Options

Britney Spears Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Sneak peak at the Femme Fatale Tour DVD... looks so EPIC :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swlHUUhRaT0&feature=player_embedded
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »

It totally does :cool:
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking good

I have her dream within a dream tour dvd which is good and she managed to sing 15, possibly 17 per cent of the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I'm not going to lie, this is not good.It's too flat and one dimensional and there is nothing epic or "Britney" about it.Where is the great editing?Where are the multiple different scenes and costumes?Where is the powerful music?This is a poor excuse of a trailer.I hope all the people at Jive decide to work at some super market because the music industry is clearly not for them.I hope there is another trailer soon because the tour is too good for this trailer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking good

I have her dream within a dream tour dvd which is good and she managed to sing 15, possibly 17 per cent of the show.

I have that on DVD too :) great show and looks like this will be added alongside if released soon :)
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Looking good

I never got that one. I might have a look for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never understood why they never released her Onyx Tour one. It was actually filmed and even shown on American television. I managed to find a download and it was a good. She sweated a hell of a lot though.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 51,078
    Forum Member
    I never understood why they never released her Onyx Tour one. It was actually filmed and even shown on American television. I managed to find a download and it was a good. She sweated a hell of a lot though.

I remember seeing it on TV once. I'd like to own it on DVD.
  • Options
    TheChicagoBaronTheChicagoBaron Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »

I chaperoned my then-14 y/o sister to The Oops! Tour, and then the DWAD Tour (even though I don't like Pure-Pop 90% of the time, and I was genuinely interested in her in 2004 so I went to see The Onyx Hotel (which turned out to be a massive rip-off of Blond Ambition).

I had no intentions of seeing The Circus, and I'm not seeing Femme Fatale either, but I might buy the DVD.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    Call me crazy, but this detail right there makes me thing the real Britney is back.I needed some elements of 2005-2007 Britney; the independent Britney who didn't give a damn and made her own decisions, because hey that's her prerogative (:cool:).I think that she is taking care of herself now and she actually WANTS to look pretty, which is a GREAT sign.

Do you think she can pull off the boob-shake better than the bootyshake?
  • Options
    TheChicagoBaronTheChicagoBaron Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope it's just a correction for her confidence, and that she's not going to appear with Mae Wests. I think they look fine, but she obviously sees them more than we do.
  • Options
    umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been reported that the 'Criminal' music video will be directed by Chris Marrs Piliero the director behind her last video 'I Wanna Go'.

A great choice, as their last collaboration together was fantastic and I loved the video.

So far, so good :)

ALSO: the video is scheduled to be filmed in London over a two day period: 18th and19th Sept.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    umr3000 wrote: »
    It's been reported that the 'Criminal' music video will be directed by Chris Marrs Piliero the director behind her last video 'I Wanna Go'.

A great choice, as their last collaboration together was fantastic and I loved the video.

So far, so good :)

ALSO: the video is scheduled to be filmed in London over a two day period: 18th and19th Sept.

Chris Marrs Piliero = good choice :)

my brothers birthday is on the 19th sept :)

I wish i lived in london...i would definitely trash the set ..until I meet britney :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
  • Options
    ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The possible plot of the Criminal video has my opinion split! It's not how I expected it and pictured it for months, but it does have potential! :)
    I think Chris Marrs Pilero and Britney work really well together and IWG is such a brilliant video, but with Criminal being a much slower song I don't know if comedy or something wacky would work. But something wacky or funny might not happen in the video, its just an assumption based on Chris' other videos! He has potential to deliver something abstract that none of us expected, but that could work so well! :)

I hope its not a big 9 minute-Gaga-esque video movie (thats how it seems from the summary) because those videos loose their watchability after a while because it is a bit like watching a movie over and over and over where you know exactly whats coming and the song isnt showcased too well. Shorter glimpses of the Criminal at work could work better! :)

I don't want to see Britney slapped by a guy! :( Moral issues aside, it wouldn't fit the Femme Fatale theme. HIAM had Britney fighting herself and holding her own, with neither Britney losing. TTWE had Britney not caring about the end of the world and enjoying what could have been her last moments in a blaze of glory. And IWG: "f**k you, f**k you, YOU'RE Cool! f**k you" - Britney be STRONG! Haha :P All those videos have a strong woman role fitting the album title, and Criminal is all about loving someone who you shouldn't but making your own decisions, so the theme of inner strength is there. Her being beat up wouldn't be very Fatale-esque. Just my opinion, I may have looked into it a little too much, but oh well! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The possible plot of the Criminal video has my opinion split! It's not how I expected it and pictured it for months, but it does have potential! :)
    I think Chris Marrs Pilero and Britney work really well together and IWG is such a brilliant video, but with Criminal being a much slower song I don't know if comedy or something wacky would work. But something wacky or funny might not happen in the video, its just an assumption based on Chris' other videos! He has potential to deliver something abstract that none of us expected, but that could work so well! :)

I hope its not a big 9 minute-Gaga-esque video movie (thats how it seems from the summary) because those videos loose their watchability after a while because it is a bit like watching a movie over and over and over where you know exactly whats coming and the song isnt showcased too well. Shorter glimpses of the Criminal at work could work better! :)

I don't want to see Britney slapped by a guy! :( Moral issues aside, it wouldn't fit the Femme Fatale theme. HIAM had Britney fighting herself and holding her own, with neither Britney losing. TTWE had Britney not caring about the end of the world and enjoying what could have been her last moments in a blaze of glory. And IWG: "f**k you, f**k you, YOU'RE Cool! f**k you" - Britney be STRONG! Haha :P All those videos have a strong woman role fitting the album title, and Criminal is all about loving someone who you shouldn't but making your own decisions, so the theme of inner strength is there. Her being beat up wouldn't be very Fatale-esque. Just my opinion, I may have looked into it a little too much, but oh well! :p
    I haven't read anything official or even semi-official about the plot yet.However, I disagree with you not liking the Britney getting slapped part.It doesn't fit the Femme Fatale theme indeed but neither does the song itself, so it sounds pretty perfect.And I think Britney's vulnerability can make a video great by itself if she pulls this off properly.But she can still be a slapped in the face femme fatale.A real femme fatale can rise from the ashes, so Britney getting slapped and then packing her bags and leave would be pretty "fatale" tbh.And the video could end with her sheding her very last tear and walking away towards the sunrise (the description sounds cheesy a.f. but in execution it might look better).Also, she could just fight back after the slap and knock the "criminal" down, throw things at him, kick him (and then a hair-toss!).Just kidding.I think that we always fail to imagine what videos are going to look like.No matter how big fans we are, we still can never figure out :o;)
  • Options
    marc_ukmarc_uk Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    on tuesday!! Does anyone know if she is giving a interview or performing? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently, this is the cover of 'Criminal'
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a340388/britney-spears-reveals-new-single-criminal-artwork.html
    As long as Jive is in control, I don't care about covers, because they are all lazy (and beneath Britney), but I will focus on ONE phrase: "I was thinking of a really cool concept for the video just to make it interesting. You'll have to see."
    YES!Britney was THINKING!I am SOOO ready for Britney to start being the boss of her career!! :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Britney was in charge of this album in a creative way. She is listed as the executive producer which means she knew who she wanted to work with and decided what went on the album. She did that with the three albums before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Britney was in charge of this album in a creative way. She is listed as the executive producer which means she knew who she wanted to work with and decided what went on the album. She did that with the three albums before.
    Yes, I've noticed that, but people are never going to give her credit until her name is on the song credits and I'm getting tired of the "Britney is untalented" debate :rolleyes:.Anyway, being an executive producer is pretty good, but she's on a level where she should be involved more.She should be the ultimate boss!About visuals, about promo, everything!And while Britney chose her co-workers for 'Femme Fatale', it was her (poor excuse of a) label that made the decisions about the tracklist and Britney should have been the one to do it.She's amazing and I would love her to be creatively free (like a kid in a candy store :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree and understand where your coming from. I hope she becomes boss again like with In The Zone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    marc_uk wrote: »
    on tuesday!! Does anyone know if she is giving a interview or performing? :D

:eek: as in, live? not pre-recored? I can't wait!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :eek: as in, live? not pre-recored? I can't wait!
    Tell me you aren't kidding!!!I would absolutely LOVE that to happen!