Options

AARON. Who IS he?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,963
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If Aaron is so very charming, and he does seem to have charmed the pants off nearly half of this forum, why does he keep saying he's not used to having pretty girls fawning over him, or the attention of females in general? Does this charm not have the same effect in RL, is he un-charming in RL? It's thought he has the looks and the personality, so surely he must have the same appeal in RL. A handsome prince in the house but a self-proclaimed toad in RL . . .

On the other hand he proclaimed himself to be a womanizer before he entered, on a BBots clip he he gave himself a 10/10 for pulling and said it was "piss-easy" (his words) Even if he was this bumbing fool he's portraying when he was younger, at 30 yrs he's had years to get used to females thinking he's the bees knees . . . something doesn't add up.

Ok, so they're playing a game on a game-show, fine, but imo he's playing the public with his bumbling fool act, it's off-putting. I feel the same about characters like Mark, who are a lot more likeable when they're not hamming it up, or ramming one facet of their personalities down our throats that they think will impress or manipulate the viewers. I want see them as they are, not a who's the best at acting a role and manipulating us.

Who is Aaron, is he the it's "piss-easy" woman puller or the "I don't know how I get myself into these situations" shy numpty?

Comments

• Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly aslong as a housemate entertains in some way , but isnt vile or nasty i dont care. BB is about being entertained. Oh an audition tapes an forms 99% of housemates always ham those up , talking s*** to get noticed an in the house.
  • Options
    NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    If Aaron is so very charming, and he does seem to have charmed the pants off nearly half of this forum, why does he keep saying he's not used to having pretty girls fawning over him, or the attention of females in general? Does this charm not have the same effect in RL, is he un-charming in RL? It's thought he has the looks and the personality, so surely he must have the same appeal in RL. A handsome prince in the house but a self-proclaimed toad in RL . . .

On the other hand he proclaimed himself to be a womanizer before he entered, on a BBots clip he he gave himself a 10/10 for pulling and said it was "piss-easy" (his words) Even if he was this bumbing fool he's portraying when he was younger, at 30 yrs he's had years to get used to females thinking he's the bees knees . . . something doesn't add up.

Ok, so they're playing a game on a game-show, fine, but imo he's playing the public with his bumbling fool act, it's off-putting. I feel the same about characters like Mark, who are a lot more likeable when they're not hamming it up, or ramming one facet of their personalities down our throats that they think will impress or manipulate the viewers. I want see them as they are, not a who's the best at acting a role and manipulating us.

Who is Aaron, is he the it's "piss-easy" woman puller or the "I don't know how I get myself into these situations" shy numpty?

Fabulous post, and agree with most of this.

I really think he puts on the little boy lost act when trying to get a woman, with his meek little voice he puts on it's going to attract the women.

After 'kissgate' with Maisy i am really surprised Faye has fallen for him, she has mentioned she doesn't want to be 2nd best. :confused:
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its his way of avoiding responsibility - " oh dear , how did that happen ? "
  • Options
    Truth_HurtsTruth_Hurts Posts: 4,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be a good actor, is that what you're saying?

Or maybe you're looking too deeply into things
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People either have charm or don't. He does as he is charming the public and the girls (+ Tom) in the house. In the real world, maybe he was right, maybe as he is an older man (and 30 is not old), younger 20 year old girls don't have their attention grabbed, but when he leaves, I can guarantee he will have better luck.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    People either have charm or don't. He does as he is charming the public and the girls (+ Tom) in the house. In the real world, maybe he was right, maybe as he is an older man (and 30 is not old), younger 20 year old girls don't have their attention grabbed, but when he leaves, I can guarantee he will have better luck.

Good post.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You have answered your own question. He pulls people by acting bewildered. He’s the male equivalent of a woman acting dumb to appear vulnerable and in need of understanding and protection and using the dumb act to get what she wants out of her mark.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Another thing he said to faye was that he never goes on one night stands, then on bots they show a clip of him saying alcohol and loud music makes girls "easy pickings".:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NightFalls wrote: »
    Fabulous post, and agree with most of this.

I really think he puts on the little boy lost act when trying to get a woman, with his meek little voice he puts on it's going to attract the women.

After 'kissgate' with Maisy i am really surprised Faye has fallen for him, she has mentioned she doesn't want to be 2nd best. :confused:

I'm still not fully convinced she really likes him, or prefers him over Jay. I think she upped her game when she found out Masiy was getting in there . . . and not sure that wasn't due to girl rivalry as to who's the most fanciable or because she didn't want Maisy getting the airtime. Jay seemed the only other consideration for her and if he never showed an interest then she's have been left trying to create her own airtime.

Must be a good actor, is that what you're saying?

Or maybe you're looking too deeply into things

I think he's hamming up the bumbling fool act, yes.

davd628 wrote: »
    Another thing he said to faye was that he never goes on one night stands, then on bots they show a clip of him saying alcohol and loud music makes girls "easy pickings".:mad:

That's my dilemma with him, he can't be both mr cocky and mr 'oh dear, I'm not used to all this attention', which one are you Aaron?
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You beat me to it OP. I am finding him nauseating now. Liked him at first but his "act" is getting pathetic now.
    Nasty Nick put on a pathetic, bumbling act but got found out. Well I don't trust Aaron either. I can't see how the others dpnt see it. But then they're young and I still think, despite their talk, niave. .
  • Options
    xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a sex god.......anything else become irrelevant :D
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Jennyloo wrote: »
    You beat me to it OP. I am finding him nauseating now. Liked him at first but his "act" is getting pathetic now.
    Nasty Nick put on a pathetic, bumbling act but got found out. Well I don't trust Aaron either. I can't see how the others dpnt see it. But then they're young and I still think, despite their talk, niave. .

He so reminds me of Nasty Nick, some of his mannerisms, I can't pin it down, just something about him.
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is with Aaron I'm not really believeng the Mr Humble Bumble act. He does seem to change to suit the moment. Saying that I still wanted him in the house, but to be honest, if all that comes of him now is Faye and him grappling, then I don't think I'd be too bothered if he goes.
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davd628 wrote: »

It was his answer on the BB application questionaire.

People often lie in questionaires :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xynaria wrote: »
    He's a sex god.......anything else become irrelevant :D

At least you're honest:D

BIB :eek: *gags*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Complex characters make good HMs
    We'd be bored with anything else.

IMO: I find I like him far far more than the boorish, laddish crowd like jay, Anton. And don't get me started about the rapping!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    It was his answer on the BB application questionaire.

People often lie in questionaires :o

'Clutching at straws' comes to mind:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Aaron has time to be a womaniser in real life, especially with a very young son.
    I see him more the settling type....if he found the right woman, but i have a feeling he's extremely picky and not the easiest in a relationship.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bellabella wrote: »
    Complex characters make good HMs
    We'd be bored with anything else.

IMO: I find I like him far far more than the boorish, laddish crowd like jay, Anton. And don't get me started about the rapping!

Don't get me wrong, I do agree that he's a good HM. I just don't know if who we're seeing is the real deal, and it irritates me.:o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RedBaron69 wrote: »
    I don't think Aaron has time to be a womaniser in real life, especially with a very young son.
    I see him more the settling type....if he found the right woman, but i have a feeling he's extremely picky and not the easiest in a relationship.

Does he have sole custody?
  • Options
    xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least you're honest:D

BIB :eek: *gags*

Just stating a fact not an opinion ;):p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RedBaron69 wrote: »

:D:D:D:D Picky? Sorry:o but that's:D He looks like he'll take anything that's to hand:p
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I imagine the mother has custody as they normally do... Interesting that his ex hasn't turned up in the tabs selling her story... perhaps she is still loyal to him?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    You have answered your own question. He pulls people by acting bewildered. He’s the male equivalent of a woman acting dumb to appear vulnerable and in need of understanding and protection and using the dumb act to get what she wants out of her mark.

This is the right answer to the question.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure to be honest....but lets assume joint custody for argument sake...that means every other weekend he'll have his Son stay with him.

Being male, the vibes I'm getting is that Aaron is not a womaniser in RL and not his main priority unlike Aden, Anton & Jay