Options

There's never been a better contestant than Leona on ANY of these shows, worldwide

Comments

• Options
    P BarnardP Barnard Posts: 2,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly Clarkson has done very well, Breakaway has sold 12 million as has been mentioned, more than Spirit. And don't say 'Spirit has had less time to sell' because in 4 years I highly doubt it will sell enough to dispatch Breakaway.

Granted Jordin Sparks hasn't set anything alight but your post said Leona was the first and only reality winner to have an international album launch which was wrong so I put it right...

I think you will find that Avril Lavigne has sold more records than any other reality tv winner!
  • Options
    -Malibu--Malibu- Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    ajt83 wrote: »
    its your opinion & you are entitled to it. infact im sure many would agree that she is the most talented contestant across any of these shows (personally i think that honor goes to Carrie Underwood) however she is NOT the most successful FACT! nor will she be. why are you trying to argue this? your just makin yourself look like a right muppet. Carrie Underwood & Kelly Clarkson are far more successful & are just as strong now as they were years ago! both will continue to be around for a long long time.

how did Leona's latest single collide do again? food for thought

Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson are from a country that has 4 times the UK population, they are not 4 times more successful however are they? Not to mention the fact they have several years of more activity and exposure to millions of Americans every week on TV.

Leona is a much more successful artist. She will outsell them both in the coming years and will still be regarded by the majority (thank you democracy) as the world's best talent show contestant ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perdita_x wrote: »
    It's blatantly false to state the following, as you have done during the course of this thread:

Leona has outsold the full list of people written by another FM combined.
    Leona has outsold both Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.
    Leona has outsold both Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood when figures for their first 2 albums only are considered.

Every single one of the above claims that you have made are demonstrably untrue.

...oh and just because you haven't heard something be said, doesn't mean it hasn't been...although I've a horrible feeling you're now going to claim to have heard everything in the world ever said about both Kelly and Carrie...

These claims aren't demonstrably untrue at all, as I have said numerous times Kelly and Carrie have had several years head start in releasing music, when Leona is around for 10 years she will have outsold both of them, worldwide.

And my opinion is Leona is the best contestant across any of these shows, an opinion I will defend.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Malibu- wrote: »
    I'm not talking about Breakaway, I am talking about Kelly's first album? Come on how well did it do? Tell me? Go on? I am curious, tell me?

I thought you wanted to talk about the first 2 albums combined??? 'Thankful', Kelly's first album sold 4.5 million copies worldwide....add that to the 12 million of 'Breakaway' and you have 16 and a half million album sales across the first two albums.

Now before you say 'yeah, well Leona sold more on her debut, so I'm right', it's actually much more telling to look at the sales of a second album as it's more indicative of career and longevity potential. Leona's career has suffered with poor sales of her second album, and with her third album delayed, her career seems to be on a downward trajectory. Not a reflection of Leona's talent...more a reflection of Cowell not having a sodding clue how to make the most of her talent!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona is a much more successful artist. She will outsell them both in the coming years and will still be regarded by the majority (thank you democracy) as the world's best talent show contestant ever.

I don't mind some of Leona's songs, she can sing but she's not to my taste and personally I prefer and rate a number of other contestatns off the various talent shows (male and female)

and your claims are made on what might happen, not what has happened
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought you wanted to talk about the first 2 albums combined??? 'Thankful', Kelly's first album sold 4.5 million copies worldwide....add that to the 12 million of 'Breakaway' and you have 16 and a half million album sales across the first two albums.

Now before you say 'yeah, well Leona sold more on her debut, so I'm right', it's actually much more telling to look at the sales of a second album as it's more indicative of career and longevity potential. Leona's career has suffered with poor sales of her second album, and with her third album delayed, her career seems to be on a downward trajectory. Not a reflection of Leona's talent...more a reflection of Cowell not having a sodding clue how to make the most of her talent!!!

At least we agree on something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These claims aren't demonstrably untrue at all, as I have said numerous times Kelly and Carrie have had several years head start in releasing music, when Leona is around for 10 years she will have outsold both of them, worldwide.

And my opinion is Leona is the best contestant across any of these shows, an opinion I will defend.

Defend it to the death, as is your right, but don't defend it using incorrect information because you will get called out on it!! Your logic in assuming that Leona's first two albums will ultimately outsell Carrie and Kelly's is fatally flawed in that you are assuming that sales will not slow down!!

You are hoping that Leona will almost DOUBLE the sales of her first two albums in 5 years. So she needs to sell the same number over again almost. The facts are that when it comes to record sales, you are never going to match in the second 5 years the sales of the first.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thankful sold over 4.5 million worldwide.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you denying the figures of 7 years since the release of an album, compared to 4 isn't the same.
    It doesn't matter, Spirit isn't going to sell nearly double what it has already when it comes up to 7 years since release anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, beaten to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thankful sold over 4.5 million worldwide.

Thank you, half of 'Spirit'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, half of 'Spirit'.

No, because spirit didn't sell 9 million!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And regardless, Breakaway sold what, six times the amount Echo sold? What does that say?
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread has just become ridiculous, I am a realist and do not like posts that think a particular someone is the best thing since sliced bread, people are going to like their own favourite artists, we really do not need fans (or trolls) to come and post inaccuracies (and there are many) and cause all sorts of problems, it is fine to have a coherent discussion but the very nature of the OP question is likely to cause ructions, we have seen the same sort of threads for Alex in the last week, and I try not to get involved in these things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, because spirit didn't sell 9 million!!!

Yes it did. If you are using 'wiki' as your source, check out the last count was in March 2010, she has sold over 1.3 million more copies since then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    I can safely say that Spirit hasn't sold nine million copies and I'm a fan of Leona. It's sold just over seven million.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And regardless, Breakaway sold what, six times the amount Echo sold? What does that say?

I don't know what does it say? I thought success didn't equate with talent?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what does it say? I thought success didn't equate with talent?

Yup, which is why you've been rambling on for an hour, trying to come up with outlandish figures to prove Leona's commercial success.
  • Options
    Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    Absolute rubbish, and her career is more stellar than any of them combined, plain and simple.
    The OP was fanciful enough, but since then you've dug such a deep hole for yourself I'm tempted to ask what's going on in Neighbours.
    oh vienna wrote: »
    That's your opinion.

Considering how many people DO like Leona's version, I think it was a fair statement for me to male.
    Whose were you expecting?

Her fans would've happily parted with their cash if she'd released The Grand Old Duke of York, at the time. That doesn't alter the fact that it's an inferior cover and an opportunistic cash-in of Westlife proportions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    op go to google type in carrie underwood, the first link should be wikipedia, click on it, read through it and come back on here and apologies for being a numpty

to say leona is more successful than carrie is ridiculous.
  • Options
    unklesamunklesam Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Carrie Underwood all the way. I love her latest song with Brad Paisley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qzhngp7jh8&ob=av2e Its such a shame she's not promoted in the UK, Brad Paisley had 4 sell out shows in the UK and Ireland this summer, Carrie Underwood would easily sell out the O2
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    unklesam wrote: »
    Yes Carrie Underwood all the way. I love her latest song with Brad Paisley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qzhngp7jh8&ob=av2e

yep great song. she looks so hot in that video!
  • Options
    unklesamunklesam Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yep great song. she looks so hot in that video!

She does, Its amazing what make up can do, she was a bit rough in Soul Surfer
  • Options
    Forum Member
    unklesam wrote: »
    Yes Carrie Underwood all the way. I love her latest song with Brad Paisley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qzhngp7jh8&ob=av2e Its such a shame she's not promoted in the UK, Brad Paisley had 4 sell out shows in the UK and Ireland this summer, Carrie Underwood would easily sell out the O2

HAHAHAHAHAA! Oh honey I'm telling you, you should do stand-up, that's good.:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    op go to google type in carrie underwood, the first link should be wikipedia, click on it, read through it and come back on here and apologies for being a numpty

to say leona is more successful than carrie is ridiculous.

I've read through Carrie's profile before, she is not more successful than Leona.