Options

Fancying celebs much older than you? Is it weird, or not?

Nicky_Byrne_FanNicky_Byrne_Fan Posts: 1,693
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it weird to fancy a celeb who's quite a bit older than you.

For example, I'm 21 and I fancy Zayn Malik from One Direction who's 19, so that isn't so bad. But then I quite fancy Jason Orange from Take That who's like 43 or something, and Mikey from Boyzone who's 39. Obviously both Jason and Mikey are old enough to be my dad, but I find them pretty hot.

Sorry for the random topic, lol, bit bored!

Comments

• Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's neither weird nor nothing new.
  • Options
    Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, not weird.
  • Options
    MMXIIMMXII Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's weird if they are old enough to be your parent.
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's totally weird and freakish...get help asap.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    You sound younger than 21. So it evens itself out.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Its not weird as long as you're not obsessive. I'm 25 and I've had a crush on Alan Rickman for years.

As a teen you're generally going to fancy older celebs (in their 20-30s) as that who's in the media. Using Take That as an example, a lot of women who fancy them now were teens when they fancied them the first time round and it's only natural for that to come back when they did.

/ramble
  • Options
    Laura PLaura P Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always favoured older men. I like the slightly world-worn look and the experience they'd have. I thought, at first, it was just a teenage thing and that I wanted a father figure since I've never been close to my dad, but my tastes haven't changed so I think it's just the type I would have gone for anyway.

In terms of older celebs who I currently fancy, Johnny Depp and Gary Barlow are high on my list. Give me either of them any day over some Justin Beiber type! :)
  • Options
    Jackboy18Jackboy18 Posts: 1,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MMXII wrote: »
    I think it's weird if they are old enough to be your parent.

I don't think it is. As a 19-year-old, there are plenty of celebrities that are old enough to my parent that I wouldn't say 'no' to; Freddie Prinze, Jr. (aged 35), Leonardo DiCaprio (37), Ryan Phillippe (37), Eminem (39) (I detest him as a person, but he is handsome), P Diddy (42).
  • Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting on a bit, so we're talking pensioners if I want to go for ones twenty years older than me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think fancying older celebs is weird, however..

Is it a bit weird if you fancy the same celeb as your mum?

Me and my mum both fancy Robson Green (47) (I'm 23) :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always fancied older men, and as I've got older, the men and celebs I like have aged too, but I never went off them :)

I do wonder what the cut off age is, and if at 60 I'll be attracted to men in their 90s :o
  • Options
    MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a bit weird. Whenever threads come up regarding age gaps in potential/actual relationships (particularly older men fancying or going out with teenagers or vice versa), its seems as though the thread gets jumped on by people pointing out how wrong it is e.g.:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1565878&highlight=age+gap

With celebs however its seems more acceptable - nobody seems to bat an eyelid when an older celeb picks up the latest pretty young thing.
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    I've always fancied older men, and as I've got older, the men and celebs I like have aged too, but I never went off them :)

I do wonder what the cut off age is, and if at 60 I'll be attracted to men in their 90s :o

Same here. I can't even begin to think of a time I'll not find Liam Neeson incredibly attractive.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    podgicus wrote: »
    I don't think fancying older celebs is weird, however..

Is it a bit weird if you fancy the same celeb as your mum?

Me and my mum both fancy Robson Green (47) (I'm 23) :o

I think you'll find there are a fair few mums and daughters who fancy Johnny Depp ;)
  • Options
    LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always preferred older men but they are usually just old enough to be my elder brother!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you'll find there are a fair few mums and daughters who fancy Johnny Depp ;)

Of course!

It was just the weird look I got from someone at work when I told them that both me and my mum fancied Robson Green.

Maybe it was just the Robson Green thing that provoked the eyebrows..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a thing for Jeremy Clarkson and Kevin McCloud:o

Not so much in the physical attraction sense but in the interesting conversation and personality sense.
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 50 and fancy Lulu, Helen Mirren, Twiggy Diana Moran and Honor Blackman.

I don't consider it weird.
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    I've always been attracted to older men too. I'm 39 and have a crush on Mark Harmon (Gibbs from NCIS). :D
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her Majesty is still playing hard to get but Philip can't have long left so soon she will be mine!
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I can't think of any male actors who are a lot older than me that I like apart from Johnny Depp and Keanue Reeves. Saying that I though Patrick Swayze was hot in Point Break. All the others like Ewan McGregor and Matthew Lewis are either younger than or not much older than me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind a cuddle off Noel Edmonds and he's old enough to be my Grandad!
  • Options
    a_c_g_ta_c_g_t Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haaaaa Sigouney Weaver............ 30 years my senior
    :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy Clarkson .

me to! and i have always had a huge thing for Jack Nicholson
  • Options
    johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    I fancy Sarah Michelle Gellar, Anna Belkap (Lyndsey on CSI NY), Eva Larue and Stevie Nicks. They are all older than I am.