Options

Text Message Meltdown

2»

Comments

• Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orange network not working very well here. This time last year was just daft - I started getting texts at 3am in the morning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I broke my moblie 6 months ago and decided not to replace it. The only person that calls me is Mother and thats on a Sunday evening (we made a pact to speak once a week even if it's for less than a minuite)or my birthday. Otherwise I phone her. So it wasn't worth replacing.
  • Options
    LummoLummo Posts: 7,145
    Forum Member
    Lurch wrote: »
    What have the dongles got to do with anything?

Lol i'm using one now to use the internet, it wouldn't connect for a little bit!
  • Options
    Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,372
    Forum Member
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    I'm on o2 and tried to send a message.... unable to send and that's 20mins later :mad:

I'm O2 aswell and sent all my messages between 11.57 and 00.05 and other than having to resend two txts after an error message, I didn't have problems sending. Just lucky I guess.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orange are still working fine.
  • Options
    OldHippy53OldHippy53 Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    All was fine on 3 :)
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on Giffgaff (via the O2 network) and I haven't been able to send messages without having to retry at least once, although all text messages are getting through to my phone. At least Twitter hasn't keeled over at midnight with the usual "overcapacity" whale screen of death.
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on Giffgaff (via the O2 network) and I haven't been able to send messages without having to retry at least once, although all text messages are getting through to my phone. At least Twitter hasn't keeled over at midnight with the usual "overcapacity" whale screen of death.
    Same here

I've been able to send a few in the last few minutes, but most of them are just failing outright
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm on T-Mobile and not had a problem.
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    working fine now:)
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm on Giff Gaff (o2) and had no problems whatsoever.
  • Options
    TennisFreak08TennisFreak08 Posts: 9,451
    Forum Member
    No probs with Orange.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Whats giffgaff ? it sounds like something from Lord of the Rings.
  • Options
    radiosgaloreradiosgalore Posts: 5,348
    Forum Member
    Lummo wrote: »
    T-Mobile
    My phone on Orange worked fine, the T-Mobile dongle did not cope so well though!
    Lurch wrote: »
    What have the dongles got to do with anything?
    Lol i'm using one now to use the internet, it wouldn't connect for a little bit!
    I'm on T-Mobile and not had a problem.

I didn't even try to sent any texts. On T-Mobile both for phone and internet via dongle. Phone is usually fine but the dongle is shocking. stays connected all the time but regularly stops loading web pages and I have to disconnect and reconnect 10-12 times a day. Truly shocking service.

oh BTW they may use the same network but making calls and the internet are somehow separated using different parts of the network. If The network is overloaded for calls the internet still may work. Some one more technical than me may be able to fill in the technical details
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    OldHippy53 wrote: »
    All was fine on 3 :)

Indeed.

Zero problems :)
  • Options
    cuttysarkcuttysark Posts: 1,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Orange and T-Mobile start sharing their networks earlier this year. That might have gone some to alleviating the usual problems.
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats giffgaff ? it sounds like something from Lord of the Rings.
    No frills mobile phone service owned by the same company who owns O2. Difference is rather than do what O2 does and spend millions on promotions, call centres, sponsoring football teams, maintaining a big turned over wok in eastern London and advertising, Giffgaff focuses on community forums with a small team for enquiries, is pay as you go only, admin is done online and people get paid 'payback' for helping others or getting new people to join.
  • Options
    MarzBar85MarzBar85 Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orange worked fine for me. Though my phone said failed to deliver a message, when it'd actually sent it. Got a reply straight back too so I knew it worked.

Auntie is on o2, I got about 15 repeated messages from her - she'd obviously kept hitting resend...
  • Options
    douknowotimean?douknowotimean? Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in South East Wales and on Virgin, which for the majority of time uses T-Mobile, sometimes it will switch to Orange. It was a bit manic last night. Only texted a max of 14 people (quite a few others texted me earlier and having replied to them, I left them out) and I kept having messages saying wasn't sent etc. I retried twice and it got through in the end.

Saying that mind, this morning My phone was using Orange so whether Virgin/T-Mobile crashed in my area at some point last night, I don't know.
  • Options
    slipstream42slipstream42 Posts: 2,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on 02 and had my Blackberry with me, I managed to email my ex all the time through midnight and further on but texts to others were slow and had to keep resending. Calls only seemed to work to certain numbers. I received calls fine had about 8 people ring me to wish me happy new year.. all pissed :D