host: Gareth Jones at Elland Road* and Valley Parade
    Leeds United verses Millwall
    reporter:Dave Callahan
    Bradford City verses Wimbledon
    commentator: Derm Tanner
    summariser: Wayne Jacobs
    Halifax Town verses Altrincham
    reporter: Dave Fletcher
    *A special edition of WEst Yorkshire Sport was broadcast from 11:05 until after 12:30, covering the tributes to Gary Speed.

Yorkshire Radio (DAB), Minster FM and official Leeds United website
    Leeds United verses Millwall
    host: Michael Weadock
    commentator: Tom Kirwin
    summariser: Eddy Gray
    reporter: Jonny Buchan

The Pulse
    Bradford City verses Wimbledon
    host and commentator: Tim Thornton
    summariser: Ian Ormondroyd

BBC Radio York
    host: Sharon Shortle
    York City verses Kettering Town(FM and online)
    commentator: Barry Parker
    summariser: Chris Jones
    Solihull Moors verses Harrogate Town (AM)
    coverage: Rob Wilson*
    *due to a bad line, there was commentary when the line was good, and reports interupting the York City commentary on AM every ten minutes when the line was bad.

BBC Radio Humberside
    host: Matt Dean
    Hull City verses Leicester City (FM)
    commentators: David Burns and Matt Dean
    summariser: Peter Swan
    Salisbury City verses Grimsby Town (AM, DAB and online)
    commentator: John Tondeur
    summariser: Glenn Cockerill
  • Options
    Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me wrote: »
    BBC Radio Wales

Bangor City V Llanelli (FAW Welsh Cup 3rd round) - Jeremy Davies
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swansea Sound

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City - Antony O'Connell (commentary)

So Swansea Sound, like talkSPORT, didn't have a reporter at Wales v Australia in the rugby either?

Pretty poor in my opinion that a) Talking Rugby evidently didn't have anyone covering it and b) UTV Radio didn't send a reporter of their own like Roger Hughes to the Millennium Stadium to cover the game for both stations. After their extensive Rugby World Cup coverage you expect better.

Apologies to JPM1980 for duplicating most of the talkSPORT information he posted - I had typed 90% of that message prior to kick-off in said rugby international and only came back to complete and post the message at half-time!
    BBC WM

WM Sport with Paul Franks from Loftus Road and Daz Hale from Villa Park

Premier League
    Queens Park Rangers v West Bromwich Albion - Mark Regan and Paul Franks (3pm commentary)
    Aston Villa v Manchester United - Rob Gurney and Daz Hale (5.30pm commentary)

FA Cup Second Round
    Stourbridge v Stevenage - Richard Wilford, with Richie Anderson with the Glassboys fans at the War Memorial Athletic Ground
    Dagenham & Redbridge v Walsall - Mike Taylor
    Gateshead v Tamworth - Andrew Dawkins

It's actually "Rob and Dan" rather than "Rob and Daz" at Villa Park - Rob Gurney and Dan Wheeler will commentate on Aston Villa v Manchester United for BBC WM, although I'm not sure which of them will be the lead commentator and which will present and co-commentate. Dan's just done the team news so I imagine he'll lead the commentary.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    JPM1980 wrote: »
    Saturday 3rd December 2011 Talksport Match Day Live

Adrian Durham & Ray Parlour in the Studio

Aston Villa v Man Utd Nigel Pearson & Stan Collymore (Commentary Game)
    Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City Ian Abrahams
    Man City v Norwich City Dom McGuiness
    Newcastle v Chelsea Graham Courtney
    QPR v WBA Tony Incenzo
    Tottenham v Bolton Andrew McKenna
    Wigan v Arsenal Simon Humphreys

Brighton v Nottingham Forrest Ian Danter
    Doncaster v Southampton Graham Lloyd
    Leeds United v Millwall John Temple
    Peterborough v Barnsley Kevin Lawrence
    West Ham United v Burnley Elliot Cook

Rugby Union

Leicester Tigers v Northampton Lawrence Mora

IRN

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City Tom Parker
    Man City v Norwich City Darren Stannage
    Newcastle v Chelsea Alistair Ross
    QPR v WBA Nigel Bigmead
    Tottenham v Bolton Andrew Cheal
    Wigan v Arsenal Stuart Arrowsmith

No problem The Difference. Clive Edwards is at Villa Park for IRN
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the Aston Villa v Manchester United game on ESPN this evening and with about ten minutes to go (I *think* it was the 82nd minute if anyone who recorded the match cares enough to want to watch it back), they cut to a shot of Tom Ross, Stan Collymore and Nigel Pearson in the press box commentating for BRMB and talkSPORT respectively. Over on BBC WM, to confirm it was Dan Wheeler (commentating) and Rob Gurney (co-commentating and presenting) at Villa Park.
  • Options
    Andy RimmerAndy Rimmer Posts: 2,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturday 3rd December 2011

BBC Manchester - 95.1FM
    Manchester City v Norwich: Ian Cheeseman & Nigel Gleghorn (Commentary)
    Wigan v Arsenal: Paul Rowley (Updates)
    Southend v Oldham: ? (Updates)

BBC Manchester - DAB Digital
    Tottenham v Bolton: Jack Dearden & Alan Gowling (Commentary)

Tower FM
    Tottenham v Bolton: Mark Wilson & Gary Henshaw (Commentary)

Wish FM
    Wigan v Arsenal: Paul Chailton & Neill Rimmer (Commentary)

BBC Lancashire - 95.5FM & 1557AM
    West Ham v Burnley: Phil Cunliffe & Chris Boden (Commentary)

BBC Lancashire - 103.9FM & DAB Digital
    Blackburn v Swansea: Andy Bayes & Kevin Gallacher (Commentary)

BBC Lancashire - 104.5FM & 855AM
    Blackpool v Leicester: Ian Chisnall & Paul Simpson (Commentary)

*Scott Read hosted BBC Lancashire's coverage live from Ewood Park.

BBC Merseyside were left without a commentary today with Everton playing Sunday, Liverpool Monday and Tranmere being out of the FA Cup. I assume Neil Turner updated on Southport v Alfreton but I didn't hear.

BBC Stoke likewise were without a commentary today with Stoke playing Sunday and both Crewe and Port Vale having exited the FA Cup early.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunday 4th December - talkSPORT

Alan Brazil presenting Sunday Exclusive alongside Alvin Martin, Ray Houghton and John Cross from the Daily Mirror, followed by Call Matterface

Premier League
    Everton v Stoke City - Graham Beecroft
    Wolverhampton Wanderers v Sunderland - Geoff Peters

Championship
    Cardiff City v Birmingham City - Roger Hughes

Rugby Union: Premiership
    Saracens v London Irish - Russell Hargreaves

BBC WM

WM Sport with Daz Hale from the Cardiff City Stadium and Mark Regan from Molineux

Premier League
    Wolverhampton Wanderers v Sunderland - Richard Wilford and Mark Regan (4pm commentary)

Championship
    Cardiff City v Birmingham City - Mike Taylor and Daz Hale (12.30pm commentary)

BRMB and Beacon Radio (Black Country and Shropshire)

Tom Ross presenting The Goalzone from the Cardiff City Stadium

Premier League
    Wolverhampton Wanderers v Sunderland - Steve Hermon and Robbie Dennison (4pm Beacon commentary)

Championship
    Cardiff City v Birmingham City - Tom Ross and Tommy Mooney (12.30pm BRMB commentary)
  • Options
    4-4-24-4-2 Posts: 5,413
    Forum Member
    Saturday 3rd December 2011

BBC Lancashire - 104.5FM & 855AM
    Blackpool v Leicester: Ian Chisnall & Paul Simpson (Commentary)

Leicester were definitely not at Blackpool yesterday ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me wrote: »
    Swansea Sound

Blackburn Rovers V Jackland - Antony O'Connell (commentary)
    So Swansea Sound, like talkSPORT, didn't have a reporter at Wales v Australia in the rugby either?

You'll get a big shrug of the shoulders from me, as I was listening to Radio Cymru for most of the day, and only realised I should've checked Swansea Sound to see who was at Ewood Park yesterday for the Jacks I totally forgot to see if Gaelon Downes was there. There's no reason for them not to have done though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cardiff City V Birmingham City (Coca Cola Championship) (120GMT KO)

BBC Radio Wales - Rob Phillips (studio host) with Osian Roberts as special guest. Mark Poyser and Ian Walsh commentated (All frequencies).

BBC Radio Cymru - Owain Llyr and Osian Roberts (updates during 2pm news bulletin)
    BBC Five Live - Andy Gillies
    BBC Five Live Sports Xtra - Alistair Durden (of Radio Bristol) and Leroy Rosenior

BBC Bristol / Somerset

AFC Totton V Bristol Rovers (FA Cup 2nd round) - Richard Hoskin (studio host) Ed Hadwin and Keith Brookman (via terrible ISDN line) (94.9FM / 95.5FM / 104.6FM / DAB / Online)
  • Options
    4-4-24-4-2 Posts: 5,413
    Forum Member
    Talking Rugby had reporters at Leicester v Northampton and Northern Hemisphere v Southern Hemisphere at Twickenham on Saturday and then Saracens v London Irish today. There was no offer of Wales coverage.
  • Options
    LanarkianLanarkian Posts: 7,569
    Forum Member
    4-4-2 wrote: »
    Talking Rugby had reporters at Leicester v Northampton and Northern Hemisphere v Southern Hemisphere at Twickenham on Saturday and then Saracens v London Irish today. There was no offer of Wales coverage.
    Is there no sign of Hamish Stuart covering Wales these days?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll get a big shrug of the shoulders from me, as I was listening to Radio Cymru for most of the day, and only realised I should've checked Swansea Sound to see who was at Ewood Park yesterday for the Jacks I totally forgot to see if Gaelon Downes was there. There's no reason for them not to have done though.
    4-4-2 wrote: »

Thanks to you both for the information. Had Gaelon Downes been at the Millennium Stadium for Swansea Sound, then I'm not sure why he didn't "double up" and cover the game for talkSPORT as well, given that this kind of thing is not uncommon.

When you consider that talkSPORT wants to be taken seriously as a rugby union broadcaster and their extensive Rugby World Cup coverage and Full Contact does deserve a lot of respect, they really ought to have reporters covering all of the internationals involving the home nations that are staged in the British Isles.

Ian Fergus - I remember you expressing your surprise in the Rugby World Cup radio coverage thread about Roger Hughes being talkSPORT's man in the Wales camp in New Zealand rather than Hamish Stuart. I guess talkSPORT opted for Hughes as he is one of their regular freelancers rather than someone who only contributes to the station via Talking Rugby. Although TR didn't cover yesterday's match, there is no reason I know of why Hamish wouldn't be back covering Wales home games for them when the Six Nations rolls around and Roger is busy covering football for talkSPORT.

Paul Breen-Turner and Chris Williams commentated on Real Sociedad v Malaga in La Liga for Talk Radio Europe this afternoon, although I don't know who made up the rest of their studio team as TRE's webstream was disabled during the second half (presumably because it was a 3pm kick-off and they normally take the BBC World Service's Sunday Sportsworld between 4-6pm) and sister station Global Radio wasn't carrying the game as they usually would for reasons unbeknownst to me.

Must say Richard Wilford's commentary on Wolves v Sunderland for BBC WM this afternoon was an excellent listen - I've not heard him get that excited about a game in a long while. I heard he did well when "flying solo" on Sporting Braga v Birmingham City commentary on Thursday evening too.
  • Options
    bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil Wye's Twitter has confirmed that Alan Green is at Stoke on Sunday and then at Chelsea next Monday. One of the few games he has done outside of the North West this season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturday 3rd December - Newstalk 106-108FM

Dave McIntyre presented Newstalk Sport Saturday alongside Joe Molloy, joined by Graham Taylor and Stewart Robson after 5pm

Premier League (all as IRN)
    Newcastle United v Chelsea - Alistair Ross
    Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City - Tom Parker
    Manchester City v Norwich City - Darren Stannage
    Tottenham Hotspur v Bolton Wanderers - Andrew Cheal
    Queens Park Rangers v West Bromwich Albion - Nigel Bidmead
    Wigan Athletic v Arsenal - Stuart Arrowsmith

Like sister station Today FM, they didn't carry reports on the late game between Aston Villa and Manchester United.

Sunday 4th December - Newstalk 106-108FM

Joe Molloy presented Newstalk Sport Sunday

Premier League
    Everton v Stoke City - Ken Early and Kevin Kilbane (3pm commentary)
    Wolverhampton Wanderers v Sunderland - ? (second half commentary)

Golf: Hong Kong Open
    Hong Kong Golf Club - Nick Dye

Second half commentary from Molineux was advertised by Newstalk but only the first four hours of Newstalk Sports Sunday are archived on Newstalk's Listen Back player, so I wasn't able to dip into their 5-6pm output from yesterday. From what I've heard of what is archived on their website, they didn't take first half updates or even trail their commentary team ahead of the game. I'd be interested to know what they did after 5pm, whether they produced their own commentary or took one from one of the BBC or local commercial stations covering the game, a TV world feed as they have in the past or Premier League Radio (if that service is still around).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monday 5th December - talkSPORT

Mark Saggers presenting Kick-Off alongside Stan Collymore

Premier League
    Fulham v Liverpool - Ian Abrahams

BBC London

David Croft presenting Your Shout alongside Kevin Hand followed by The Non-League Show with Caroline Barker

Premier League
    Fulham v Liverpool - Jamie Hill
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TD1 Radio: 8-10pm Tonight

Richard Minnikin presented with IRN Updates from Fulham v Liverpool from Andrew Cheal
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monday 5th December - talkSPORT

Mark Saggers presenting Kick-Off alongside Stan Collymore

Premier League
    Fulham v Liverpool - Ian Abrahams

BBC London

David Croft presenting Your Shout alongside Kevin Hand followed by The Non-League Show with Caroline Barker

Premier League
    Fulham v Liverpool - Jamie Hill

5Live

Mark Chapman hosting from Craven Cottage

Fulham v Liverpool - Ian Dennis, John Motson & Steve Claridge

Motson, Claridge & Ian McGarry joined Mark for a shortened Monday Night Club
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cardiff City V Birmingham City (Coca Cola Championship) (120GMT KO)

BBC Five Live Sports Xtra - Alistair Durden (of Radio Bristol) and Leroy Rosenior

According to 5 Live football producer Phil Wye on Twitter, it was Radio Bristol alumni Alistair Bruce-Ball commentating with Leroy Rosenior at the Cardiff City Stadium on Sunday. However clearly you listened and I didn't, and the game has not been archived on the 5LSE website, so you may well be right.

This week's BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra commentary details courtesy of Twitter.

Tuesday 6th December

Championship
    Barnsley v Crystal Palace - Ross Fletcher and Craig Hignett (7.45pm commentary)

Wednesday 7th December

Championship
    Hull City v Birmingham City - Ian Brown and Billy Davies (7.45pm commentary)

It remains to be seen but I guess in both cases it'll be the commentators anchoring the coverage themselves rather than a studio host, as has usually been the case this season. The days of the likes of Howard Bentham (BBC Hereford & Worcester's breakfast show presenter) and Bob Ballard (who had a newsreading shift on talkSPORT at the weekend) presenting live games on 5LSE regularly seems a long time ago now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tuesday 6th December - talkSPORT

Mark Saggers presenting Kick-Off: Champions League Live

UEFA Champions League Group Stage
    Chelsea v Valencia - Ian Abrahams
    Olympiakos v Arsenal - Sam Matterface and Stan Collymore (commentary)
  • Options
    rufusericrufuseric Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturday 3rd December - Newstalk 106-108FM

Dave McIntyre presented Newstalk Sport Saturday alongside Joe Molloy, joined by Graham Taylor and Stewart Robson after 5pm

Premier League (all as IRN)
    Newcastle United v Chelsea - Alistair Ross
    Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City - Tom Parker
    Manchester City v Norwich City - Darren Stannage
    Tottenham Hotspur v Bolton Wanderers - Andrew Cheal
    Queens Park Rangers v West Bromwich Albion - Nigel Bidmead
    Wigan Athletic v Arsenal - Stuart Arrowsmith

Like sister station Today FM, they didn't carry reports on the late game between Aston Villa and Manchester United.

Sunday 4th December - Newstalk 106-108FM

Joe Molloy presented Newstalk Sport Sunday

Premier League
    Everton v Stoke City - Ken Early and Kevin Kilbane (3pm commentary)
    Wolverhampton Wanderers v Sunderland - ? (second half commentary)

Golf: Hong Kong Open
    Hong Kong Golf Club - Nick Dye

Second half commentary from Molineux was advertised by Newstalk but only the first four hours of Newstalk Sports Sunday are archived on Newstalk's Listen Back player, so I wasn't able to dip into their 5-6pm output from yesterday. From what I've heard of what is archived on their website, they didn't take first half updates or even trail their commentary team ahead of the game. I'd be interested to know what they did after 5pm, whether they produced their own commentary or took one from one of the BBC or local commercial stations covering the game, a TV world feed as they have in the past or Premier League Radio (if that service is still around).

It was David McIntyre & Alan Matthews on the second game. Matthews is the manager of Shelbourne and an regular on Setanta's League of Ireland coverage.
  • Options
    shaun_dshaun_d Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to 5 Live football producer Phil Wye on Twitter, it was Radio Bristol alumni Alistair Bruce-Ball commentating with Leroy Rosenior at the Cardiff City Stadium on Sunday. However clearly you listened and I didn't, and the game has not been archived on the 5LSE website, so you may well be right.

It was Alastair Durden at Cardiff.

Alastair Bruce-Ball was at Wolves vs Sunderland with Michael Gray and David Oates.

Must have been a late switch as Phil Wye had tweeted that Ian Brown would be with David Oates at Wolves,

Tonight

Chelsea v Valencia Simon Brotherton, Graham Taylor & Mike Ingham
    Olympiakos v Arsenal Alistair Bruce-Ball
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC Radio Wales

Rob Phillips (studio host)

Wrexham V Southport - Dylan Griffiths and Dixie McNeill (North FM / Online)
    Alfreton Town V Newport County - Mark Poyser and Jason Perry (SE FM / Online)

BBC Bristol / Somerset

Kidderminster Harriers V Bath City - Andrew Kerslake and Quentin Edwards (Online)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tuesday 6th December - BBC London

Phil Parry presenting Tuesday Sport from Oakwell

UEFA Champions League Group Stage
    Chelsea v Valencia - Jamie Hill
    Olympiakos v Arsenal - Alistair Bruce-Ball (updates taken from 5 Live)

Championship
    Barnsley v Crystal Palace - Phil Parry and Matt Jackson (94.9FM and BBC Sport website commentary)

Johnstone's Paint Trophy Southern Area Semi-Final First Leg
    Barnet v Brentford - Nick Godwin and Bradley Allen (DAB commentary), with Billy Reeves and Karl Bates reporting

Thanks for the Newstalk information Rufus Eric and thanks for the 5LSE details Shaun. :)
  • Options
    SteveBentleySteveBentley Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Radio Leeds

Gareth Jones presenting West Yorkshire Sport from Boundary Park

Johnson's Paint Trophy
    Oldham Athletic vs Bradford City (all frequencies)
    Commentator: Derm Tanner
    Summariser: Wayne Jacobs

Following the minute's applause for Gary Speed, Derm announced that they were having power issues and warned the studio that the commentary could fall off air at any moment. In fact it was about 25 minutes later when the battery in the COOBE gave up. Impressively Derm and Gaz got the battery changed and dialled into the studio in the time it took to play a jingle and the BBC Trust consultation trail.