Options

judges houses contestants who returned.....

carryonladcarryonlad Posts: 148
Forum Member
Was just browsing through lists of previous contestants and was surprised how many reached JH stages and were turned away, only to return in later series.

Alexandra Burke -- series 2, returned series 5.
Charlie Finn--series 4; returned series 8 but gained no coverage
Dominic Harris--series 4; returned series 6 but eliminated at last stage of bootcamp
Liam Payne--series 5; returned series 7
Annastasia Baker--series 5; returned series 7 and eliminated again at judges houses
Ethan Boroian--series 6; returned series 7 and apparently didn't get past judges--no coverage
Daniel Fox-- series 6; returned series 7, got eliminated at first stage of bootcamp--no coverage
Despina Pilavakis-- series 6; returned series 8, eliminated at first stage of bootcamp--no coverage
Treyc Cohen--series 6; returned series 7
Marlon Mckenzie--various series, most notably series 7 and 8
John Wilding--series 7, returned series 8
Elesha Moses--series 7, returned series 8, no coverage

My point is--how many others are known to have returned and been turned away again, 'cos as you can see above, many were airbrushed from the latter series in which they appeared. Anyone anything further on this? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    re: the airbrushing, I think there's only a limited amount of 'space' in the cast for returning contestants each year? The 'I got knocked down, but I built myself up again' story is a great one, but when it's applied to half the contestants, it gets a bit repetitive. Plus, they probably want to make the contest feel fresh every year, and formerly-rejected contestants don't help with that.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    carryonlad wrote: »

My point is--how many others are known to have returned and been turned away again, 'cos as you can see above, many were airbrushed from the latter series in which they appeared. Anyone anything further on this? Thanks

loads! the scottish guy from the risk, got to bootcamp before. annastasia auditioned 5 separate years and austin drage got to bootcamp the year before he got to the live shows. i am sure there are many more.
  • Options
    madeinliverpoolmadeinliverpool Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    carryonlad wrote: »
    Was just browsing through lists of previous contestants and was surprised how many reached JH stages and were turned away, only to return in later series.

Alexandra Burke -- series 2, returned series 5.
    Charlie Finn--series 4; returned series 8 but gained no coverage
    Dominic Harris--series 4; returned series 6 but eliminated at last stage of bootcamp
    Liam Payne--series 5; returned series 7
    Annastasia Baker--series 5; returned series 7 and eliminated again at judges houses
    Ethan Boroian--series 6; returned series 7 and apparently didn't get past judges--no coverage
    Daniel Fox-- series 6; returned series 7, got eliminated at first stage of bootcamp--no coverage
    Despina Pilavakis-- series 6; returned series 8, eliminated at first stage of bootcamp--no coverage
    Treyc Cohen--series 6; returned series 7
    Marlon Mckenzie--various series, most notably series 7 and 8
    John Wilding--series 7, returned series 8
    Elesha Moses--series 7, returned series 8, no coverage

Was it nasty that I took such delight in Dermot's faux concern for her after that abrasive little miss got another no from Cheryl? "Oh no not again..." :D

Totally going for the Alexandra story. Used all the same lines as her at her audition.