Options

3 tops the mobile complaints league table again!

wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
Forum Member
✭✭
3 UK has more complaints than any other mobile network official statistics published by Ofcom show today.

They have double the number of complaints per 1000 customers than any other mobile network in the UK and the number of complaints has been rising quarter by quarter.

02 have the lowest number of complaints. 3 have 0.14 per 1000, 02 have just 0.02 per 1000 Customers.

Orange had 0.07 per 1000, Vodafone and T-Mobile had 0.06 per 1000 and Virgin Mobile just 0.05 per 1000.

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2011/09/ofcom-publishes-latest-telecoms-complaints-data/

Comments

• Options
    wiltwilt Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ouch, bad result. Can't say it's unexpected though...that offshore call centre is a nightmare.
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only 0.14%:rolleyes:

They can't be doing that badly if they are the 5th fastest growing network in Europe they must be doing something right.

Others are losing customers, Three added 1.1 million customers net in the last year.

Three also have the lowest or 2nd lowest churn (can't remember which) of any mobile network in the UK.
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    Only 0.14%:rolleyes:

They can't be doing that badly if they are the 5th fastest growing network in Europe they must be doing something right.

Others are losing customers, Three added 1.1 million customers net in the last year.

Three also have the lowest or 2nd lowest churn (can't remember which) of any mobile network in the UK.

Its not 0.14% its 0.14 complaints per 1000 customers.

However you want to dress it up its still double the rate of complaints ( serious enough to go to Ofcom ) compared to the next worst offender.

Your churn rate assertion doesn't seem to be correct, according to Wireless Intelligence (as of Q1 2011 - the latest figures) Three have the worst churn rate by far.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the one with the highest prices has the lowest number of complaints does this reflect on the clientèle or the quality of service?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A truly auful result that comes as no surprise if you look at customer feedback on independent consumer review sites.

02 with nearly 23 million subscribers have to be congratuated for their quality of service and they prove the point that paying a little extra can be well worth it.

How long will it take 3 to get the message that dissatisfied customers are bad for business and make some effort to satisfy those they attract rather than continually thowing money at gaining more customers who are unhappy with their service.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A truly auful result that comes as no surprise if you look at customer feedback on independent consumer review sites.

02 with nearly 23 million subscribers have to be congratuated for their quality of service and they prove the point that paying a little extra can be well worth it.

How long will it take 3 to get the message that dissatisfied customers are bad for business and make some effort to satisfy those they attract rather than continually thowing money at gaining more customers who are unhappy with their service.

Standard Three bashing then Wavejock. Customers are happy, Three won many awards in the last 18 months for great coverage of 3G, speeds, and more. They grew by 1.1 million customers.

The consumer ISPs received many times more complaints per 1000, the actual number of complaints to Ofcom was only 0.14.

Sure, they have work to do, but you don't half love to be soooooooooo negative about Three constantly like a broken record just because you had a bad experience with them / vendetta.

Just a side note - it's not 02 (zero two) as you keep typing it's O2 (O for oxygen Two).
  • Options
    legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonky going on ignore soon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Standard Three bashing then Wavejock.

Usual attempt at personalisation above then?

The norm of attacking an individual rather than addressing the issues when the agenda is not going your own way eh?

I think anyone who has been following conversations will know exactly what positions have been evident and can identify when contributers resort to cheap and pointless name calling.

Heading for ignore I think ..... deservedly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You two are the only two that constantly bash Three over and over again as much as you can. Just pointing that out, that's all.

I just wish you'd give the constant digging a rest so we can have a reasonable and sensible debate without all the emotional and over hyped bashing.

"A truly auful result.." "comes as no surprise.." etc
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    You two are the only two that constantly bash Three over and over again as much as you can. Just pointing that out, that's all.

Might as well add me to that as well then.

I'm on Three's one plan and while the network is absolutely superb, the customer service is absolutely diabolical which is of course what the complaints are about. Offshore call centers are a nightmare.
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    surprised by Vodafone!

there shocking!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    surprised by Vodafone!

there shocking!

Have to agree. I just had a call there from their debt management company because i cancelled a contract with them die to no signal in the area. They cancelled the contract yet still saw fit to chucking it to a debt company!

Useless imbeciles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prking wrote: »
    Your churn rate assertion doesn't seem to be correct, according to Wireless Intelligence (as of Q1 2011 - the latest figures) Three have the worst churn rate by far.

Doesn't surprise me. People will want to leave as soon as they realise the network coverage is so dire compared to O2/Voda.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *MikeB* wrote: »
    Doesn't surprise me. People will want to leave as soon as they realise the network coverage is so dire compared to O2/Voda.

Not here in Dundee it isnt. Three is actually the best out the lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You two are the only two that constantly bash Three over and over again as much as you can.

Oh well I suppose the Ofcom complaints results are irrelevant and the 100s of negative user reviews on idependent websites count for nothing?

Relevant experience about 3's performance also is nothing more than 'bashing' when it does not suit certain agendas.

One thing I have respect for is that Vodafone have forum monitors who attempt to engage with customers who have issues. 3 is nothing more than an attempt to be the Ryanair of the mobile industry with an attitude that cheap pricing will attract folks and poor service is acceptable because of the price. Only problem is that a flight is a short experience and one can get over a £30 bump for a bag at the gate but the same strategy does not work when folks have to put up with a product for 24 months.

There is no doubt that 3 have major issues with customer service and reliability in the UK and the feedback from their users is all the evidence needed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would 1.1 million people have moved to them in the last year and why would they have won awards from MacWorld, Broadband Genie, Top10.com, T3, Mobile Today for their data service speeds, network performance, coverage, reliability, value and won the Yougov mobile survey 5 times in a row otherwise.

Whilst their customer service isn't the best, I just don't think they deserve your bashing on everything you constantly bash them for, it's literally anything you can find to bash them, I note you slipped reliability in there now, coverage and frequencies in the other thread and many other posts, all bashing over and over.
  • Options
    dephanix02dephanix02 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Poor customer service is the price you have to pay for by far the best 3G (useable data speed - truly unlimited at that!) coverage & by far the cheapest contracts. I signed up to Three knowing all these facts & it suits my lifestyle perfectly!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As others are posting you can't beat the network for performance and 3G coverage, most joined Three knowing the support is offshore, but joined for other reasons.

I'd rather the support stay offshore than Three put up the prices to match Vodafone or O2s data packages and prices. 500 MB caps and 84% 3G coverage - no thank you.
  • Options
    legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would 1.1 million people have moved to us in the last year and why would we have won awards from MacWorld, Broadband Genie, Top10.com, T3, Mobile Today for our data service speeds, network performance, coverage, reliability, value and won the Yougov mobile survey 5 times in a row otherwise.

Whilst our customer service isn't the best, I just don't think we deserve your bashing on everything you constantly bash us for, it's literally anything you can find to bash us, I note you slipped reliability in there now, coverage and frequencies in the other thread and many other posts, all bashing over and over.

Corrected for you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As others are posting you can't beat the network for performance and 3G coverage, most joined Three knowing the support is offshore, but joined for other reasons.

I'd rather the support stay offshore than Three put up the prices to match Vodafone or O2s data packages and prices. 500 MB caps and 84% 3G coverage - no thank you.

Jesus! The complaints are about the customer service. that's what people here are saying as well so what are you arguing about?

Fact is here, they are the worst network for customer service.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews12640.html

Tells you all you need to know. Frequently updated and appended independent consumer reviews and just 17,8% of 3 contributers to that site would recommend them.

It's not just Ofcom that have evidence of poor customer satisfaction re 3 UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews12640.html

Tells you all you need to know. Frequently updated and appended independent consumer reviews and just 17,8% of 3 contributers to that site would recommend them.

It's not just Ofcom that have evidence of poor customer satisfaction re 3 UK.

Not sure of your point here as Orange has only 19% recommended

http://www.reviewcentre.com/Mobile-Phone-Networks/Orange-www-orange-co-uk-review_1401925

O2 only 33%
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews145.html

and Vodafone 21%
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/Mobile-Phone-Networks/Vodafone-www-vodafone-co-uk-review_1401936

People don't seek out websites so they can go to write good reviews about mobile networks. It's only when they have a bad experience that they go and post bad reviews on websites.

I do agree customer service isn't Three's strong point, absolutely agree. I just want to put a bit of balance to your posts that make the network sound like it's awful and failing, that's the impression you're trying to give and it's absolutely not the case.
  • Options
    mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is 02 have a lot less coverage than 3 with 3g, and 3 have hardly any 2g coverage, thou when you talk to someone on 02 it always seems to be bad call quality, compared to 3 or orange.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People don't seek out websites so they can go to write good reviews about mobile networks. It's only when they have a bad experience that they go and post bad reviews on websites.

Indeed and thats why 1091 people have decided to take the bother to post about 3 on Review Centre compared with 579 for Orange, 466 for 02 and just 381 for Vodafone.

Bearing in mind the network numbers 23 million for 02, 19 million for Vodafone and just 7.5 milion for 3 that represents a huge amount of dissatisfaction proportionately which the Ofcom report confirms.

There can be no doubt that customer satisfaction is a big issue for 3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No doubt it's an issue, just like other networks have issues with 3G coverage and tiny data allowances etc. You have to decide what is more important. How often do you need the network support or is the price, coverage, speeds, allowances etc that is more important.

The customer numbers between networks seem to suggest the latter is more important to people moving networks at the moment.