Options

Would I Lie To You?

Comments

• Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dxfatass wrote: »
    David Mitchell seemed on the verge of exploding during the jumper section :D

I'e started giggling again just thinking about the state he was in.
  • Options
    owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    It's rare to see panellists crying with laughter and Miranda set me off. Then David's laughter at the cuddle jumper was a joy to watch. The funniest thing I've seen in ages.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Kevin Bridges on next week. I hope he manages to top himself. :D

You want him to top himself? Seems a bit harsh! :(;)

I thought tonight's show was hilarious. The cuddle jumper actually equalled Kevin Bridges' horse story for me.

They could have come up with something a bit more likely than that girl (what was her name again?) being at school with Lee Mack. Four years younger? Looked more like 14 years younger. Was she kind of hot or was that just me? I liked watching her trying to keep a straight face (well, I just liked watching her :D )

Well deserved Liar of the Week for Nick; he can tell them absolutely poker-faced.
  • Options
    CombatHamsterCombatHamster Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David's laughter at the jumper was glorious. I was already laughing at that segment and then he just made it even better. I love this show.

Btw WILTY usually do a compilation at the end of the series with unseen bits, rather than extend the episodes.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brilliant first episode, i havent laughed like that in ages watching the tv.
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if this is repeated again during the week - I need to watch it again!
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Well deserved Liar of the Week for Nick; he can tell them absolutely poker-faced.
    In my head, Nick and Sugar were playing 'Ping Pong'...on the Board table....it's True.;)
    Dxfatass wrote: »
    David Mitchell seemed on the verge of exploding during the jumper section :D
    For me, that was more Funny, then the Cuddle Jumper, and when Rob Tripped over.:eek:

Great start to the new series....but who is Rebecca, and what was her Story....:rolleyes:....did she have one.

David's Me Room...that bit was true, yes?

And Miranda's tall....so was she Up for Goalkeeper.:)
  • Options
    auron87auron87 Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has to be my favourite panel show. It's consistently funny and last nights show was especially brilliant!
  • Options
    peter_sharp1ukpeter_sharp1uk Posts: 1,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camis wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this is repeated again during the week - I need to watch it again!

Unfortunately unless you can use the iplayer, it is not repeated again.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately unless you can use the iplayer, it is not repeated again.

Which I intend to do, unfortunately missed the first 5 minutes.

We were in complete hysterics - knew Miranda's football story was true, her reaction to it was brilliant, and the cuddle jumper, right up there with the horse story for me, David Mitchell's helpless laughter was infectious :D
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only turned on during the ping pong story - was there anything before that?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carman wrote: »
    I never quite understand the point of the extended versions, why don't they just show the extended version to start with?

Wouldn't work on BBC1. Say they show something at 9pm-9.45, they have 15 minutes then.
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sepmix wrote: »
    Wouldn't work on BBC1. Say they show something at 9pm-9.45, they have 15 minutes then.

I'm sure they could create 15 minute stop-gap comedies if they really wanted to. Or compile 15 minute repeats of their stand-up shows or panel games. They used to make 10 minute repeats of Alistair McGowan's Big Impression to fit into awkward gaps in the schedule.
  • Options
    BillyCasperBillyCasper Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only turned on during the ping pong story - was there anything before that?

No, that was the first one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    Stansfield, Rebecca Front is a legend. She was in The Day Today, Alan Partridge, Amando Ianucci's radio show and The Thick Of It, to name just her Ianucci collaborations. She didn't say much on the show, but her credentials are impeccable.

Zazzi can't be that much younger than Lee Mack, if she's more or less the same age as Mirander.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Orion wrote: »
    Stansfield, Rebecca Front is a legend. She was in The Day Today, Alan Partridge, Amando Ianucci's radio show and The Thick Of It, to name just her Ianucci collaborations. She didn't say much on the show, but her credentials are impeccable.
    Only watched The Day Today.....But still can't place her.:(
  • Options
    maw1maw1 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Only watched The Day Today.....But still can't place her.:(

She's also Inspector Lewis's boss in the ITV series.
  • Options
    loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,322
    Forum Member
    Great opening show. :D I loved the whole jumper thing and Miranda's football story.
    One of the other funniest bits was the reveal of Jack's painting (well, and his drawing).
    Orion wrote: »

She was also brilliant in Nighty Night. :D
  • Options
    sn_22sn_22 Posts: 6,493
    Forum Member
    Absolutely brilliant. :D

They've really stumbled across a fantastic dynamic with Rob, Lee and David which works so well. I can't think of another panel show where you don't feel someone is 'phoning in' their performance a bit. Merton on HIGNFY, Davies on QI. etc. Still great shows, but they can feel a bit laboured some of the time. You get the sense those guys are just having a whale of a time filming the show at the moment - as you could see from David's hysterics at the snuggle jumper. :D
  • Options
    ahoymeisterahoymeister Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was disappointed when they replaced Angus Deayton with Rob Brydon but on the evidence to date, the decision has been vindicated. This is the most reliably funny panel show around at the moment, and such a simple concept too.

Anyone got Miranda Hart's friend's phone number?
  • Options
    Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Hewer is hilarious :D

Excellent first episode.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    sepmix wrote: »
    iaindb wrote: »
    I'm sure they could create 15 minute stop-gap comedies if they really wanted to. Or compile 15 minute repeats of their stand-up shows or panel games. They used to make 10 minute repeats of Alistair McGowan's Big Impression to fit into awkward gaps in the schedule.
    They could have 2 45 minute shows on Friday night starting at 8.30.
    or they could put it on Saturday. No 10pm news so they can have it at any time really. Probably starting at 9.30 to 10.15 then news then MOTD.
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    They could have 2 45 minute shows on Friday night starting at 8.30.
    or they could put it on Saturday. No 10pm news so they can have it at any time really. Probably starting at 9.30 to 10.15 then news then MOTD.

Or another option would be to make 45 minute episodes of A Question Of Sport to run from 8.30 to 9.15.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    QoS is bad enough at 30 minutes
  • Options
    DoohDahDoohDah Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Just watched this on i-player and was crying with laughter. For me, this has been the best episode so far.

I also love the fact that David and Lee seem to genuinely get on and make each other laugh.