Options

HO Later: Did Rae's death top Sarah's death?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Puts me off Silas.

Seriously Rae never did anything to anyone.

Silas is a hopeless killer, what the hell was the point in killing Rae?
  • Options
    cherbrinkleyfancherbrinkleyfan Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh poor Rae :( Best exit!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a horrible feeling Brendan will get the blame for this, and considering he is one of the pillars holding this show up (imo;)). I reckon he'll get arrested, maybe even charged, and eventually Silas will kill again (probably if someone gets suspicious eg Nancy) and once the police realize the murders are connected he'll be released.

Then Brendan vs Silas can resume.

But poor Rae. I hated her. But it was a sad death. She was one mouthy cow though, the way she stood up to Brendan and 'defended' Ste.
  • Options
    Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just watched it, im horrified!!! i knew she was going to get murdered weeks ago.
    but
    i hate watching horror movies, so this type of thing sits with me, im going to be picturing rae's death face for days now :mad:
  • Options
    Jingle JangleJingle Jangle Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought of was Rae's bloodied, desperate face having the life squeezed out of her, so I don't know if her death topped Sarah's, but it was equally as horrific and terrifying, just in a different way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought of was Rae's bloodied, desperate face having the life squeezed out of her, so I don't know if her death topped Sarah's, but it was equally as horrific and terrifying, just in a different way.

Same here :(
  • Options
    Silas BlissettSilas Blissett Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Very upset I wasn't given the chance to watch without viewing it first.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Gruesome is definitely the word for Rae's murder. The others were all implied, but this time they showed the whole thing which made it that bit more gripping imo.

That said, I don't think it was better than Sarah's death. But I suppose that's a reflection on how much money must have been spent on filming it. I dunno.

RIP Rae Wilson :(
  • Options
    kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    It doesn't top Sarah's death for me, but it was still shocking. One scene she is having a ball with her DJing, next she gets a blow to the face and is being strangled. What she last saw will haunt me for a little while.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it odd I really "Felt for Rae" during that scene? I was literally like "RUN RAE RUN".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    It doesn't come anywhere near topping Sarah's death, that whole ten minute scene was so gripping and intense and really quite disturbing when Sarah realised what was going to happen to her. Plus Sarah was a much more important character than Rae and she'd been on screen for four years.

That said I did like Rae and murder scenes are never enjoyable, the scene was great but just doesn't top Sarah's.
  • Options
    Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -I probably will get slated for "spoiler" in the title but it's aired and "out there" now so yeah.

Nope - nothing tops the death of Sarah Barnes - that fall from the sky, was just down and out SICK.

however - out of all the 'Silas victims' - I'd say Rae suffered the worst, the poor cow got a rock smashed over her head as a bonus.
  • Options
    Plant_PiePlant_Pie Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont think it was as good as Sarahs but think the situation of Sarahs and the way it was filmed made that one worse,seeing the ground and seeing her reaction and the thud.

But saying that this one was still horrible!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah and Rae's deaths are in my top soap moments, so dramatic and so good (if you know what i mean)
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob22 wrote: »
    Nope - nothing tops the death of Sarah Barnes - that fall from the sky, was just down and out SICK.

however - out of all the 'Silas victims' - I'd say Rae suffered the worst, the poor cow got a rock smashed over her head as a bonus.

From what i saw, there was no rock or spanner which is what others have said. Thought he punched her then strangled her.
  • Options
    MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a word, no.

Sarah's death was horrifying and really powerful... Rae's was very gruesome and nasty for a soap, but it has nothing on Sarah's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it didn't top Sarah's death, Sarah's death would be difficult to be topped by any of the soaps. But Rae's death was guresome and quite shocking too.

Shame she had to go over Texas, Leanne or Maddie though.
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He definitely hit her with something.

You don't get a massive bleeding head wound from a punch.

Plus you hear something metallic drop.
  • Options
    Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    From what i saw, there was no rock or spanner which is what others have said. Thought he punched her then strangled her.

No mate - if you look again at the footage - he physically picked something up from the floor, and whatever the item was - it made her bleed.

he didn't punch her - he picked something up.

personally I thought it was a big rock.
  • Options
    Jingle JangleJingle Jangle Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I heard something metallic drop, too.
  • Options
    corkontheoceancorkontheocean Posts: 1,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know what you mean...it was the first thing I thought of when I woke too :( It was horrific...
  • Options
    BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He hit her with a wrench I thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He hit her with something but i dont know what
  • Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't even slightly effected by it. I have seen loads of horror films. I guess it's sad. But I don't really watch the show any more.

Sarah's death was scary. because it was an accident. I know it was sort of murder. But it was like. shit. I'm gonna die. thud.

then blood all over the field.

It was creepy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I watched Sarah's death on the night it aired, I was in shock hours after it happened. It was like I was there and witnessed what had happened - so weird, I've never felt like that watching TV before. I really doubt anything will top how awful it was to watch.

Rae's death came no where near it. I'm not knocking the death/scene as it was good but nothing special.

Sarah's death will be really, really hard to beat for any TV show I watch.