Options

Jason Donovan on ITT

Comments

• Options
    shuddupfluffyshuddupfluffy Posts: 3,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    federerfan wrote: »
    I've tried and tried and tried but I just can't see when Jason has come across as desperate to win - I think I have seen all of his appearances on ITT and Strictly itself (:o) and just see someone who is putting in a lot of effort. At least he is not using that ghastly fist pump (as far as I know) that is creeping into SCD.

And as for being earnest - true it might not make great tv if the celebs were all like that but they are not :). And besides, if that was everyone's worse trait then the world would be a much better place.

He did - he introduced it the first week! We had a major focus on it in the non-app thread.

Blame him for it - it was all his fault:mad:
  • Options
    federerfanfedererfan Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    My bad - I didn't notice that but I'll let him off considering it was the first week :p. Its bad enough that the fist pump appears after every point in tennis :)
  • Options
    Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Taz93 wrote: »
    No doubt he will be performing last on Saturday.;):rolleyes:

Has anyone thought to check back on the previous week's leaderboard to see if that affects the running order?

OR do you think the viewers' votes could have been staring us in the face all this time? :D :eek:
  • Options
    ladydancer1ladydancer1 Posts: 1,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair play to Jason for taking it seriously and giving so much of himself. Much better than making a joke of it all. He dances and performs well, I hope he lasts until the end.
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    His dancing is generally OK to quite good. It is dull though. The way he speaks is very, very irritating.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't seen very much of ITT this series, but did catch Jason & Kristina last night. Tbh I thought he came across as being a nice guy with a pretty "real" view of things. I agree he's not exactly mr charisma but i think he's taking it seriously, trying hard and achieving good dances... so that would make him a worthy winner for me
  • Options
    CobblersCobblers Posts: 5,503
    Forum Member
    I really like Jason, yes he is tryng really really hard which I can see may come across as a little desperate but I admire his work ethic and I'll be voting for him to win.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cobblers wrote: »
    I really like Jason, yes he is tryng really really hard which I can see may come across as a little desperate but I admire his work ethic and I'll be voting for him to win.
    And, from the celebs' point of view, isn't trying to win the whole point of the show anyway?
  • Options
    Charmaine CamerCharmaine Camer Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    I like Jason and hope he wins :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wasn't as bad as usual on this ITT but still not a fan.
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason is starting to remind me of those intellectuals who, when you try and have a fun adn free flowing conversation with them, it's harder to achieve, because they can't help but over-theorise and over-analyise even the most simplest of talking points.

Jason is a nice man but, to be honest, that opinion comes more from his earlier days in his career because I don't really remember him having this manner of communication before?! The ironic thing is he says he 's trying to have fun but sometimes I think he's wound up abit tight. But in a weird way I find this oddity in him quite indearing, and i think even;y more oddly he and Kristina are starting to match well together (while still being complete opposites).
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    All the celebrities have annoying traits - Jason's bother me less and less. I guess I'm gradually getting used to the way he is and the way he expresses himself.

I like him, I like Kristina and I like the majority of their performances :)

If I sense they're in trouble, I'm going to vote for them.

Me too:)
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Before the show started I thought he would be my favourite....

but week by week, he has eroded my support till now there is not much left.

He was good at the start (too good for this show) and hasnt really improved... He has been on a static development curve and almost its now going down rather than up.

There have been no real wow dances from him that make me sit up and take notice.

And he is soooooooooooooo desperate to win and soooooooooooo boring as soon as he opens his mouth on ITT or the main show VTs (or with Tess - in fact he makes Tess look like brain of Britain!), that he is just so boring now.... (yawn)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    Before the show started I thought he would be my favourite....

but week by week, he has eroded my support till now there is not much left.

He was good at the start (too good for this show) and hasnt really improved... He has been on a static development curve and almost its now going down rather than up.

There have been no real wow dances from him that make me sit up and take notice.

And he is soooooooooooooo desperate to win and soooooooooooo boring as soon as he opens his mouth on ITT or the main show VTs (or with Tess - in fact he makes Tess look like brain of Britain!), that he is just so boring now.... (yawn)

good post and I think what is missing is the joy of dancing. Dance is undoubtedly hard work and requires a lot of physical effort. However the best dancers are those who dont show that effort and who lift the spirit with their delight in doing something they enjoy so much. Jason has never lifted my spirits in this way and it seems to me that he is committed to doing this job well but that is not what I want from watching this show let alone from the winner of this show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shefair wrote: »
    good post and I think what is missing is the joy of dancing. Dance is undoubtedly hard work and requires a lot of physical effort. However the best dancers are those who dont show that effort and who lift the spirit with their delight in doing something they enjoy so much. Jason has never lifted my spirits in this way and it seems to me that he is committed to doing this job well but that is not what I want from watching this show let alone from the winner of this show

I can see what you mean and I think if we only had the main show with no ITT, he (and others) wouldn't come across in the way they do as we would only have the performance to go on.

Good or bad thing?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    Bonnie96 wrote: »
    I can see what you mean and I think if we only had the main show with no ITT, he (and others) wouldn't come across in the way they do as we would only have the performance to go on.

Good or bad thing?

I dont think ITT is the problem , the VT and training clips let alone the lack of joy from any performance is really what makes me not want him to win.

I do however want him to stay longer as I am really enjoying Kristina having a good partner and seeing what she can choreopgraph with him
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I should like him on Strictly, I was a big fan back in the day, saw him in concert in 1989! And I really liked him in the jungle...but I just cannot warm to him in Strictly. I know he tries really hard but his gurning face during fast routines puts me off and he bores me on ITT.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »
    his gurning face during fast routines puts me off
    You mean like THIS?
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lynxmale wrote: »
    You mean like THIS?

That is exactly it!! :o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bonnie96 wrote: »
    Has anyone thought to check back on the previous week's leaderboard to see if that affects the running order?

OR do you think the viewers' votes could have been staring us in the face all this time? :D :eek:

The running order is based on the routines pure and simple. They start with a relatively strong one and try to end with a memorable one, which is why Russell got most of the last slots (same with Ann last year). The producers obviously thought that Jason & Kristina's jive was going to be something special, hence they put them on at the end last week.

I don't get this 'Jason is desperate and wants to win' thing at all. He comes across as a bit serious but I actually think he's the most realistic of the celebs so far in accepting it's all down to the public and who knows what might happen! Still I guess people see what they want to see.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    happy tv wrote: »
    Jason Donovan was on ITT. He comes across as such a nice man and he usually dances so well. He also takes criticism well so I don't mind if either he or Chelsee win

I agree with you about Jason, I would love for Jason and Kristina to win Strictly Come Dancing this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's always had that very earnest personality. Everything he does looks laboured and it's just (for me) off putting.

And shave your chest for godsake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    He's always had that very earnest personality. Everything he does looks laboured and it's just (for me) off putting.

And shave your chest for godsake.
    Oh no!
    I grew up in a family where the males have hairy chests and I think the shaved look is unnatural for those of 'a certain age'.
    It's always been a sign of maturity for me.
  • Options
    pabirdpabird Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If then celebs moved in dance after the series some would make natural competitive dancers whilst others would be better suited to qualification and then teaching

For instance Chelsee and Holly plus Harry could go on to competitive work whilst Jason is better suited to the routine and the obsessive detail of teaching
    That is not a negative appraisal but Jason is simply not a composed competitive character with essential charisma but is a grafter better suited to detail
    Harry? Wonderful top and great feet allow speed and intricacies in movement
    Chelsee simply a natural who becomes part of the music
    Holly behind Chelsee and Harry in progress but once that top half falls into place will always appear sheer class when thrown into the crowded competition floor
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KipsKaz wrote: »
    The running order is based on the routines pure and simple. They start with a relatively strong one and try to end with a memorable one, which is why Russell got most of the last slots (same with Ann last year). The producers obviously thought that Jason & Kristina's jive was going to be something special, hence they put them on at the end last week.

I don't get this 'Jason is desperate and wants to win' thing at all. He comes across as a bit serious but I actually think he's the most realistic of the celebs so far in accepting it's all down to the public and who knows what might happen! Still I guess people see what they want to see.

I agree. He comes across as realistic and very hard-working to me. I really like him and his partnership with Kristina.