Options

Does the pro dancer affect which celeb you support?

danishdancerdanishdancer Posts: 269
Forum Member
It used to for me, but over the past few series I stopped thinking in that way. This year I get really frustrated by Alex being overmarked, and love Harry whilst being constantly annoyed by Aliona. I've always liked Brendan but I would never vote for BLulu.

I used to get really protective of the celeb with my favourite pros, despite level of skill. Now I just want to see good dancing.

Comments

• Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Not as far as I'm aware.

For example, I'm not keen on Brendan but Kelly was probably my favourite celeb ever.
  • Options
    VirgilHiltsVirgilHilts Posts: 2,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only in the sense that I never support Anton's partner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Arcana wrote: »
    Not as far as I'm aware.

For example, I'm not keen on Brendan but Kelly was probably my favourite celeb ever.

Kelly was fab, it was such a shame when she withdrew.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    It does a bit, probably because it's the pro's choreography that showcases the celebrity, so if you get a pro whose style you don't enjoy, it can take away from a celebrity you like.

For example, I'm not keen on either Aliona or Artem's style, which is bugging me slightly 'cause I quite like both Harry and Holly, but never *really* enjoy their dances. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Only in the sense that I never support Anton's partner.

Haha, I agree with you but that's mostly because they're generally a bit crap. In fact less of the "a bit", more like utterly. I like Anton but not his latin.
  • Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member
    I'm only interested in good dancing so not affected by the pro dancer
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    not massively but I have never yet supported a partner of James Jordan and never will

I think the pro is important - it's the partnership that does it for me
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Not really. But I'm not fond of Aliona generally. And Artem is doing some weird choreography this year. Nor do I much like Anton.

So maybe....I AM a bit influenced!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not hugely these days since there's no Karen or Nicole or Matt ....

Although it certainly helps. I had a right dilema last year when Matt Baker was with Aliona. I don't like her choreography/teaching style but I loved Matt. First time it had ever happened really.

x x x x x
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't say it affects anything, but I was impressed with Kristina's performance.

With whom was she dancing tonight?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes it does, this year I was supporting Chelsee because of Pasha but then over the weeks I really found that I would have supported her anyway but if the celeb is good enough I dont really take into account the pro
  • Options
    katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chemistry between the couple has got to be there for me to support them, so in a way it does.
  • Options
    Clarkie66Clarkie66 Posts: 5,960
    Forum Member
    It does a little. When Brian was on the show I wanted him to go through whoever he was dancing with and I mainly watched him anyway!

On the negative side, I really don't like James so I'd be unlikely to vote for him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
    Forum Member
    Honestly yes,I will usually throw a few votes Brendans way but I never voted for Fiona and can only muster a grudging vote for Lulu. I really like Harry but will not vote for him because of Aliona but other than that will vote for the dance I like best on the night.
  • Options
    bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always supported Ian & partner but these days none of the pros apart from Flavia do much for me.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't bring myself to vote for Felicity last year inspite of being a big fan of Vincent, so I voted for Kara as she was the best last year. I like Brendan too, but wouldn't ever vote for Lulu.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    allisonbm2 wrote: »
    Honestly yes,I will usually throw a few votes Brendans way but I never voted for Fiona and can only muster a grudging vote for Lulu. I really like Harry but will not vote for him because of Aliona but other than that will vote for the dance I like best on the night.

Unless I have a clear fave (Chelseeeeeeeeeeee and Lovely Pasha this year), that's what I do. But I wouldn't not vote for a celeb I loved if I hated their pro. That said, I haven't been in that situation yet. I love many of the pros - won't make me vote for Russell, BLulu or the Donovator tho!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. I have my fave pro but if I don't rate his celeb then I don't for them. It normally does mean that I start voting much later in the season than normal...
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usually, yes, I'll always support whoever's dancing with Flavia, Ola and James unless it would be kinder for them to be knocked out early, like Ola last year. BUT I'll also support those I think are the best, like Kara & Artem and Matt & Aliona last year, Alesha & Matt in series 5, etc.

This year I find myself not really caring about any of the couples as I don't think the dancing standard is what it used to be....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,113
    Forum Member
    I always pray my favourite celeb doesn't get paired with James, Anton or Kristina - I can't take to them. On the other hand, I usually end up liking celebs even if I didn't want to if paired with a dancer I like.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, I've never been bothered by whose dancing with who, my favourite depends on a variety of factors including whether they can dance, whether they look like they're enjoying themselves and how well they manage to learn the routines they're given.
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    katkim wrote: »
    Chemistry between the couple has got to be there for me to support them, so in a way it does.

I always choose who I'm going to support from the first show, depending on who I think has got "potential" and who might win.

chemistry definitely important too.
  • Options
    bobblabobbla Posts: 11,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes and no.

I support and vote for whoever moves me the most. I would never support/not support a celeb just because i liked or disliked their pro.

Saying that i tend to find that the dances which move me are not based on dance ability alone (although it plays a huge part). Its a combination of dance ability, how good the routine is, song choice, personality, celeb/pro partnership and probably loads of other unquantifiable things.

So i might find that Jason for example has great dance ability, fabulous choreography with good song choices, a great partnership with Kristina but a personality that i just can't relate to so even though i adore Kristina and i'm thrilled thats shes finally got a worthy partner i can't imagine ever voting for them.

With Harry, he has all of the above apart from great routines that move me so technically i suppose his pro partner does have a massive influence over my not supporting/voting for him.

At the moment my vote is going to Chelsee and Pasha, who so far have managed to tick all the boxes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 379
    Forum Member
    sometimes. for example, i supported chris hollins, but i dont know how much i would have liked him if he had had a different partner- i love ola.

there are certainly no professionals who make me dislike any celebs, though
  • Options
    missymorganmissymorgan Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly was fab, it was such a shame when she withdrew.

Absolutely agree, always had a soft spot for Brendan but just cannot support Lulu, he just doesn't look as comfortable as previous years.