Options

Florence and the Machine absolutely outstanding!!

XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Definitely the best guest so far, her album so deserves to be where it is now in the charts, #1 amazing!

Comments

• Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely the best guest so far, her album so deserves to be where it is now in the charts, #1 amazing!

i take your young then... to me she was worse than Frankie..
  • Options
    KipperRSAKipperRSA Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Way overrated imo
  • Options
    crazyguyz999crazyguyz999 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where was the machine?
  • Options
    Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The machine is just a concept.

Stupid, I know.
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I've seen her sing better live but she was still outstanding. Go Florence!
  • Options
    lkherelkhere Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

mmmmh band who has risen over the years to be very successful who can actual sing in tune against a boy who thinks he's gods gift and barely can hit a note?!! being young has nothing to do with it as I'm later 30's and seen this band rise since 2008 they are worthy

even if you don't like the band there really is no comparisson as she can sing he can't
  • Options
    ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    I thought the first half of it was absolutely terrible, the vocals were odd and it sounded pitchy - not that I'm all that familiar with the song but it didn't 'sound right'. She picked it up towards the end and has a unique voice with full throated vibrato.

The whole presentation was weird, even unsettling, like a scene from a horror movie. I expected barbed wire to emerge from her and impale the judges like a scene from Silent Hill. Altogether totally creepy. Brrrrrrrrrrr.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Liking Florence does not equate to being young. If anything she has a very mature fan base.. most of her tour gigs were 18+ only and sold out.. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart1000 wrote: »
    The machine is just a concept.

Stupid, I know.

The machine is the bands name.
  • Options
    Mr_X_123Mr_X_123 Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ribtickle wrote: »
    I thought the first half of it was absolutely terrible, the vocals were odd and it sounded pitchy - not that I'm all that familiar with the song but it didn't 'sound right'. She picked it up towards the end and has a unique voice with full throated vibrato.

The whole presentation was weird, even unsettling, like a scene from a horror movie. I expected barbed wire to emerge from her and impale the judges like a scene from Silent Hill. Altogether totally creepy.

Ermm yeah you clearly haven't seen Florence much have you?

If you think that was creepy then you haven't seen much of her! That is the general idea!

And the first half of the song was brilliant!
  • Options
    mirrorimagemirrorimage Posts: 4,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great first album, not bought the follow up yet. Might get it this week. She's great, if a touch on the "shouty" side.
  • Options
    RocknRollaRocknRolla Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Didn't enjoy the performance at all
  • Options
    NansbreadNansbread Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was the same shouty banshee singing that somehow sells records. Are people deaf?? She is a crap singer.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,549
    Forum Member
    Heard of her but never seen her 'perform' before - really wobbly vocals. Obviously there is no comparison with someone who has made it on her own and the 'acts' that they have on X Factor, but we slate them when they can't sing in tune and she didn't!
    Screechy, scratchy and very off key - I had to FF it in the end
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    She has a problem sounding her r's which does my head in on songs !
  • Options
    MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't enjoy it at all. The staging was really weird and like Misha B she has no subtlety to her voice and shouts her way through most songs. Not nice to listen to.
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it and she had already sold 90,000+ of her second album this week before that performance and with very little in the way of promotion except for I think Jools Holland.
  • Options
    Contains NutsContains Nuts Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Proof that the majority of music these days is garbage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Proof that the majority of music these days is garbage.

Proof that you're nuts
  • Options
    Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KillerJoe wrote: »
    The machine is the bands name.

No, it isn't. Florence + the Machine is the name under which Florence performs. Hence the reason she won the BRIT Award for Best British Female Solo Artist and the NME Award for Best Solo Artist.
  • Options
    Mr_X_123Mr_X_123 Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart1000 wrote: »
    No, it isn't. Florence + the Machine is the name under which Florence performs. Hence the reason she won the BRIT Award for Best British Female Solo Artist and the NME Award for Best Solo Artist.

In a sense. But the machine is her band. There is a whole history to the name that I can't be bothered going through now....
  • Options
    Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was amazing... simple.

Better than JLS, not exactly saying much.
  • Options
    The Steel FlippThe Steel Flipp Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that Florence's performance was outstanding, her styling was much to be desired though. I think the stylists had raided the wardrobe of Hilary Devey.
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is she thinking with that make-up? she looked dead!..but the singing and song were good
  • Options
    bratwurztbratwurzt Posts: 2,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she really in her 20s? My granny looks younger than her and my grandad more feminine.