Options

The Simon Cowell Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clock his face when asked if he broke up with his girlfriend at about 0.21 ;)

http://x17video.com/celebrity_video/simon_cowell/simon_cowell_smokes_while_sign.php

uncomfortable
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MICH78 wrote: »
    Really? I know it's all perception from a distance, but i think he seems really energised and relishing the challenge when it comes to the show.

This is a great little video, he handles himself so well with fans and paps. Plus, he looks HOT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhcTlRzlSFs

Simon is a great guy and I'm sure he is great with his fans. I was talking about the passion. He talks passion - I see none.

As for XF US, it probably would have been better if they had launched it before The Voice. Simon isn't always right and I'm not sure he is right about this project with 'crazy lap dog Paula' 'robotic Nicole' and 'harsh L.A'.
  • Options
    dexydaldexydal Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    Simon is a great guy and I'm sure he is great with his fans. I was talking about the passion. He talks passion - I see none.

As for XF US, it probably would have been better if they had launched it before The Voice. Simon isn't always right and I'm not sure he is right about this project with 'crazy lap dog Paula' 'robotic Nicole' and 'harsh L.A'.

I don't see where you are seeing this. He has come across very passionate about the show in interviews I have seen him in and I have seen most of them.

I think Paula will surprise you on this show, she is far removed from her idol days and probably gave the most constructive critiques of all the judges in the auditions. Nicole was finding her feet when I saw her, but she balances the panel well. Other then Simon, LA was my favourite, he tells it as he sees it, but with a dry sense of humour too.

This show is completely different to The Voice, there is plenty of room for both of them. If any show suffers, I feel it will be Idol as it's looks tired and drab against The X Factor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dexydal wrote: »
    I don't see where you are seeing this. He has come across very passionate about the show in interviews I have seen him in and I have seen most of them.

I think Paula will surprise you on this show, she is far removed from her idol days and probably gave the most constructive critiques of all the judges in the auditions. Nicole was finding her feet when I saw her, but she balances the panel well. Other then Simon, LA was my favourite, he tells it as he sees it, but with a dry sense of humour too.

This show is completely different to The Voice, there is plenty of room for both of them. If any show suffers, I feel it will be Idol as it's looks tired and drab against The X Factor.

It's not me saying these thing about the judges. It's Simon. He says Paula is still crazy and his lapdog who wags her tail for him like a good^dog. He also says that nicole is selfcentrered and robotic, like a machine. Those are not really good observations in my view. Plus, the whole sacking of Cheryl has made it a mess too.

I think XF might do well, but I'm doubtful it'll be a huge hit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not me saying these thing about the judges. It's Simon. He says Paula is still crazy and his lapdog who wags her tail for him like a good^dog. He also says that nicole is selfcentrered and robotic, like a machine. Those are not really good observations in my view. Plus, the whole sacking of Cheryl has made it a mess too.

I think XF might do well, but I'm doubtful it'll be a huge hit.

You are missing the point completely and taken the quotes out of context. He has said those things tongue in cheek, not as a serious observation.

The Americans aren't worried about Cheryl, she will make a brief appearance next week and then be forgotten. He made a mistake hiring her for the US show, admitted it, rectified it and now everyone has moved on.

I have no doubt this show will be HUGE.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are missing the point completely and taken the quotes out of context. He has said those things tongue in cheek, not as a serious observation.

The Americans aren't worried about Cheryl, she will make a brief appearance next week and then be forgotten. He made a mistake hiring her for the US show, admitted it, rectified it and now everyone has moved on.

I have no doubt this show will be HUGE.

Of course he is joking but its also true. Paula is his lapdog, just like Cheryl was on XF. The reviews of Nicole have been saying that she is robotic etc. The Cheryl gate is very unfortunate because I do think it damaged the show a bit.

Also, Simon is threatened by The Voice, he keeps bringing it up all the time. I think you're right that AI will suffer towards XF, but I also think The Voice's 2nd series will make XF suffer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course he is joking but its also true. Paula is his lapdog, just like Cheryl was on XF. The reviews of Nicole have been saying that she is robotic etc. The Cheryl gate is very unfortunate because I do think it damaged the show a bit.

Also, Simon is threatened by The Voice, he keeps bringing it up all the time. I think you're right that AI will suffer towards XF, but I also think The Voice's 2nd series will make XF suffer.

I can't see how you can give a constructive opinion on it, until you have seen it!

I make up my own mind, I don't use what I have read in gossip columns or tabloids to form an opinion.

This time next week when we have watched the first program, is the time to discuss it in full.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/63064/Cheryl-Cole-Blows-Up-Simon-Cowell-Model-In-Afghanistan

I usually like to see the funny side of things, but this has hit a nerve with me. Utterly tasteless and crass to blow up an effigy of Simon (or anyone). If she had any real political awareness she would not have done this, particularly in the same week as 9/11 anniversary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see how you can give a constructive opinion on it, until you have seen it!

I make up my own mind, I don't use what I have read in gossip columns or tabloids to form an opinion.

This time next week when we have watched the first program, is the time to discuss it in full.

I'm giving my opinions. You don't have to agree with me. Thats why this is a discussion board.

I'm just not feeling it. That said, I could be wrong and it'll be a huge hit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I honestly don't think he is. Sure, people enjoyed The Voice and it averaged 12m viewers, but Simon would deem that a failure for his own show. If he doesn't get close to 18m as the season progesses, he'll be disappointed.

He hasn't brought up The Voice either, reporters have asked him if the show stole his thunder with the mentoring aspect, which they did. IMO XF is a much bigger and better show, it will always win on prouduction values alone - even Nigel has said that America will have seen nothing like it before. If anything, it's The Voice who are going to have to raise their game for season 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm giving my opinions. You don't have to agree with me. Thats why this is a discussion board.

I'm just not feeling it. That said, I could be wrong and it'll be a huge hit.

I'm not going to argue with you, but you can't give an opinion on something you haven't yet seen!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly don't think he is. Sure, people enjoyed The Voice and it averaged 12m viewers, but Simon would deem that a failure for his own show. If he doesn't get close to 18m as the season progesses, he'll be disappointed.

He hasn't brought up The Voice either, reporters have asked him if the show stole his thunder with the mentoring aspect, which they did. IMO XF is a much bigger and better show, it will always win on prouduction values alone - even Nigel has said that America will have seen nothing like it before. If anything, it's The Voice who are going to have to raise their game for season 2.

I think he is because The Voice is the next big thing. It's more about the music. XF is all about the image and the bickering between judges.

The Voice US had a great first series and I personally think it'll grow.

To dexydal. I have seen both Nicole and Paula in action and as judges I agree with the reviews. I've also seen plently of clips of XF US, but of course, not the full show yet.

I liked the first ad when they mocked Idol. It's Simons typical style, fast cars and action.
  • Options
    allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/63064/Cheryl-Cole-Blows-Up-Simon-Cowell-Model-In-Afghanistan

I usually like to see the funny side of things, but this has hit a nerve with me. Utterly tasteless and crass to blow up an effigy of Simon (or anyone). If she had any real political awareness she would not have done this, particularly in the same week as 9/11 anniversary.

You know Im no fan of Cheryl, but in this instance I think maybe she was caught between a rock and a hard place. I do believe the reports that she had no idea this had been planned - and if she snubbed it and not taken it as a joke it probably would have all kicked off and gotten MORE publicity.

Yes it was bad taste but I think Simon would see the joke. He might even hire those handy Army Bomb experts to blow up something thats been annoying him a lot lately...:D :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    You know Im no fan of Cheryl, but in this instance I think maybe she was caught between a rock and a hard place. I do believe the reports that she had no idea this had been planned - and if she snubbed it and not taken it as a joke it probably would have all kicked off and gotten MORE publicity.

Yes it was bad taste but I think Simon would see the joke. He might even hire those handy Army Bomb experts to blow up something thats been annoying him a lot lately...:D :D:D

That's true and on reflection, it probably suggests they are on speaking terms again and knew he would get the joke. It just got my back up for some reason.

I like the idea that he might have taken tips though :D A joint Kerching & Ashley rocket into Space maybe?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's true and on reflection, it probably suggests they are on speaking terms again and knew he would get the joke. It just got my back up for some reason.

I like the idea that he might have taken tips though :DA joint Kerching & Ashley rocket into Space maybe?

Is there room for Tone on this launch?? :D:D Surely they could strap a little one to the nose? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    Is there room for Tone on this launch?? :D:D Surely they could strap a little one to the nose? ;)

I'll personally MAKE room for him :D Although Tone probably doesn't like rockets.. along with boats, caribbean holidays, glamorous premieres....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll personally MAKE room for him :D Although Tone probably doesn't like rockets.. along with boats, caribbean holidays, glamorous premieres....

Just sellotape a £20 note to the nose cone and he'd be on it like a moth to a flame ;). Actually, make it a fiver. We can spend the extra £15 on a bottle of Tesco bubbly to celebrate Outer Space getting a new rubbish beard, adulturous scumbag and a freeloader ;)
  • Options
    ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to argue with you, but you can't give an opinion on something you haven't yet seen!

I'm not being funny, but how ironic is it that you're telling Marianner that she can't have an opinion on it until she has seen it, but then you're having an opinion on it too. Fair enough you saw 1 or 2 days of the early auditions but you also haven't seen a full edited version of the show to rubbish Marianners claims that is won't be a big hit. You just don't agree with her opinion but that doesn't makes you're right either. Her opinion is her own that it won't do as well as Simon hopes and you're is of course that it will be the biggest thing since World War 1 because Simon's behind it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'll gladly help you make room Mich if you need any help ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Jane~ wrote: »
    I'm not being funny, but how ironic is it that you're telling Marianner that she can't have an opinion on it until she has seen it, but then you're having an opinion on it too. Fair enough you saw 1 or 2 days of the early auditions but you also haven't seen a full edited version of the show to rubbish Marianners claims that is won't be a big hit. You just don't agree with her opinion but that doesn't makes you're right either. Her opinion is her own that it won't do as well as Simon hopes and you're is of course that it will be the biggest thing since World War 1 because Simon's behind it.

I wasn't referring to whether she thought the show would be a hit or not, but her comments on the judging panel. Marianner said LA Reid was "harsh', but she hasn't seen the humour which also goes with his comments. Nicole was 'robotic', which was what Simon said taken out of context and Paula was a 'crazy lap dog', when I actually thought she was constructive on the auditions I saw and I wasn't a great fan of hers on Idol.

I do think it will be huge, but not just because Simon is behind it, look what happened with Red or Black. My opinions on that weren't in Simon's favour.

I didn't 'rubbish' her comments, I said I don't see how you can give an opinion on the show, until you have actually watched it. We will all have a valid opinion next week and I'm sure we won't all agree, but at least it will be based on what we have seen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't referring to whether she thought the show would be a hit or not, but her comments on the judging panel. Marianner said LA Reid was "harsh', but she hasn't seen the humour which also goes with his comments. Nicole was 'robotic', which was what Simon said taken out of context and Paula was a 'crazy lap dog', when I actually thought she was constructive on the auditions I saw and I wasn't a great fan of hers on Idol.

I do think it will be huge, but not just because Simon is behind it, look what happened with Red or Black. My opinions on that weren't in Simon's favour.

I didn't 'rubbish' her comments, I said I don't see how you can give an opinion on the show, until you have actually watched it. We will all have a valid opinion next week and I'm sure we won't all agree, but at least it will be based on what we have seen.

Thanks -Jane- for sticking up for me. I'm just trying to be realistic here. Everyone thought AI would fall to pieces without Simon and it didn't. He was bored in his last series so maybe the audience embraced the new panel and appreciated it more this year. and he was the same bored on the U.K XF since 2009.

Red and black was said to be a smash - it wasn't. More like a disaster.

I already stated that I understood that the comments on the judges were said as a joke, but they are what he says they are. Paula is a lapdog, Nicole is like a machine and L.A is very very strict. Well in my opinion anyway.

I just personally think it's time for Simon to think about doing something completely different for a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QUOTE=dexydal;52826302]I wasn't referring to whether she thought the show would be a hit or not, but her comments on the judging panel. Marianner said LA Reid was "harsh', but she hasn't seen the humour which also goes with his comments. Nicole was 'robotic', which was what Simon said taken out of context and Paula was a 'crazy lap dog', when I actually thought she was constructive on the auditions I saw and I wasn't a great fan of hers on Idol.

I didn't 'rubbish' her comments, I said I don't see how you can give an opinion on the show, until you have actually watched it. We will all have a valid opinion next week and I'm sure we won't all agree, but at least it will be based on what we have seen.[/QUOTE]

Yeah YOU thought Paula was better at auditions than she was on Idol but you saw 1 days worh, you don't know what she was like on other days so whilst YOU think she's improved, Marianner and other forum members might still think she's Simon's 'Lapdog' and Marianner and anyone else is entitled to think so whether its now or after they've seen the show.

And as for Simon's words being taken out of context how do you know they are, he said Nicole was robotic, which to me means says what she needs to say and gets on with it and its no secret L.A is harsh, yeah there's humour there but at the end of the day he is harsh. Simon's words are Simon's words and are open to discussion but no one has proof they 'were taken out of context' until he claims so himself.

I never said you were full of compliments about R or B. R or B never entered my mind, you got me wrong, but then its likely to do with the fact its me saying it and you automatically assume I'm having a 'dig' at you or whatever cause you assume I have a personal vendetta against you, which frankly isn't true as I am more mature than that, I left high school behind 12 years ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ey no probs, I agree with every word you say to be honest,
    Thanks -Jane- for sticking up for me. I'm just trying to be realistic here. Everyone thought AI would fall to pieces without Simon and it didn't. He was bored in his last series so maybe the audience embraced the new panel and appreciated it more this year. and he was the same bored on the U.K XF since 2009.

Red and black was said to be a smash - it wasn't. More like a disaster.

I already stated that I understood that the comments on the judges were said as a joke, but they are what he says they are. Paula is a lapdog, Nicole is like a machine and L.A is very very strict. Well in my opinion anyway.

I just personally think it's time for Simon to think about doing something completely different for a while.

Hey. No worries. I know that sometimes its hard to try and voice an opinion in here that isn't licking Simon's arse cause you get shot down, which is not how it should be, its a discussion with my people who have their own opinions. I agree with most of yours by the way, Idol didn't crumble without Simon and whilst I do think AXF will beat The Voice in the ratings I don't think it will beat Idol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey. No worries. I know that sometimes its hard to try and voice an opinion in here that isn't licking Simon's arse cause you get shot down, which is not how it should be, its a discussion with my people who have their own opinions. I agree with most of yours by the way, Idol didn't crumble without Simon and whilst I do think AXF will beat The Voice in the ratings I don't think it will beat Idol.

Only one person is allowed to do that, and Ive not seen him post in here yet...:D ;)

ANYWAY...

So, with a week to go, how do we all think the show will go down with the Americans then? I think it will go well...yes its more of the same in the same ilk as Idol / The Voice etc but these kind of shows are popular. Scheduling will probably be Simon's biggest ally - or conversely, his worst enemy. Ive not looked closely at the Fall schedules tbh, whats XF up against do we know?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah YOU thought Paula was better at auditions than she was on Idol but you saw 1 days worh, you don't know what she was like on other days so whilst YOU think she's improved, Marianner and other forum members might still think she's Simon's 'Lapdog' and Marianner and anyone else is entitled to think so whether its now or after they've seen the show.

And as for Simon's words being taken out of context how do you know they are, he said Nicole was robotic, which to me means says what she needs to say and gets on with it and its no secret L.A is harsh, yeah there's humour there but at the end of the day he is harsh. Simon's words are Simon's words and are open to discussion but no one has proof they 'were taken out of context' until he claims so himself.

I never said you were full of compliments about R or B. R or B never entered my mind, you got me wrong, but then its likely to do with the fact its me saying it and you automatically assume I'm having a 'dig' at you or whatever cause you assume I have a personal vendetta against you, which frankly isn't true as I am more mature than that, I left high school behind 12 years ago.

I actually saw 2 days of auditions, but that is beside the point, I have seen the judges work together, but of course it could all look very different edited.

Simon calling Nicole robotic was out of context. as he actually said it while saying these things about her, which was nothing to do with her judging. "She’s up at five in the morning. She’s in the gym. She’s jogging. She’s working......"

I don't assume you are having a dig at me, but you have to admit you went at me full throttle, not the other way around.