Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 31)

Comments

• Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    If you were Channel 4, where would you schedule Homeland? We know it's starting next month according to C4 Sales. Maybe Mondays at 10pm after Coppers once Party Paramedics has finished?

Apart from that, I can't see where else it could go at the moment. Thursdays will be free soon but that's More4's night for first run US drama.

I think Thursdays as More4 shows The Big C at 10pm which is more a dark comedy. Anyone if they're showing Season 2 of The Killing or is that also destined for More4.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Regarding the promotion of EastEnders - with the BBC making cuts it's probably no surprise they've stopped producing flashy EastEnders trailers. And really I don't think they make much of a difference - the ITV promo for Becky's exit was just a few clips thrown together, and it did its job perfectly.

The difference is ITV will have no hesitation in plugging a Corrie storyline every ad break, the BBC probably show more restraint in that respect.
  • Options
    wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you were Channel 4, where would you schedule Homeland? We know it's starting next month according to C4 Sales. Maybe Mondays at 10pm after Coppers once Party Paramedics has finished?

Apart from that, I can't see where else it could go at the moment. Thursdays will be free soon but that's More4's night for first run US drama.

I heard it's starting on the 18th (a Saturday).
  • Options
    Truth TellerTruth Teller Posts: 9,126
    Forum Member
    The celebrity wedding planner series that 5 commissioned around BB. What has been the viewing figs for each episode? and who was the celeb on each?

Just curious to see who brings in the viewers and if it was a ratings winner or not.

Thank you.:)
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking of promos, BBC1 ran one for the Football League Show just before 6 am today saying it was on ''tonight.'' Actually it's on Monday nights ! Wake up, Pres:D
  • Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC1's MasterChef cooked up a series high of 4.77m last night, trouncing ITV1's Biggest Loser which fell to a low of 2.14m/168k +1

ITV1 was also beaten by BBC2's live coverage of Cardiff v Crystal Palace, which netted 3.93m (inc HD) --- peak: 4.77m Rosner

Last night's League Cup semi-final between #CardiffCity and #CrystalPalace peaked at 5.3m (inc BBCHD) Hodges
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,697
    Forum Member
    Has there ever been a more apt name than The Biggest Loser? Even for the low Tuesday FlopZone standards, it looks to be a complete lame duck this series and scrapping it out with Talent Show Story to be ITV's biggest flop this month.

Suitably robust for the BBC opposition.
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So does CBB have better ratings than all 3 Davina shows now?

Even though that's expectd with Got To Dance,
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has there ever been a more apt name than The Biggest Loser? Even for the low Tuesday FlopZone standards, it looks to be a complete lame duck this series and scrapping it out with Talent Show Story to be ITV's biggest flop this month.

Suitably robust for the BBC opposition.

Should be calling it The even Bigger Loser
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,697
    Forum Member
    1.2m/4.7% for the series premiere of Junior Docs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC1's MasterChef cooked up a series high of 4.77m last night, trouncing ITV1's Biggest Loser which fell to a low of 2.14m/168k +1

ITV1 was also beaten by BBC2's live coverage of Cardiff v Crystal Palace, which netted 3.93m (inc HD) --- peak: 4.77m Rosner

Last night's League Cup semi-final between #CardiffCity and #CrystalPalace peaked at 5.3m (inc BBCHD) Hodges

ITV tried turning the show into Bigbrother and its failed.
    its 60% people crying now.some deeply unpleasant contestants.'Letters from home'...:eek: and just done a few days before on Bigbrother.

the format was perfect last year because on the whole they all just wanted to lose weight this time around its all about the money.
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    EastEnders dropped to 8.1 against ITV's Farewell Becky Special.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »

Thats because Becky get 4.57m and another 263k on +1.

Suspect Holby was down due to the football which doesn't affect cooking seemingly.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Williams tweeted that CBB peaked at 2.7m last night. Well what was the average?

Also The Exit List averages 2.1m.
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »

Suspect it was the football on BBC2 that dented EE. (Fantastic numbers by the way - 3.9m with a 5.3m peak! :eek:)

I can't imagine many ditched EE for a Corrie retrospective, more likely it was the predominantly northern "ITV soap" audience (who don't watch EE at all) who stayed with ITV1 for the Farewell programme when they would have otherwise not bothered to watch the usual fishing programme.

Talking of River Monsters, I'm surprised ITV haven't tried it later on Tuesdays. It has a loyal audience, and fishing is a popular sport. It can't do any worse than The Exit List, Bigger Loser, Dead and Buried, Certain Death, Bound to Fail, National Humiliation or any other aptly titled crap ITV might come up with in future for the Flopzone....
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC2's 3.9m for a Carling Cup Semi between two Championship sides compares rather favourably with many of ITV's expensively bought in FA Cup and CL fixtures - on the main channel!

In fact, ITV has been known to deliver full slot FA Cup Final ratings lower than that!
  • Options
    dave01dave01 Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1.2m/4.7% for the series premiere of Junior Docs.

1.2m nice strong start for Junior Doctors.

Looks like Eastenders and Holby did fairly low numbers (for the time of year) against the football.
  • Options
    DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on CBB??
  • Options
    gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    I'm predicting 2.4million for last night as there was still a lot of hype on twitter and facebook.

I think tonight could make 2.8m like monday's and the final making 3million.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBB got 2.35m EXCLUDING +1.
    Excl +1 is up around 200k+ on the previous 2 weeks. With +1, the show must have got 2.5m.
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/jan/25/channel-4-raise-programming-budget

C4 lost 10% of it's16-34 audiernce last year (I think we know where) so are boosting their budget by £50m this year to £450m (must say I thought their budget was £500m anyway, but only £400m was spent last year - and it showed!). That article labels New Girl as an out and out flop - and we all know that is purely down to scheduling. Hopefully that extra £50m is put towards the sort of shows we've been talking about here - considering Revenge and Person of Interest are yet to find a home I'm sure they could be picked up relatively cheaply - the original C4 Glee deal was £100k an episode, so I'd have thought they could get these around the same price, which out of an extra £50m is small change really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brekkie wrote: »
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/jan/25/channel-4-raise-programming-budget

C4 lost 10% of it's16-34 audiernce last year (I think we know where) so are boosting their budget by £50m this year to £450m (must say I thought their budget was £500m anyway, but only £400m was spent last year - and it showed!). That article labels New Girl as an out and out flop - and we all know that is purely down to scheduling. Hopefully that extra £50m is put towards the sort of shows we've been talking about here - considering Revenge and Person of Interest are yet to find a home I'm sure they could be picked up relatively cheaply - the original C4 Glee deal was £100k an episode, so I'd have thought they could get these around the same price, which out of an extra £50m is small change really.

Yeah am pretty sure theres been stories of them boosting Ch4 to its original budget of £450m. And thats down in real value anyway.

I'm not sure why Ch4 haven't done more dramas like E4 - Fresh Meat was a step in the right direction, but still lacked in some areas for me - they should look to some of the talented writers out there and get some good C4 dramas.

They'd have loved something like Being Human - all they need to do is look to some different types of shows.
    Theres a reason C4 is down in 16-34 and thats because its increasingly older skewing shows that fill the night! Sure Million Pound Drop has some soft faces, but its ratings arn't what they were at launch.

Just become C4 again, instead of Alan Carr pretending to be really 'out there' actually get some people who don't give a shit except about creating good TV!

They'll be missing BB though, we can see now it was them that killed it, not the format.
  • Options
    myscrapbook2011myscrapbook2011 Posts: 1,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimshaw wrote: »
    Just become C4 again, instead of Alan Carr pretending to be really 'out there' actually get some people who don't give a shit except about creating good TV!

They'll be missing BB though, we can see now it was them that killed it, not the format.

You can say that but it's still winning viewers for Channel 5..... So it's not exactly dead is it?
  • Options
    JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can say that but it's still winning viewers for Channel 5..... So it's not exactly dead is it?
    I think that was his point.
  • Options
    myscrapbook2011myscrapbook2011 Posts: 1,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    I think that was his point.

Never mind.....
This discussion has been closed.