Options

How can you tell if your partner loves you?

GooseberryloveGooseberrylove Posts: 438
Forum Member
I sometimes thing grand gestures of love are misleading its more the day to day stuff.But what are the signs that your man or woman deep down loves you.How does it manifest and show itself?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He sh*gs you when the football is on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    He decides to take a dump in the loo whilst you are in the bath.

Or holds you hair back whilst you vomit after knocking back too many mojitos.

That, my friend, is true love.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    HollyG wrote: »

I get the second line in your post but not the first!:eek::confused:

Any more subtle ways of telling?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Subtle ways?

Hmm.........

he passes up a night out with the boys to stay in with you and watch a 'rom com' and eat GU puddings.
  • Options
    kittleskittles Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the second line in your post but not the first!:eek::confused:

Any more subtle ways of telling?

personally I prefer to ask someone if they love me rather than trying to figure it out from a series of gestures :)

I may be jumping the gun but it sounds like you may be wondering whether your partner loves you or not
  • Options
    Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'It's in his kiss.'

But I guess things like watching anything they hate you want to watch just to keep you happy.

But if they say it, then that's generally enough for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kittles wrote: »
    personally I prefer to ask someone if they love me rather than trying to figure it out from a series of gestures :)

I may be jumping the gun but it sounds like you may be wondering whether your partner loves you or not

I dont have a partner im just planning ahead!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kittles wrote: »

If you read the opener again youll see im not looking for gestures-thats my point.
  • Options
    cutestardollcutestardoll Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He does all the cleaning and looks after my pets, and even baby talks to them sometimes now :). He tells his friends and family he wants to marry me and loves me, and always shows affection infront of anyone. He always tells me im beautiful and sexy,and makes me feel so, which is important to me, I could never be with a man who wasnt fully attracted to me.

I think all this shows that he loves me, I can only really go off my experience. I think you know if your partner loves you or not, if they make sacrifices for you in life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont have a partner im just planning ahead!

right....then I would say you're an impossible quest because love between two people varies depending on who the individuals are, and therefore the signs of that love will also vary

hell, if it were that easy to figure out when someone loves us, then 90% of the angst in the world would go away :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you read the opener again youll see im not looking for gestures-thats my point.

I did read your opening post thank you and you say "grand gestures" not "gestures"

a grand gesture to me wouold be for example lots of weekends away, taking out adverts in papers to proclaim their love, repeated expensive presents, that sort of thing

gestures would be things like cooking you're favourite food when you're ill even though their no good at cooking or sitting through an episode of SCd with all your girlmates because he knows you love it and then dropping them off home because they're drunk or noticing the fridge needs clearing out and doing it themselves rather than leaving a note for you to do it. kind of every day things
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when he asks for a bj but says he'll wait till emmerdale finishes so you dont miss the ending
  • Options
    johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    The words "Get the **** out of my life, I hate you" actually mean "You are my soulmate, I love you and want to be with you forever". :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that contrary to popular opinion, men are more complicated than women, when it comes to love.
  • Options
    Forum Member

The toilet reference confused me as in my home the toilet room is seperate from the bathroom.

How much are doing household chores and love for your partner linked?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When he (or she) is still doing the things that you thought meant they loved you, 10 years later.
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Subtle ways?

Hmm.........

he passes up a night out with the boys to stay in with you and watch a 'rom com' and eat GU puddings.

That may just mean that he fancies an evening of rumpey pumpey
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think there is any way of knowing for certain if someone loves you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofieellis wrote: »
    I don't think there is any way of knowing for certain if someone loves you.

That's true, we just assume (maybe even delude ourselves) that they do, maybe it's just enjoying company. How do you know they're not just settling? :(

I guess you ultimately just have to believe them when they say it. And not think about it too much, I mean surely it only matters in the starting out phases anyway?
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's true, we just assume (maybe even delude ourselves) that they do, maybe it's just enjoying company. How do you know they're not just settling? :(

I guess you ultimately just have to believe them when they say it. And not think about it too much, I mean surely it only matters in the starting out phases anyway?

BIB: it matters quite a lot if you're years into a relationship and they suddenly stop loving you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofieellis wrote: »
    BIB: it matters quite a lot if you're years into a relationship and they suddenly stop loving you.

I suppose but then surely it's more than subtle things by that point? I would've thought, and obviously I've not been in a 10 year+ relationship so don't know. But by then it's less about knowing they love you and more about you realising something is wrong in the relationship. More fighting, less time together.

Maybe it does come as a surprise to some, but I always fiigured there would be signs of some sort. That's perhaps naivety on my part.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would take a very dim view of it if my boyfriend did that. And I certainly wouldn't take it as a sign that he loved me.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are lots of subtle ways but one of my favourites is a little test you can conduct. If something significant happens in your life - family news, work/college events, bad news, good news, gossip - when the first person you want to talk to about it is your boyfriend/girlfriend; there's a very good chance it's love.

That was it for me. It might have been the fact that a hero of mine was on the radio - it was only him I wanted to talk to about it.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Subtle ways?

Hmm.........

GU Key Lime Pie - Scrumptious :p:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Damanda wrote: »
    That may just mean that he fancies an evening of rumpey pumpey

Even better!