Options

The Cher Lloyd Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Only if you pre-order from Cher's website:

So they went to all the trouble of recording a studio version just to offer as a pre-order incentive? They better have it on something at some point, because it would be ludicrous to waste that kind of opportunity. The live version apparently sold enough to go to number one. Oh, SYCO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noelser wrote: »

Nice interviews as usual, she is getting better at them. :p

Anyway, WUL is down to #4 on iTunes behind Labrinth. You know what I think the problem is? All this multi-buying bull****. The fans seemed to do it in the first week of SJ's release to get #1 and then in the weeks after that it fell like a stone. It annoys me because it's artificially inflating Cher's sales beyond the song's actual fanbase. She could sell 100k this week for all we know, but I guarantee that much fewer than 100,000 people have bought it, maybe even 50,000 or something. Without multi-buying Cher may be #5 or something this week, but at least it's bloody honest for a change. If this is how Cher's gonna get all her #1s in the future it's a bit embarrassing to say the least...
  • Options
    MartynMac123MartynMac123 Posts: 3,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GUESS WHO IS BAAACK!

And WUL ON X FACTOR WAS AMAZING! Her dancing was AWESOME!!!

And i dont think that many people are multi-buying, cause there are loads of people multi-buying Professor greens, rihannas and labrinths to make sure cher isnt top 3! And she is still no.1 in midweeks.

Stop loosing faith Nelson cause i saw ur post in another thread saying u might not like cher much anymore? :O Or somehting along those lines? :O :O :O
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And nelson, u said she is getting WORSE as time goes on, i think you should leave if u think that haaha xD
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs to get to #1 with "With Ur Love", it's looking good judging by the midweek sales so far :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs to get to #1 with "With Ur Love", it's looking good judging by the midweek sales so far :D

What are the sales?
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't think multi-buying would be that rife, and no more for Cher than anyone else, maybe for SJ in its first week cos the fans really didn't want her to fail with that (tho it's still doing ok now) not so much for WUL.

It's the nature of fan wars in twitter and places like that that encourages that sort of thing as downloading is so easy, and monitoring progress is so easy. The distortion isn't so great tho if others are downloading songs deliberately to stop Cher's getting to 1, as iv'e read a number of times on twitter.

Iv'e said it before, but since downloading and sales counting became the currency, the singles chart has become a farce. The album sales will tell us more as there should be less of that sort of thing going on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The wanted have moved their Album release date to the 4th of november ( stupid release date i feel )

So Chers main competition is Susan Boyle i think! I think Cher has more pre-orders than her and birdy though! So hopefully she will sell more :)!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GUESS WHO IS BAAACK!

And i dont think that many people are multi-buying, cause there are loads of people multi-buying Professor greens, rihannas and labrinths to make sure cher isnt top 3! And she is still no.1 in midweeks.

Stop loosing faith Nelson cause i saw ur post in another thread saying u might not like cher much anymore? :O Or somehting along those lines? :O :O :O

:eek:
    argh noooo;)

Nah Nelson has always been a harsh critic/fan, we can take it in here, so long as he buys the singles and album (physical AND download versions:D) that's fine
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek:
    argh noooo;)

Nah Nelson has always been a harsh critic/fan, we can take it in here, so long as he buys the singles and album (physical and download versions:D) that's fine

Yeah

LISTENED TO THE ITUNES ALBUM PREVIEW....BEUATIFUL PEOPLE AND WANT U BACK AND GROW UP ARE THE STAND OUT TRACKS

LOVE THEM!
  • Options
    rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    The wanted have moved their Album release date to the 4th of november ( stupid release date i feel )!

Running scared.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GUESS WHO IS BAAACK!

And nelson, u said she is getting WORSE as time goes on, i think you should leave if u think that haaha xD

Aah don't worry about me, I tend to keep toing and froing 'cause I'm random like that. :p In all honesty though I think it's biologically impossible for her to have gotten worse (it would have to be something farfetched, maybe to do with her smoking? I dunno :p), plus it's unlikely since she can still hit the high notes in WUL's bridge ("...even in the game" etc.). But yeah, after watching that performance a couple of times more I did start to think it was just nerves and maybe being uncomfortable with the kind of performance she was doing. Just watch her performance of No Diggity/Shout from last year and you can see how great she is when she's confident and in her element. ;) The only issue I have is that she was similar at the Radio 1 Teen Awards (not vocally at her best imo), so could it really become a regular thing for her to not be as good as when she was on X Factor? That wouldn't really make any sense to me. :confused: I wouldn't revert to lurker status yet though, I tend to give things a lot of second chances after all. :p She's got more live performances coming up (like that BRMB one, I think) so I'll see how she does on those before I fully condemn her live voice. :p Seriously though, an appreciation thread can have some honesty as well imo. ;)

I've also pre-ordered the album so I've done a fair bit for Cher's music career. :D I'm just not into multi-buying though, as weird as that may sound in this day and age. :eek::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Besides it'd be much worse if I lied about that kind of thing, much better if I don't mince my opinions. ;) Though I understand that my posts can put a downer on things which no doubt annoys you guys so...I'll see what happens...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Btw Cher's doing a Ustream album preview at 5:00 this evening, here's the link. :)

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cher-lloyd-listening-party
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, Cher's X Factor performance is trending on YouTube, even though it's only on 70,000 or so views so far. :p The like/dislike bar ain't looking good though, and I can understand why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR50IAYEHdU&feature=aso
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this'll sound weird but i think i sorta prefer it when she's being hated on:) i kind of miss the old days when she was always up against it ...it makes the brats fight back

the cause has been watered down a bit since WUL appeared

does that make sense? prob'ly not:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this'll sound weird but i think i sorta prefer it when she's being hated on:) i kind of miss the old days when she was always up against it ...it makes the brats fight back

the cause has been watered down a bit since WUL appeared

does that make sense? prob'ly not:o

I know what you mean, it can be nice to like something a lot of people don't like 'cause then you're more passionate about supporting them. But I do specifically miss the old X Factor days, yes. At least back then she didn't let herself get overcome by nerves and she actually sounded consistently good live...:confused: Though there are a couple of comments on the WUL performance saying she had a throat infection or something? Most likely made up, I think, would've been mentioned before her performance otherwise, surely. :confused:

Don't worry though, she still gets plenty of hate, as the comments on that video so easily demonstrate. :p In fact there are a surprising amount of comments that agree with my opinion that she's usually so much better/was better, which in a weird way is a relief, I thought I was going crazy for a minute. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah it wasn't a great vocal performance on XF, i dunno why, but she can do much better.

I don't think going back on XF is such a great move tbh. Neither Matt or Cher have benefited much from it, a slight brief sales boost but that's all, it just refreshes people's hate who hated them on the show it seems to me.

It's strange also cos her live performances of SJ beat the recorded version hands down, but it's the other way round with WUL...well,so far:)

let's just put it down to nerves and move swiftly on;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah it wasn't a great vocal performance on XF, i dunno why, but she can do much better.

I don't think going back on XF is such a great move tbh. Neither Matt or Cher have benefited much from it, a slight brief sales boost but that's all, it just refreshes people's hate who hated them on the show it seems to me.

It's strange also cos her live performances of SJ beat the recorded version hands down, but it's the other way round with WUL...well,so far:)

let's just put it down to nerves and move swiftly on;)

Agreed, I mean, as long as she saw the problems with her performance then she could improve for the future, but in my experience she doesn't really improve each time. I may just have to accept that she's always gonna be like that, at least if I expect no improvement whatsoever I won't be as disappointed as I was on Sunday, where halfway through her performance I could already feel myself going red in the face.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After Sunday, this video is so good for some mental cleansing. :D This is how With Ur Love should be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiHEqegyMO0&ob=av2e
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since we haven't done this for Part 4 yet, here's the posting leaderboard so far:

Mozitski 37
    Nelsonator15 30
    my name is joe 28
    rombod 16
    Razzmataz 15
    crazybutterflyx 6
    Willz 6
    MartynMac123 5
    staceyxxx23 4
    Joegrizzle 4
    Laura_x 3
    4troy7 3
    donbon 2
    JustArun 2
    toastedtoad 2
    cm1992 2
    Ella07 1
    noelser 1
    twingle 1
    AliBaba2010 1
    Gilash 1
    DS Forum Support 1

Curses Moz is winning. :p

ETA: I passed my 1000th post without noticing. Damnit, I could've done something awesome with it. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys! Found this out thanks to a retweet by Savan Kotecha: Trevor Nelson had Cher on Radio 1Xtra today and they played Dub On The Track! I couldn't tell whether it was the full version 'cause I only heard two verses other than Cher's but I really liked the sound of it actually! Naturally since it's a rap song I'd need multiple listens to get all the lyrics down, but good nonetheless. Plus there's a bit more singing than I expected which is nice. :D Oh, and the interview was nice too. :p It starts at about 2:22:00. :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b016g4g2#synopsis

"I got a few screws loose but I'm running smoothly" ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like she could get no.1 album next week as she is the highest pre-ordered on itunes by quite a big bit!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And i missed the day when we turned into this part :O

NOOOO :(:(:(

CRYSSS :L
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    So I just read Cher is down by 4,000 copies comparto Prof. Green
This discussion has been closed.