Options

The John and Edward Appreciation Thread (Part 17)

1152153154155156158»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the mods just replied that they would take care of it as soon as possible.
  • Options
    ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    the mods just replied that they would take care of it as soon as possible.

Sorry i am not so long time on DS (only since a few weeks) but why is it neccesary to get a new part of this tread?Why can it not last forever?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »
    Sorry i am not so long time on DS (only since a few weeks) but why is it neccesary to get a new part of this tread?Why can it not last forever?

It could simply be for convenience or a way of competing with other threads... I actually don't know. Everyone cheers when a new thread is started.

threads are not, in actuality, a true indicator of popularity... for example, 1D does not have many threads, but they are hugely popular with the public.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    Does he have much influence in who gets chosen?

This is all very new to me, in the past Eurovision has always just been a bit of Saturday night fun...This is the first time I have ever actually taken any notice of the selection process :o

No, he's strictly a fan Rosemary, but he does have a large number of contacts in the Irish Eurovision world and is very good for gossip and info about the Irish selection process.

The Eurovision fans take the contest very seriously though : they travel in their thousands to it every year from all around Europe :)
  • Options
    MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    It could simply be for convenience or a way of competing with other threads... I actually don't know. Everyone cheers when a new thread is started.

threads are not, in actuality, a true indicator of popularity... for example, 1D does not have many threads, but they are hugely popular with the public.

I don't know either....even though I've been a regular since part 1 :eek: #toomuchtimeonhands

It's always just been nice when you get a new part!! It's tradition. It's a sort of recognition that the thread's still popular after all this time. I think the mods' reasoning for it is that it makes it easier to search if they separate the thread into parts instead of just having one huge one?

Of course, threads like these are no indication of popularity in RL - the type of fans that 1D have don't post on sites like this, in terms of age, etc.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    Well....my memory may not be so good, but that's not what he was saying earlier in the year.

Anyway, the 2011 contest is over, what anyone thought is irrelevant now. Bring on 2012!!

If I remember correctly, Keith was one of the twins' biggest defenders and said from the outset he had no problem whatsoever in them representing Ireland.
  • Options
    MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, Keith was one of the twins' biggest defenders and said from the outset he had no problem whatsoever in them representing Ireland.

I thought that as well, ES. I wonder does he think doing it again isn't such a good idea, and if not, why not?
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 71,047
    Administrator
    This thread is continued here: The John and Edward Appreciation Thread (Part 18)
This discussion has been closed.