Options

Grand Theft Auto V ANNOUNCED

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
    Forum Member
    Bring back the Taxi side missions.

The taxi side missions were in GTAIV, for part of the game at least (Call Roman up and ask for a job).

I'd like the Ambulance and fire truck missions back, I don't know why they were removed.
  • Options
    Launch FanLaunch Fan Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    martine93 wrote: »

Well worth posting, but there are so many grammatical mistakes in that post, I find it hard to believe he's a journalist at a magazine.

However, four times bigger than GTA IV would be trousers down by the ankles time ;)
  • Options
    mad_dudemad_dude Posts: 10,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing to me that hints there is going to be more than one City is Mount Chilliad. Mount Chilliad is not going to be in the centre of los santos. but at one of the sides of the city. However what is on the other side of Mount Chilliad? They are going to need to be a space at least the size of Los Santos again at the other side of mount chilliad otherwise it is going to look decidedly odd and incomplete having a mountain where on three sides of it is water.
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Liberty City Size: 6.5 Square Miles
    L.A.Noire Size: 8 Square Miles
    San Andreas Whole Size: 13.9 Square Miles
    Red Dead Redemption Size: 28 Square Miles

The biggest Rural Map created to date by Rockstar games is Red Dead Redemption, the biggest City created by Rockstar (and Team Bondi) is from L.A.Noire.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »

The biggest Rural Map created to date by Rockstar games is Red Dead Redemption, the biggest City created by Rockstar (and Team Bondi) is from L.A.Noire.

You could easily get three Liberty City size maps in Red dead redemptions map space with a little bit left over for countryside. People are forgetting quite a bit of GTA4's map was underground .
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    Loving the DS feature on the 'Best GTA missions ever'

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a349051/grand-theft-auto-most-memorable-missions.html

What's clear to me from the missions listed is that the 'best' missions aren't always the most graphically amazing or the most difficult, they are usually good due to plot. For example 'Sayonara Salvatore' in GTA3 isn't hard, and assassinating someone from a rooftop hardly unique in the game, but it was good because I was so engrossed in the plot at that point.

'Copland' on Vice City was just epic, loved the cheeky dress as Cops and cause chaos theme and the mad scramble to get back to the house with a 5* wanted level.

'Three Leaf Clover' is probably the best graphics seen in the series to date, and I loved the long (and at times hard) mission.

I disagree with the article about 'St Mark's Bistro' though, I thought it was a let-down after the initial excitement of returning to Liberty City, and I recall the flight took a while to get over there?
  • Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Launch Fan wrote: »
    Well worth posting, but there are so many grammatical mistakes in that post, I find it hard to believe he's a journalist at a magazine.

However, four times bigger than GTA IV would be trousers down by the ankles time ;)

Well I confirm its false none of the media have received such video.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Map size is so irrelavent technically. Do people awe at it from a technical point of view or a gameplay one?
  • Options
    mirrorimagemirrorimage Posts: 4,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Map size is so irrelavent technically. Do people awe at it from a technical point of view or a gameplay one?

I don't awe at the size of the map, but when there is so much expanse to explore, the game doesn't feel quite so contrived or claustrophobic, which I felt with GTA4. I loved the countryside of San Andreas, and spent too much time (wasting) looking for that bloody Yeti. :D The sense of freedom was so much greater. Break out of the city and off into the desert, the woods or Mount Chiliad.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Expanse means planes and they = fun
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    I don't awe at the size of the map, but when there is so much expanse to explore, the game doesn't feel quite so contrived or claustrophobic, which I felt with GTA4. I loved the countryside of San Andreas, and spent too much time (wasting) looking for that bloody Yeti. :D The sense of freedom was so much greater. Break out of the city and off into the desert, the woods or Mount Chiliad.

Personally I found the area's between Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas a chore, and hated having to drive all that way to get to the other city (yes I know you could fly or take the train) everyone likes different things about games I suppose.

I do agree that GTA4 felt claustrophobic though, too many streets/areas looked the same, and it was hard to distinguish the 'poor' and the 'posh' areas in some parts of the city. I never got the urge to do a random drive to one of the other islands just for fun, like I did on the GTA3 map.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I found the area's between Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas a chore, and hated having to drive all that way to get to the other city (yes I know you could fly or take the train) everyone likes different things about games I suppose.

Then I pity you, driving from one area to another listening to the radio was delightful.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I want to see more buildings that are accessible just for the hell of it. Not bothered about city size, would just like more interactivity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what happened to eye of saurons agent
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Heavy Rain mechanics of interaction should be used
  • Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    mad_dude wrote: »
    I wonder what happened to eye of saurons agent

Do you mean agent the game ? It briefly got mention at e3 Its unlikely to be exclusive judging by jack Tretton's comment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmuk wrote: »
    Then I pity you, driving from one area to another listening to the radio was delightful.

I really enjoyed driving on the open road listening to Country music....:o
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sports bike, at night, Young Turks/Eminence Front on the radio.

That is SA for me.
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »

The thing with RDR was that about 80% of it was all terrain with several small towns dotted around from time to time. I don't even know how the game was crammed onto a 8.5gb disc They were able to have a large map because there was very little else in content.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am wetting my pants over it, its going to be torture waiting 6 months for this.

Hope the countryside is even more huge i loved chilling threw there its awesome.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    I found RDR boring as hell. I loved SA but for me Vice City was the best. I remember playing it online (on PC) all summer, is was the best online experience I've had to date. All 4 people getting into 1 car and driving around finding lone players to mess with, so much fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    The thing with RDR was that about 80% of it was all terrain with several small towns dotted around from time to time. I don't even know how the game was crammed onto a 8.5gb disc They were able to have a large map because there was very little else in content.

Terrain usually takes up more memory than town space. because most town space is hollow buildings with collision detection on the exterior of the building only.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mad_dude wrote: »
    Terrain usually takes up more memory than town space. because most town space is hollow buildings with collision detection on the exterior of the building only.

I thought it would of been the other way around but you could be right.
  • Options
    General ZodGeneral Zod Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »

I think thats what people love about RDR and San Andreas though. All that wide open space gave you a sense of freedom that was lacking in GTAIV, where I always felt hemmed in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think thats what people love about RDR and San Andreas though. All that wide open space gave you a sense of freedom that was lacking in GTAIV, where I always felt hemmed in.

I felt that GTA4 was hemmed in but also that RDR had too much open space, hopefully GTAV will be a good balance of claustrophobic cities and wide open countryside.
This discussion has been closed.