn decent episode. I obviously don't watch as much telly as most as I didn't recognize most of the people named. I recognized Lloyd and the girl that got stitched by Ruth. She was in skins.

The new nurse ain't all that, I wouldn't be asking her to dinner if I'd just spotted her across a crowded ward. Nice pins though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never kneW Mads left, she departed so suddenly. Was it even mentioned on-screen?

I didn`t know either & it wasn`t mentioned on-screen. I was looking forward to more Lenny/Mads interaction. She`d been in Casualty long enough to get a good leaving story.

Bring Mads back. Very poor continuity.
  • Options
    Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gallox wrote: »
    I take it from the preview that Mads has left. Really looking forward to the Ruth and Jay storylines. I love Ruth, even when she was a controlling psycho bitch :)

Also, this episode, notice Lee Mead's character went into FarMEAD school, and the kid was called Lee. Can't possibly be a coincidence.

I love Ruth too bring on the the storylines with Jay.;):D
  • Options
    Urban BassmanUrban Bassman Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArumLily wrote: »
    I didn`t know either & it wasn`t mentioned on-screen. I was looking forward to more Lenny/Mads interaction. She`d been in Casualty long enough to get a good leaving story.

Bring Mads back. Very poor continuity.

Not as bad as the Plastics continuity with the Plastics unit storyline in Holby. Who is this Professor and do the Holby plastics team of Michael and Sunil have a rival unit?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member

exactly. CASUALTY LISTEN! please don't make us wait any longer... x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    Not as bad as the Plastics continuity with the Plastics unit storyline in Holby. Who is this Professor and do the Holby plastics team of Michael and Sunil have a rival unit?

It's Doc Brown from Hamish MacBeth! I had such a crush on him when that used to be on. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    still no mention of mads :(

yeah its all getting just a little bit odd now! lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Soon, please. They are MEANT to be TOGETHER ;)
    Thank you.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree!

I really liked last night's episode. I thought that Lloyd and Scarlett were really good. They seem to fit in with the team.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i wonder if hasina sees how popular she is she might get asked back???? loads of people are tweeting her asking if shes left and still expecting to see her etc
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wonder if hasina sees how popular she is she might get asked back???? loads of people are tweeting her asking if shes left and still expecting to see her etc
    Let it go
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Let it go

:rolleyes: like i said theres loads of people still wondering if she's left!!!!
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes: like i said theres loads of people still wondering if she's left!!!!

I never knew that she left after watching her last episode. But considering there's no Mads in the opening titles, wikipedia says she's gone and she doesn't appear in the preview on the bbc site for the next 12 episodes she's definitly gone.

I don't really get the big deal about her leaving or some of the love for her on here. I thought she was one of Casualty's poorer characters. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    xKatieLx wrote: »
    I never knew that she left after watching her last episode. But considering there's no Mads in the opening titles, wikipedia says she's gone and she doesn't appear in the preview on the bbc site for the next 12 episodes she's definitly gone.

I don't really get the big deal about her leaving or some of the love for her on here. I thought she was one of Casualty's poorer characters. :o

people on twitter probably wouldnt know or want confirmation...

thats your opinion....loads obviously liked her
This discussion has been closed.