Options

Doc Martin (Part 10 — Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    simplyred wrote: »
    Welcome MadCatLady - better late than never - and you're amongst friends here! :D:DWhat's been your favourite ep up to now?

Thanks for the welcome. I love them all, I'm addicted. But the one with Stewart and his mate Anthony always makes me giggle. And also when Louisa was giving birth and the whole village was listening thanks to Bert. :D

I agree, I think I'll probably like Aunt Ruth. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    How terrific is this to finally have a new episode to watch and ponder?!? Really enjoying the chat, thanks to all the contributors. Lots to love, I thought! My Top 10:

10. All the emotion and memory packed into one silent scene in AJ’s bedroom. His picture by her bed. We know she was “there” for the birth although the Doc didn’t know it. Comforting that she had the pleasure of hearing it was a boy and picking out that little blue outfit for him. :cry:
    9. How carefully DM and LG are treading with each other. “Can I stay” – nice echo of the scene in Tick Tock when LG asks to stay…ostensibly as a patient in his practice. Can’t last forever but really enjoying the tender tone. Please writers give them a scene now and again where they’re not interrupted when on the verge of connecting!!!
    8. Impressed with the subtle ways they promote some really important medical info: dangers of polypharmacy, high rate of heart disease in the UK, importance of getting lumps checked out. Little incongruous to call 71 a” good age” to live til b/c DM has been reliably obnoxious about pointing out in very personal ways the link between early death and lifestyle choices.
    7. Penhale! A little less obnoxious, a lot more lovable. Very nice tone when he delivered the bad news about AJ.
    6. Multiple scenes of the villagers interacting with them as a family. Sorry Doc, they are NOT going to MYOB! Loved Bert the expert on diapering and what’s best next to baby’s skin. Will it wear the Doc down or wear him out?
    5. DM chiding LG about picking up the crying baby - my husband did the same thing:o. Baby crying in crib, I’m exhausted but spring out of bed, he blocks the door …then drops his arm when he sees the mad look in my eye! We look back on that now and laugh about not getting between mother tigers and their young
    4. Tea mug in the refrigerator.
    3. Fleeting look of pleasure on DM’s face when LG says “we’re impressed” about the crib.
    2. LOVE the title of the episode – good luck to that! Screamingly funny scene in the shop - the Doc bending over to demonstrate the location of the perineum and insisting on taking a look! “Preserve the romance” - marital advice, like almost anything else the villagers try to teach him, falling on DM’s deaf albeit impressive ears.:rolleyes:
    1. Not the show itself but the yt heroes who posted it for the global audience. Couldn’t have enjoyed it without you, many thanks!!!:):):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    betsytacy wrote: »
    Why hasn't LG moved back to her own house?

Presumably she would have moved back during the summer holidays but she went and had the baby instead:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    betsytacy wrote: »
    Why hasn't LG moved back to her own house?

Didn't they come to an arrangement as DM is leaving for London to spend as much time as a family before he leaves?
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved this episode and so good to see it back and straight on form. Sad that SC isn't around for this one but I was wondering if she would do this series when I heard she had been cast in Corrie. Don't have a favorite scene as it was all brilliant but I bet so many of us have done the tea mug in the fridge.

Nice to see Digger still involved as he is a fantastic little dog having met him a few times giving demonstrations of his skills
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claireabo1 wrote: »
    Didn't they come to an arrangement as DM is leaving for London to spend as much time as a family before he leaves?

Only in the fanfic;):D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    simplyred wrote: »
    Only in the fanfic;):D:D:D

:D:D:D

Or is it wishful thinking
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok so did I hear something about a presspack and future ep synopsis, etc.........if yes, can they be mailed to me at cjmcork@gmail.com

muchos grassy-ass!
  • Options
    TxBelleTxBelle Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    finally, I just had to join this forum and jump in with all this Doc Martin mania :D Ive got so much to say but don't know where to start. Ive been reading this forum so long I feel like I know everybody.:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    TxBelle wrote: »
    finally, I just had to join this forum and jump in with all this Doc Martin mania :D Ive got so much to say but don't know where to start. Ive been reading this forum so long I feel like I know everybody.:p

Welcome to fun TxBelle! You're now part of the coolest group on the internet! :p:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D

Or is it wishful thinking

probably just wishful thinking...but I like the way you think:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madmother wrote: »
    I just asked Dominic Minghella about the onions and he doesn't know. So, we're back to speculating, I'm afraid.

Thanks anyway Madmother.

Did you ask about the buddha?
  • Options
    TxBelleTxBelle Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to fun TxBelle! You're now part of the coolest group on the internet! :p:cool:

Isn't that the truth!!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Portwenn59 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick response.:) I just told him he was correct. He's delighted, of course and he'll be hard to live with for the rest of the day. Men, they just love it when they're right.:rolleyes:

LOL but it was a good spot by him!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJMCork wrote: »
    ok so did I hear something about a presspack and future ep synopsis, etc.........if yes, can they be mailed to me at cjmcork@gmail.com uchos grassy-ass!
    Only on condition that you don't tell me anything about them:eek::D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TxBelle wrote: »

Hi TxBelle - welcome to the club:D:D:D
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't rip my head off because I have never seen this before last night, but is has Martin got Aspergers or is he just rude? Whatever it's bloody hilarious. So was Gordon Ormerod as well as the bumbling bloke in the doctor's surgery.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sendibo wrote: »
    We can't use spoilers forever - the episode is available for everyone to see and the thread is marked spoilers, so I reckon you're fine :)
    Folks,

I work at a radio station and have access to TV previews.

I have watched episode 2 and just watching 3 and if you would like me to write a brief synopsis about the upcoming two episodes then let me know and I will!

I love Doc Martin, always have!

One thing I will tell you is that I am 15 minutes into episode 3 and they still have not got a name for the baby!!

If someone could tell me how to do a spoiler thingy then let me also know that too in case people dont want to know

We are not putting spoilers in for the show as we watch it but we still want Claireabo1 to put her info in spoilers as she is actually watching episodes in advance.

Does everyone agree with that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    Thanks anyway Madmother.

Did you ask about the buddha?

I think speculation about this Buddha has gone on long enough, we need answers. ;) Quite frankly I'll be happy with any answer just as long as its not a gift from BT. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJMCork wrote: »
    ok so did I hear something about a presspack and future ep synopsis, etc.........if yes, can they be mailed to me at cjmcork@gmail.com

muchos grassy-ass!

The press pack is published in its entirety on:

Scroll down until you see a "Spoiler Alert" you can't miss it! :D:D:D

http://docmartinseries5.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't rip my head off because I have never seen this before last night, but is has Martin got Aspergers or is he just rude? Whatever it's bloody hilarious. So was Gordon Ormerod as well as the bumbling bloke in the doctor's surgery.

We'll try not to rip your head off but no guarantees. ;);):D There has been much talk over whether or not he has any illness of sort, but that was never the intention and he has always denied in real life. He is just rude and tactless, but that's how we love him!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think speculation about this Buddha has gone on long enough, we need answers. ;) Quite frankly I'll be happy with any answer just as long as its not a gift from BT. :mad:

That would be simply awful! :cry:

MC is coming to australia in 2012 and I am going to make it a mission to contact all the people who interview him to add it to their question lists until we get an answer, if we haven't found out before then.

Only another year to wait. We are used to waiting aren't we? :yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know I have been thinking about that last scene..

LG shrugs when DM looks at her for confirmation that he can deal with that man who has the sling - that's new him asking her for her permission..

also why doesn't LG just say "I'll see you at home then when you are finished" or something like that. No she chooses to feed the baby there where the Doc is .. she didn't have to as the baby wasn't even crying..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, to all you authors out there (you know who you are), I would just like to point out that having a new series to discuss is no excuse not to continue with the FanFic - I mean there are cliff hangers and everything that need to be carried on.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MadCatLady wrote: »
    Hello everyone! This is my very first post, I decided to join last night after being a huge Doc Martin fan for years and this place is definitely the place to discuss it.

I loved the episode last night! And yes, the scene in the loo was so funny. I knew that Joan was going to die as I watched Martin Clunes on Alan Titchmarsh's show and he said something about it then. Didn't know it was going to be in the first episode though :cry:
    being here! :D

Welcome to the forum. :)
This discussion has been closed.