Options

Would James have done better than Frankie?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
Forum Member
I thought he was definitely a more likeable guy than Frankie and he could sing.

Comments

• Options
    Mr BlondeMr Blonde Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, James haven't been big since the 90s...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    James is a far better singer than Frankie, plus he's more attractive and likeable (think Gary/the producers got it extremely wrong voting James out over Frankie)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    I'm starting to think even the dreadful luke lucas would be better than frankie
  • Options
    BrettLanghamBrettLangham Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cat sings better than Frankie
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James was a much better bet than Frankie. Shame Gary couldn't see this and gave James a rubbish song choice. Even James said he would have preferred to sing something modern - James Morrison/Paolo Nutini. Sadly Gary has some weird fixation with Frankie, but if you're talking potential, James had it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie seems to be getting worse with every performance ... James had the potential to get better .. we didn't really get a chance to see what he could do
  • Options
    _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    I thought James was awful week one - maybe he had more potential than Frankie, but he didn't show it then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course.

He's a much better singer.
    He's very likeable.
    He has a pleasant personality.
    He looks like a star.
    He's very, very marketable.
    He's very passionate about his music.

According to this study, between Saturday, October 8 and Sunday, October 9 last week, James Michael’s social media fans grew by almost 52% putting him as the 3rd fastest growing contestant behind Sophie and Craig. James was never given a fair chance. He had so much potential.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, James appeals more to girls my age (17) because he has both looks and voice and this really sweet personality to him (I'm guessing about the personality it just seemed like it :D)
    Frankie however is not a great singer by any means isn't the best looking and is not likeable
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jem411 wrote: »
    Of course.

He's very likeable.
    He looks like a star.

According to this study, between Saturday, October 8 and Sunday, October 9 last week, James Michael’s social media fans grew by almost 52% putting him as the 3rd fastest growing contestant behind Sophie and Craig. James was never given a fair chance. He had so much potential.

This ^ :D

James was far more likable, he could actually sing and he had a lovely tone! Gary is blind by his Frankie love!
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. James can sing. Frankie can't.
  • Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Yeah he would of, absolutely.
  • Options
    The Steel FlippThe Steel Flipp Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James was just more likeable and wholesome than Frankie and had more talent in his hat than Frankie has in his entire family. Gary just doesn't get it does he?
  • Options
    AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    Probably. I thought James sounded horrendous last week though. He was, at least, likeable.
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Nicola37 wrote: »
    James was a much better bet than Frankie. Shame Gary couldn't see this and gave James a rubbish song choice. Even James said he would have preferred to sing something modern - James Morrison/Paolo Nutini. Sadly Gary has some weird fixation with Frankie, but if you're talking potential, James had it.

The song choice would have made no difference. Gary was never going to send Frankie or Craig home, even if James had performed out of his skin.

James was too much of a threat to both those two - especially Frankie - so had to go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jem411 wrote: »
    Of course.

He's very likeable.
    He looks like a star.

Totally agree, I thought last week he was making a mistake, I definitely think that now. He never got a fair crack at the whip given his coverage vs Frankie too prior to the live shows.
    Gary made a huge mistake backing Frankie. Should have gone with the Liverpool lads. He would have had a quite likeable trio.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, had he had the chance to show the public what he can do tonight, I think he would have.

Gary set him up to fail with such a poor, boring song choice last week. James is a gorgeous bloke, with a real passion for music (not just fame) and a humble, attractive personality. And he can play an instrument. What's not to like?

Sadly I think Gary would only save Craig over Frankie. Marcus is disposable too :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    The song choice would have made no difference. Gary was never going to send Frankie or Craig home, even if James had performed out of his skin.

James was too much of a threat to both those two - especially Frankie - so had to go.

Oh I know, I just think giving James a rubbish song choice and restricting his chance to shine, made it easier to convince the public he had made the right decision sending him home. :(
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Nicola37 wrote: »
    Oh I know, I just think giving James a rubbish song choice and restricting his chance to shine, made it easier to convince the public he had made the right decision sending him home. :(

James or Frankie?

You decide...
  • Options
    themnthemn Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Yep, Gary effed that up, big style.
  • Options
    I <3 TweetyI <3 Tweety Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    I loved James' voice, but I don't think enough was shown of him. I doubt he would have made it very far. :( But I would obviously have rather seen him through over Frankie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    James or Frankie?

You decide...

Aww Gary's comments there, clearly rated him and then dumped him in favour of Frankie:(
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I much preferred James to Frankie, so much more likeable and a far better singer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They stitched up James to prevent two consecutive similar winners. :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    James came across as a likeable humble guy, voice like honey, loved music, and very good looking. The sort of guy girls would like to shag, and boys would like to hang out with and have a few pints.

Completely baffled as to why Gary ditched him tbh - had so much potential.