Options

Disappointed in Amelia and JonJo

2»

Comments

• Options
    galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    Their interviews since leaving have been really arrogant and bitter.

I hate when people get voted out and then start criticising everyone. Atleast James and 2shoes have left with some dignity.

Fact is they were all royally shafted - they applied for a show and the producers pulled the rug from under their feet by changing the rules to suit themselves. Dignity is one thing when facing eviction by public vote but in this case they were were judged by the very people who gave them their terrible song choices/arrangements - hardly impartial is it? At least with the public they might have had a fighting chance to survive. I think the British greatly overrate 'dignity' as a virtue, in some case it just seems like not having the guts to protest about bad treatment. (I bet they don't pull this stunt in US X Factor :rolleyes:)
  • Options
    blowupblowup Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH I was being flippant and the phrase wasn't intended to be taken too literally :)

Okies! I still think they deliberately gave Amelia that song so they could send her home not matter what.
  • Options
    ogg monsterogg monster Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    blowup wrote: »
    Okies! I still think they deliberately gave Amelia that song so they could send her home not matter what.

We differ on that because I don't think it was a deliberate sabotage.

To be honest I doubt there are very many song choices (despite how wide the theme is) because they always have the same bloody songs every year. It is probably the case that someone would end up doing it.

She may have had last dibs of the girls, and/or it may be that there wasn't very much choice available and there may have been a general view that she could probably pull it off (which was probably mistaken with hindsight).

I didn't read the song spoilers until the last minute so I don't know the answer but I would be interested in whether the general consensus on the spoiler thread before the show was that it was an awful choice designed to oust her, or whether this is a view that has only really come about since she was actually rejected IYSWIM.
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Their interviews since leaving have been really arrogant and bitter.

I hate when people get voted out and then start criticising everyone. Atleast James and 2shoes have left with some dignity.

ah poor amelia is devastated, Glad JonJo is gone I thought he was quite bitter towards Gary on Xtra
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on the digital spy homepage :D

She was just saying how amazing her performance was, how no one could have done the song as well as her, how she has 50 thousand followers on myspace....

Didn't sound very humble.

But Jon sounded pretty vile :mad:

What an evil bitch! She must be a witch. Call the village elders so we can burn it. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,773
    Forum Member
    DamienAB wrote: »
    She would have done a rendition lying on the floor with no shoes on and just a piano for accompaniment. :eek:

...and then be told that she is the best thing to grace the X factor stage ever ever....:yawn:

To be honest I don't blame Amelia for being fed up. Of all the bloody songs she could have been given to showcase that fantastic voice of hers they gave her a terrible arrangement of Billie Jean, a bad makeover and swallowed her up in the production.

The twist was no twist at all because it was blindingly obvious which ones were going.

Have to say that the two shoes girls were lovely, they behaved beautifully and were very gracious in defeat, bless them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We differ on that because I don't think it was a deliberate sabotage.

To be honest I doubt there are very many song choices (despite how wide the theme is) because they always have the same bloody songs every year. It is probably the case that someone would end up doing it.

She may have had last dibs of the girls, and/or it may be that there wasn't very much choice available and there may have been a general view that she could probably pull it off (which was probably mistaken with hindsight).

I didn't read the song spoilers until the last minute so I don't know the answer but I would be interested in whether the general consensus on the spoiler thread before the show was that it was an awful choice designed to oust her, or whether this is a view that has only really come about since she was actually rejected IYSWIM.

Seriously do you believe that a totally gender inappropriate song by MJ was the best they could do for her while the other girls had relatively cool, current songs (none of which had been heard on the show before)? That out of all the songs in the world this was the best they could do for a talented and cool 16 year old girl? That songs on shows like the X Factor are handed out randomly and the last person in the queue ends up with the dud? [/I]
  • Options
    ogg monsterogg monster Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    galena wrote: »
    Seriously do you believe that a totally gender inappropriate song by MJ was the best they could do for her while the other girls had relatively cool, current songs (none of which had been heard on the show before)? That out of all the songs in the world this was the best they could do for a talented and cool 16 year old girl? That songs on shows like the X Factor are handed out randomly and the last person in the queue ends up with the dud? [/I]

I don't think they had a choice out of all the songs in the world, no. I think there is a limited selection of songs. I doubt this was the only option (I never said it was) but there may have been a prevailing view that she could pull it off (she may have agreed with this view herself, if such a view did exist) or that it was more exciting or interesting than other available options.

Edit: I also never claimed they were handed out "randomly".
  • Options
    bridgertonbridgerton Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The twist was, I'm sure, really tough to swallow but mild in comparison to what the music industry in all it's glory will be like. The X Factor inevitably throws up these completely random decisions...weeks where out of the blue two acts are going home or there's a sing off all of a sudden when the audience hadn't expected one, etc. Ultimately, Amelia should really be a little more discreet in what she says publicly despite how she personally feels. It's all about outer perceptions and with her relative inexperience at this stage, she should perhaps be looking to build a good reputation for herself and try to focus on what she can get out of the exposure she's just had. I'm sure it's hard to cope with the disappointment but she needs to look forward rather than knocking her own group.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone had actually watch the Xtra Factor from which the interviews came then they would be seen in a completely different context. JonJo was joking that much was obvious and both of them seemed to be putting on a front to hide their disappointment and sadness. Oh X Factor Forum how I missed the bullshit brigade. :D
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,380
    Forum Member
    I expected them to do well but maybe Amelia going on first is the reason her performance wasn't as good as Kelly wanted it to be.
  • Options
    bridgertonbridgerton Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In terms of the debate regarding song choices, I'm sure I remember it once being explained on Xtra Factor. I think there's a rotation system with a set number of available songs each week. Each judge eventually has a week where they get first pick of songs from the list and so on. So I think there are limited choice of available songs.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was more JonJo who sounded particularly undignified in his interview. I am not saying they shouldn't be honest, but a bit of humility wouldn't go amiss.

I can believe Jon about Kitty though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    I think leaving will do Amelia a favour, as she sounds too immature to deal with the cut and thrust of the music industry. If she works on her voice for another couple of years and grows up a lot more she will be ready for a career in music.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bridgerton wrote: »
    In terms of the debate regarding song choices, I'm sure I remember it once being explained on Xtra Factor. I think there's a rotation system with a set number of available songs each week. Each judge eventually has a week where they get first pick of songs from the list and so on. So I think there are limited choice of available songs.
    Of course there are a limited number of songs, but even out of that number they could have found something better for Amelia. Or at least a song not intended to be sung by a man :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a good interview at all but she's only young. I don't see her as arrogant or overconfident, just think she could have put what she said a little better. That will come with age, maturity and media training.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    She was very nice about Johnny in the interview though