Options

Programmes That Haven't Been Released Onto DVD Yet But Should Thread.....

Comments

• Options
    Shinny04Shinny04 Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laura Ben and Him, which was shown on ITV 2.
  • Options
    CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ministry of Mayhem, anyone...?
  • Options
    DiegoJusticiaDiegoJusticia Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rated_2000 wrote: »
    "heartbreak high" and sky one's "dream team" , "mile high" and "is harry on the boat"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mile-High-Complete-Box-Set/dp/B001F2K5B6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324505328&sr=8-1

Been available for ageeeeeesss! :rolleyes: ;):D
  • Options
    RichN95RichN95 Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two that I remember being good:

The Cops - this won a Bafta for best drama series in 1999 and 2000

This is David Lander - a spoof hard-hitting investigative journalism show starring Stephen Fry (probably not as funny as I remember)

I would also add a 'Best of' The 11 O'Clock Show - which launched Sasha Baron Cohan, Ricky Gervais and others.

And from the US - Bakersfield PD (again, maybe not as funny as I remember it)

A box set of the 7-Up series would be fascinating, too.
  • Options
    Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Machine Gunners

Its well overdue a DVD release, was never released on Video either, and has only ever been repeated once as far as i know since its original broadcast in the early 80s
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 50,437
    Forum Member
    Is Roger, Roger out yet?

I'd also like the original series of The Invaders released, problem with that is that they cancelled it without it reaching its conclusion!
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hill Street Blues Season 3 onwards. Same as with NYPD, the first two seasons didn't sell well. So they gave up. But I live in hope.

Does make you wonder why quality drama like NYPD and HSB doesn't sell well on dvd when you look at some of the crap shows that DO get released.
  • Options
    njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardwicke House. Pulled after two episodes in 1987 following tabloid outrage, and still in detention nearly 25 years later. How bad can it be?

[I did actually see those two episodes, but I can't really remember much about them!]
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rated_2000 wrote: »
    "heartbreak high" and sky one's "dream team" , "mile high" and "is harry on the boat"

also a uk release of baywatch would be nice

How long have you been asleep Rip-Van Winkle?!?!?! :D Is Harry on the Boat has been released and deleted. You can find it on EBay but you’ll pay for it. And Network have released Baywatch. I loathe the show so I have no idea how far they got with it but it exists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RichN95 wrote: »

Amazing! Don’t people check Amazon? 7-49UP has been released twice now by Network and prior to that was available in the States for a long time before Network’s first release of it.

FYI 56UP due in May on telly. Promises to be the TV event of the year, easily.
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0196239/

Which while old was very successful when last repeated in the 1990's
  • Options
    rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    How long have you been asleep Rip-Van Winkle?!?!?! :D Is Harry on the Boat has been released and deleted. You can find it on EBay but you’ll pay for it. And Network have released Baywatch. I loathe the show so I have no idea how far they got with it but it exists.

only the film version was released

not the tv series
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 50,437
    Forum Member
    Amazing! Don’t people check Amazon? 7-49UP has been released twice now by Network and prior to that was available in the States for a long time before Network’s first release of it.

Really?! WOW! :eek: I thought they'd never release it, I'l be having a look as soon as I can, thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    The Changes - Children's BBC series from the 70's

Dream Team - Will never be released sadly

The Double Deckers
  • Options
    ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Crapston Villas will ever be released.

In the U.S. Troma released a "best-of" with the first 5 episodes but that's it.
  • Options
    ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given it's popularity, it's surprising Eurotrash hasn't had a proper release.

There's a few anarchic channel 4 shows from the 90s that could be released.

The Word
    The Girly Show
    Crapston Villas
    Eurotrash
    Bad Ass TV

And probably more I can't remember right now.
  • Options
    porkpieporkpie Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo1962 wrote: »
    33 or so years and counting for Targets...Beebs ultra-violent answer to The Sweeny.
    Target falls into the same category as a lot of archive tv series.
    There can be various problems .
    These days the right for actors to block releases is almost non existent thanks to new deals , but writers can still cause problems and a major source of trouble can be music rights if the series has any pop tracks .

But for Target I believe there is an issue with the writer/s.
    It didn't even get shown by UK Gold.
    Its sole repeat was on the BSB Galaxy Channel but once BSB was merged with Sky the special deal that gave BSB unlimited access to BBC material became null and void.
    Styker wrote: »

I wish the BBC would release series 5 onwards of Grange Hill too. There was some silly complaints about series 1-4 picture quality wasn't that good when they where released but they where fine on the whole. The odd scratch but hey that happens in cinema a lot with prints less than a few weeks old!
    The complaints with the GH picture quality was nothing to do with scratches.
    The problem was that the series was made on tape and the BBC tried to change it to make it look like it was all shot on film when only the exteriors were.
    That along with various cuts for music was what dampened demand.
    And serious collectors would have already got the series on its repeats or bought them off ebay where they were all available easily for several years until the BBC clamped down on them.
    Eurotika!

A documentary series shown on channel 4 about European exploitation films. It's got a couple of bootleg's but no official release.

Vids

Cult film review show come comedy series. Became a cult series in it's own right. It'll never be released though.

Any programme / series that features clips from other films or tv shows is unlikely to ever appear.
    The clips are licenced for tv broadcast only and are not allowed on commercially released product although more modern shows do take dvd releases into account on occasions
    It’s Target. The Beeb have said they’re not going to release it IIRC. The only hope would be for someone like Network to licence it. As well as it’s thuggish violence it’s notable for getting Katy “Dr Who” Manning to strip, airing her fried egg tits to the disinterest of the nation.

The BBC are blocked from releasing it so they would not be able to licence it either
    RichN95 wrote: »

Is it May?
    Last I read it was September but that may have changed.
    It was definitely September/ October when 49up was on
    The Changes - Children's BBC series from the 70's

The Double Deckers

The Double Deckers has been out about a year.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Here-Come-Double-Deckers-DVD/dp/B003WUXIYK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324676820&sr=8-1

The Changes is an odd one.
    Fortunately shot on 16mm film rather than tape so no issues with it being wiped it seems prime for release.
    It was shown a few times by UK Gold in the mid 90's but has not been seen since.
    I got tired of waiting so transferred my off air VHS to dvd.

I suspect the problem is because the series is based on a series of books rather than being written directly for tv.
    This involves an additional set of rights to secure .
    The same problem affected Armchair Thriller.
    The ones written specially for the series came out quite quickly but the ones based on novels were delayed and appeared later so the series was not released in sequence.

Having said that , The Changes does seem long overdue
  • Options
    porkpieporkpie Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Correction to my post.
    It was September this year when Apted started filming.
    You are right about May.
    13th , 14th and 15th although this might change.

Over 3 nights this time so its going to be a longer than usual programme.

Time to watch this again.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/7-49-Up-DVD-Michael-Apted/dp/B001LQW686/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1324682192&sr=8-2

There is also a cheaper reissue which I suspect will be in Networks traditionally flimsy cardboard packaging rather than the sturdy hard case of the original release
  • Options
    NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,217
    Forum Member
    CPeterson wrote: »
    Monkey Dust.

They released the first series, but then not the subsequent ones.

This definitely deserves a release!
    CherylFan wrote: »
    Ministry of Mayhem, anyone...?

If we're talking Saturday morning kids shows, then i'd give my left limb for an SMTV Live boxset.

Other kids shows i'd like to see released are:

The Demon Headmaster
    The Queen's Nose
    Bernard's Watch
    Zzzap!

After 24 years, Chucklevision got it's first DVD release recently, with series 1, and more to follow! Been waiting ages for these to be released.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time Gentlemen Please
    Although, as with Dream Team, being financed by BSkyB there's previous little chance of it getting a release.

The number of pub landlords I talk to who know nothing of this programme, to have any real means of viewing it, other than perhaps repeats on the satellite channels, if that ever happens these days.

In an ideal world, this fine show would have aired on the BBC, got much more prominence and a proper DVD release. But it was a suspected victim of the BBC's box-ticking equalities policy and deemed not inclusive enough to get commissioned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dapa wrote: »
    Time Gentlemen Please
    Although, as with Dream Team, being financed by BSkyB there's previous little chance of it getting a release.

Huh?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Al-Murray-Time-Gentlemen-Please/dp/B001MK9ZMQ
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 4-8 of 2point4 Children!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah, I stand corrected. I had looked for it in the past to no avail and assumed that Sky had a veto over the production company on a release. Possibly, they did, but only for a set period.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    It took over 20 yrs for Chelmsford 123 to make it to DVD.

The DVD video disc has only been going for 13 years now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dapa wrote: »
    Ah, I stand corrected. I had looked for it in the past to no avail and assumed that Sky had a veto over the production company on a release. Possibly, they did, but only for a set period.

How hard did you look?!?!? There’ve been two releases now, one in 2006 and the one linked above in 2009. Here’s the 2006 release:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Al-Murray-Time-Gentleman-Please/dp/B000FA56WM

Get thee to Specsavers! :D