Options

Walking out/switching off

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 380
Forum Member
Have you ever walked out of the cinema or turned off a DVD part way through because you have been so bored or disappointed with the movie?

I fell asleep in the cinema watching 'the last three days' i found it so boring

The last Dvd i switched off was Battlefield Earth :o

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burke & Hare ....watched half an hour thought it was a pile of shite binned it after that .

Bloodrayne 3 ...see above
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Halloween - Rob Zombie version (really liked The Devils Rejects so thought it would be good - It wasn't.)
    What Just Happened - Didn't seem to follow what was happening, or more to the point -care :)
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The films I most recently gave up were Halloween 2 (new one), which was just boring me, the Fog (new one) which again ws boring me, and the Exterminator, which was actually making me angry.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Several times.

Tango and Cash, Daredevil and Chicago are ones I've walked out of. I would have liked to have left Transformers 2, but was giving lifts home to others who wanted to stay and watch.

Turned White Chicks DVD off, as I just couldn't see the point.

For me these days, the benchmark of a good film is one where I stay awake throughout.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I walked out of The Tree Of Life and saw Larry Crowne instead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never walked out of the cinema (.....yet)

I have sat through some right rubbish on DVD or stuff I have recorded, but I tend to skip to the end on fast forward "just to see if it does get any better" and get the gist of what happens to the characters (ie. if they get shot etc)

Last film I properly turned off was Dirty Rotten Scoundrels!
  • Options
    fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sucker Punch, the last dvd turn off [and go and do something less boring instead].
    Lasted 25 mins I think. Beyond awful.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I switched off The Pink Panther (original) and still haven't bothered to resume :o

I also switched off Ghost Ship and 28 Weeks Later, but for a very different reason. I can usually handle horrors, but they had moments of gore which made me feel quite ill. I eventually resumed them though, good films :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sucker punch was an awful movie and if it wasn't for Abby Cornish and Emily Browing appeling to my eyes I would've turned it off too.
    My girlfriend and I were watching 'Before the devil knows you're dead', we turned it of out of utter boredom with aroud 40 mins left. Even repeated scenes of a topless/naked Marisa Tomei couldn't keep it intresting.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I have never walked out of a film in the cinema but I did fall asleep whilst watching Lord of The Rings the two towers in the cinema.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just watched the first half of The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas.Total over-hyped rubbish.
  • Options
    RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll dive for cover after saying this but...

Twilight. Gave up after about ten minutes. Wasn't for me :)
  • Options
    ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hancock - I got about 10 minutes in before stopping it. I just wasn't in the mood
  • Options
    bodderzbodderz Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The remake of 'The Wicker Man' was pretty damn awful, didn't last long with that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    I've just watched the first half of The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas.Total over-hyped rubbish.

Loads of people I know love that movie. I think it looks like boring shite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    Watched the second half in the hope that it would get better.Not a chance.Wooden acting,poor script,obviously made on a tight budget.Dire.
    Saw the end coming a mile off.A film about the Holocaust(albeit seen through a child eyes) does not a classic film make.
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never walked out the cinema, and I have watched some complete rubbish on the cinema too (twilight 3 I think?). And I have never switched off a DVD I haven't seen before. I have switched off DVD of films I have watched before - if I become too distracted or I am too tired.

I have never fallen asleep in the cinema before either, I would find it impossible to sleep with a big bright screen and loud surround sound, so even if I was exhausted (if I was I would probably not go the cinema) I wouldn't be able to fall asleep.

I like to watch a film all away through no matter how bad they are though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loads of people I know love that movie. I think it looks like boring shite.

I usually trust my tv mag.The film reviews are pretty much spot on.
    They gave this one 4 out of 5.I'd give it 2 out of 5 and that's being generous.Boring shite indeed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you ever walked out of the cinema or turned off a DVD part way through because you have been so bored or disappointed with the movie?

I fell asleep in the cinema watching 'the last three days' i found it so boring

The last Dvd i switched off was Battlefield Earth :o

I have walked out of the cinema once - The Talented Mr Ripley

If I hadn't been with a group in the cinema box, I would have walked out on Enduring Love
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have walked out of the cinema once - The Talented Mr Ripley

If I hadn't been with a group in the cinema box, I would have walked out on Enduring Love

The Talented Mr Ripley is one of my favourite films... :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    walked out of A.I Artificial intelligence at the cinema. just felt it was too slow and boring. Gave it a chance on dvd and enjoyed it.

last dvd i switched off half way through was munich. Again just got bored of it. Will give it another chance one sunday afternoon or something.
  • Options
    computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only walked out early on 1 movie in the cinema. Evan Almighty. The film was pretty terrible but not the worse i've seen. My friend wanted to leave early and i can't really blame him.
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    The only time I've ever fell asleep at the cinema was Defiance. It was just so unbelievably boring - bizarre that for a film with such a rich subject matter, absolutely nothing happens of any consequence until the end, which still isn't anything to raise an eyebrow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    The last DVD I switched off during the film was Bad Lieutenant. There have been a number where I wanted to stop watching but kept hoping it would get better, the most recent one being Bridesmaids, didn't find it funny in the slightest and was just very boring.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would never walk out of the cinema early no matter how crap the film is. I`ve paid for it so i stay until the end.