Options

*Spoiler thread with planning - Week 8 *

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yera wrote: »
    I have had a Eureka moment! Footygirl, Alisonrose *stargazer* would you consider a closed spoiler group on facebook - you would be in control of who could join- you are familiar with most of the regulars on here anyway and if you had someone who caused offence they could be removed- and being a closed group the general public would not see the spoiler accidentally etc- just a thought- please consider this idea

Excellent idea and please count me in if it is started. I did wonder at one point if some FMs might use the PM system to pass on the news thus taking it out of the public domain. We could then have our Non-spoiler chat thread - **Not a spoiler Week 9 - with good company, food and drink.** That way everyone could be happy - well except those who can always find something to moan about:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never used the spoiler thread really until last year or maybe Aleshas year .I got too over anxious waiting all day and so could then watch the result show without clenching my jaw !!
    So thank you all our spoiler people and I hope a tiny minority dont let this thread get runied
    Come on everyone , forget it all and get back to doing what we do best, peeping in for a spoiler and some munchies

I have Aldi German Stolle on offer today .I cant resist its 3 zillion calories at this time of year when I see it .
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tangoqueen wrote: »
    Would just like to add my thoughts to those of many of you above - won't be saying anything very much different to many of you.

Firstly I would like to thank AlisonRose, Toyboysmum and Footygirl and everyone else who has provided/helped with the spoilers on a Saturday evening.

This thread has always been VERY clearly marked as a spoiler thread - and it is a given that if you don't want to know the result, then don't look in here!

If you normally look at spoilers, but were pissed off at the fact that the spoiler was posted here before it was announced at Wembley - WELL that comes with the territory I'm afraid!

I don't think you can want spoilers then start dictating WHEN it's going to come! Sorry and all that but.......you know!

From the dancers' point of view - if there is any lag in those moments between it being announced early on here, and being announced at the venue (unusual in Wembley's case I know) they are plodding about on a podium at that time with all the others and are very unlikely to be aware of this!

It's technically "against the rules" anyway to let out the spoilers, if you are going to be pickily correct - but in my case, I am DELIGHTED that we get spoilers! and am truly grateful for them!

If you are that bothered about it, then when you are at a venue, don't look on DS and any spoiler thread until the result has been announced at the venue and THEN come and look.

I think it's really a great shame to have spoiled this lovely thread with this.

Huge thank yous to AlisonRose and everyone else - we have been truly grateful over the years for your help with this - but would hate you to be in any trouble, so look after yourselves first and know that the majority of people on here are really really grateful to you.

would anyone join me in an online toast to everyone who provided spoilers?

Cheers! and very sincere thanks!

:cool: Thank you and very well said.

My sincere thanks also to Alisonrose, footygirl, Toyboysmum and everyone who has ever provided a spoiler for the show.

One has to question why people who were at the show felt the need to look at the spoiler thread before the results were announced? :rolleyes:

The rest of us at home have no idea of timings so how do we know when things happen except in extraordinary situations such as last night. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pippa 2 wrote: »
    I'm the "other" poster people on here are talking about and had decided to let the matter rest, until now. It seems if your opinion differs from theirs then they all gang up and act like bullies. Disgraceful way to behave. I hope the mods close this thread and I will not be posting again on here.

If people can't wait 24 hours for a result then that is their problem. Just leave them to to their childish banter.:)

This is a SPOILER thread - the clue is in the name. The mods are very happy for people to post spoilers. Heck, they have even provided a mechanism so people can do it. If you don't like spoilers then there are plenty of other threads you can post in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have Aldi German Stolle on offer today .I cant resist its 3 zillion calories at this time of year when I see it .

Excellent. I will put the kettle on! Or do we fancy something a bit stronger?
  • Options
    SueDokuSueDoku Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm the "other" poster people on here are talking about and had decided to let the matter rest, until now. It seems if your opinion differs from theirs then they all gang up and act like bullies. Disgraceful way to behave. I hope the mods close this thread and I will not be posting again on here.

If people can't wait 24 hours for a result then that is their problem. Just leave them to to their childish banter.:)

Pippa, if a group of people asking you to leave them alone to their fun is 'bullying', then you have a very thin skin. If you don't want to know the result then that is your perogative, but those of us who do don't deserve the bile that you are heaping on us.

Why should we lose our lovely chat on a Saturday just so that you can feel superior? Please don't come back, your spite is not wanted here. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

After all the previous postings, I am ready for sommething stronger :) Some Pastis will do nicely mopped up with meatloaf - the food not the singer:D
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you need to be a little bit careful with what you are saying. Referring to people as bullies is a very serious accusation and this was nothing like bullying. I am sure there are people on here who have been bullied and could probably tell you what it feels like.

I also resent you saying that our banter is childish.

My advice to you is to keep off the thread because you are actually making things much worse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 193
    Forum Member

Oh yes, gin and tonic for me please !! I am SO glad we're back to what one or two others call our 'childish banter' !! Are there any pineapple and cheese sticks ready yet ??
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think we could do with some Gluhwein with it to lighten the mood .!
  • Options
    leftfeet2leftfeet2 Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am trying to understand if you both had decided to let the matter rest why you came back onto this thread to read more posts that you are not going to agree with just to upset yourselves again

At best you leave yourself wide open to some uncharitable conspiracy therorists who might say you are stiring it up again

I prefer to believe that perhaps you didnt realise what this spoiler is about when you fiirst registered and maybe your first writen thoughts esculated before you had time to draw breath

Perhaps the polite thing to say is DS has something for everyone and maybe the spoiler isnt for you guys so perhaps if you find a thread that makes you happy -everyone will be happy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Relax folks.
    Next week we get a whole new spoiler thread (I hope!). There's no need to let differences of opinion (which we're all entitled to - the opinions that is.....) escalate to a level that could get the whole thing modded to death.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    I think you need to be a little bit careful with what you are saying. Referring to people as bullies is a very serious accusation and this was nothing like bullying. I am sure there are people on here who have been bullied and could probably tell you what it feels like.

I also resent you saying that our banter is childish.

My advice to you is to keep off the thread because you are actually making things much worse.

I agree hansue. What I saw last night was people asking certain posters who were spoiling for trouble to give it a rest to ensure that we did not risk losing future spoilers. People were desperate just to discuss the spoiler and have a nice time. Emma and Pippa on the other hand seemed desperate to make sure that did not happen. I just hope it does not happen again.
  • Options
    SueDokuSueDoku Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes, gin and tonic for me please !! I am SO glad we're back to what one or two others call our 'childish banter' !! Are there any pineapple and cheese sticks ready yet ??

Oh PLEASE can I have a large G&T..? I've just driven up the M40 - to be greeted by all this when I sat down for a quick recap on last night, so I feel in need of a restorative...!;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have the tin foil hedgehog here! :D I am going for the 70's revival look!
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,628
    Forum Member
    Exactly! I can't quite believe the fuss being made on both sides tbh. To wait 30 minutes until the result is within the public domain or even to have to wait until the next day,is it really that important in the big picture of things:confused::confused:????? The 'upset' 'damage' and 'devastation' that is being expressed seems rather disproportionate to the actual 'crime'. It's hardly plague, famine and pestilence and compared to some things going on in the people's lives or in the world it seems rather insensitive and an OTT reaction. Perspective people!

Yes it was nice to have the spoiler on here but there is no reason why the camaraderie that exists on this thread cannot continue each week and even if AR no longer feels able to post I'm sure there are other means of finding out who went. The finding out is half the fun of the spoiler thread and I'm sure that will continue even if FMs have to be more ingenious in doing so!
    well said.
  • Options
    toyboysmumtoyboysmum Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for all the thanks on here! I don't ever post the spoiler on here, so yesterday it was a huge 'honour' to do so on behalf of AR, little did I realise the impact it would have :eek:

I would like to be considered for the Facebook group too, what a marvellous eureka moment you had there :D

I also second, third, fourth a toast to alisonrose - cheers chick *passes over a bottle of champagne*. I sent her a text to pass on thanks and gratitude to her and to ask if she would reconsider but her decision was made. So fingers crossed FG comes up with someone - no pressure there then FG :D

Take care everyone and see you later on in the week, when I start the new thread (will prepare myself for a flaming - no pun intended) for an early start :D:p:D

ps what do the initials FM mean?!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SueDoku wrote: »
    Oh PLEASE can I have a large G&T..? I've just driven up the M40 - to be greeted by all this when I sat down for a quick recap on last night, so I feel in need of a restorative...!;)

Got a bit foggy in places didn't it today? We were having the same "fun".
  • Options
    AmyokllewAmyokllew Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    SueDoku wrote: »

Me too what can we look forward to on the results show tonight??? Guest wise. And is it true the couples will tackle two dances next week?
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Hubby just offered me a glass of wine but is it too early ???? lol
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that a very small minority of posters have decided that they are going to make up their own rules about spoilers and then make us all play by them.

I'm not clear in what universe saying I don't agree with rules that someone else has made up and is trying to impose on me is 'bullying'.

If you only want to read a particular kind of spoiler, the answer is easy - you just start a thread with the appropriate title, like 'Spoiler thread for people that only want spoilers that are being posted after the announcement of the results has been filmed' or similar.

I sincerely hope that now you've found out spoilers you don't like are being posted on this spoiler thread you'll stay away from it in future, just like people who don't want spoilers at all stay away from it.

That way nobody will need to feel upset - including the people who have been supplying spoilers with no problem at all, and those who enjoy reading them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Pippa 2 - childish - end of! :yawn:

Regular checker of spoiler - long may it continue.
    Strikes me that if the BEEB were really that bothered about us finding out they would do something about it! Perhaps they're quite happy to let the info "slip" out each week. When it generates such feeling - it keeps the pages going during the lull between shows. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toyboysmum wrote: »
    Thank you for all the thanks on here! I don't ever post the spoiler on here, so yesterday it was a huge 'honour' to do so on behalf of AR, little did I realise the impact it would have :eek:

I would like to be considered for the Facebook group too, what a marvellous eureka moment you had there :D

I also second, third, fourth a toast to alisonrose - cheers chick *passes over a bottle of champagne*. I sent her a text to pass on thanks and gratitude to her and to ask if she would reconsider but her decision was made. So fingers crossed FG comes up with someone - no pressure there then FG :D

Take care everyone and see you later on in the week, when I start the new thread (will prepare myself for a flaming - no pun intended) for an early start :D:p:D

FM = Forum Member. Yes, I spoke to Alisonrose by PM earlier and sadly her mind is made up. So let's all give footygirl's valiant efforts out full support.
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    and the result is that it is very unlikely we will get any spoilers from alisonrose

Yes, because as she herself said, she didn't want to risk someone's livelihood. That tells me the leak is unauthorised and someone gave the game away too soon last night, so we couldn't continue under the assumption that the spoiler derived from an audience member.

Easy to make some poster's here scapegoats, but they didn't out the leaker, he or she did that all by themselves.
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,628
    Forum Member
    toyboysmum wrote: »

I'd guess Forum Member...
    Crikey - and you know I felt so bad about not thanking you when you posted the result, I had to come back and say it!!!

By the way ... any champers spare for me as all I have his cherry coke in the fridge #notthesamething
This discussion has been closed.