Options

Bad news Dr.Who fans - Mat Smith has no plans to leave...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
Forum Member
✭✭✭
..Dr.Who!

I wish he would make plans so I can start watching this again. It's like watching a poor childrens tv drama now.

[news]Matt Smith on 'Doctor Who': 'I have no plans to leave'[/news]

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dezire wrote: »
    ..Dr.Who!

I wish he would make plans so I can start watching this again. It's like watching a poor childrens tv drama now.

Go away!

Most of us here love Matt in the role.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The OP has had their thread moved from the TV Shows forum to here. I don't think they were expecting to find themselves among the DW Fans!

A bit mean on the part of the mods - it's like throwing the OP to the wolves!*

Anyway, I will merely state that I don't agree with the OP. It is very good news for me that the lovely Matt is staying in DW, though I am, of course, sorry to hear that you are not enjoying DW currently.

*No offence. I like wolves.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..Dr.Who!

thats because it is poor childrens tv drama
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..Dr.Who!

Welcome. Enjoy your visit!!:D:D:D
  • Options
    rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm more of a Doctor Who fan now, than I ever was when DT was the Doctor :D
  • Options
    The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bad news for Doctor Who fans is that Moffat, not Smith, has no plans to leave. It shows what good actors Smith and Gillan are that they won awards at the NTAs despite the dire material that they have to work with.
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obvious troll is obvious. Can't tell if trolling, or just very stupid. Haters gonna hate, etc.

Please, just accept that DW isn't for you anymore and just get on with your life, instead of critizing BAFTA-Nominated, NTA Best Actor Award-Winning Matt Smith.

You don't like him? Fine. But the vitriol against him is unnessesary.

Millions of people around the world do like, maybe even love him as the Doctor.

This is good news. Deal with it.
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,062
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed Matt's Doctor much more in season 6 than 5 - so I have high hopes for season 7.

I'm hoping Moffat writes a really good new companion for him - someone with a much more ordinary back story than Amy.
  • Options
    Neda_TurkNeda_Turk Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    "Bad news Dr.Who fans - Mat Smith has no plans to leave..."

Very sad news indeed!

All we can do now is sit here and wait for the next 14 year axe to happen.

Still, even that is better than carrying on as it is at the moment.

(This is a genuine opinion to which I'm entitled to post. Try thinking of something else to negate it other than call me a troll as that is a non-constructive post and also addresses nothing.)
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Good, I love Matt Smith as The Doctor
  • Options
    DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You managed to spell 'good' wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Obvious troll is obvious. Can't tell if trolling, or just very stupid. Haters gonna hate, etc.

How many forum rules did you want to break in one go?

Newsflash: The world doesn't revolve around just your opinion. Others have a right to theirs and are just as valid. They are not trolls or haters or stupid.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the Doctor Who and Torchwood forum!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »

I wasn't when it came back in 2005. Then it was a fantastic piece of TV drama suitable of all ages and even non-sci-fi fans alike.

Then the new lot came along and ruined it.
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    these interviews are complete rubbish they do not release any information until they want to, anything they say before then is all lies,
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The OP is being a big ol' naughty, here!

I love MS's Doctor. Far more enjoyable and watchable that David Tennant's. My issue is with the stories though: I haven't got the faintest idea what the Doctor is doing or why he is doing it.

Glad MS is staying. He's got real energy and fun. He looked like he might be getting a bit snivelly towards the end of the last series (which was one of the main reasons I disliked DT's Doctor), but that didn't last long.
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neda_Turk wrote: »
    I wasn't when it came back in 2005. Then it was a fantastic piece of TV drama suitable of all ages and even non-sci-fi fans alike.

Then the new lot came along and ruined it.

Well, that's your opinion, around which the world does not indeed revolve.

However, whether you like it or not, the vast majority of TV watchers disagree with your views which is why Matt and Karen were voted best actor and actress, and why Doctor Who is regularly in the top ten most watched shows, and regularly scores well above average Audience Appreciation.
    I don't think that if the show was 'ruined' then any of the above would be happening.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and any message board should welcome diversity of views. God knows we see enough differences of opinion on this board. But personal opinion is not fact. Not liking Doctor Who is vastly different from the show actually being rubbish.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The OP is being a big ol' naughty, here!

I love MS's Doctor. Far more enjoyable and watchable that David Tennant's. My issue is with the stories though: I haven't got the faintest idea what the Doctor is doing or why he is doing it.

Glad MS is staying. He's got real energy and fun. He looked like he might be getting a bit snivelly towards the end of the last series (which was one of the main reasons I disliked DT's Doctor), but that didn't last long.

I like snivelly Doctors. :o:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »

Yeah sure it is. And Bros were better than The Beatles and Jeffrey Archer a better author than Charles Dickens.
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like snivelly Doctors. :o:o

Brave heart, Granny. ;)
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Neda_Turk wrote: »
    "Bad news Dr.Who fans - Mat Smith has no plans to leave..."

Very sad news indeed!

All we can do now is sit here and wait for the next 14 year axe to happen.

Still, even that is better than carrying on as it is at the moment.

(This is a genuine opinion to which I'm entitled to post. Try thinking of something else to negate it other than call me a troll as that is a non-constructive post and also addresses nothing.)

No need to try. You are indeed entitled to your opinion, trouble is you said "we" when you meant "I".
  • Options
    outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    I don't mind the direction Moffat's taken the series but I find the Eleventh Doctor embarrassingly cartoonish. I'd rather he didn't pirouette all over the place, spouting silly catchphrases and being determinedly naive. However, I realise that I have no power over the production team so Matt Smith can leave whenever he decides and not when I desire.
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    outside wrote: »
    I don't mind the direction Moffat's taken the series but I find the Eleventh Doctor embarrassingly cartoonish. I'd rather he didn't pirouette all over the place, spouting silly catchphrases and being determinedly naive. However, I realise that I have no power over the production team so Matt Smith can leave whenever he decides and not when I desire.

He was especially cartoonish in that bit where he was running through the city with Graham Norton and the giant rabbit.

Oh, wait...
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,951
    Forum Member
    Matt Smith will leave DW when he feels he's ready to, as have all his predecessors (CB possibly excepted), and it doesn't sound like he's ready to go yet.

Very few actors would take the risk of leaving a presumably well paid and certainly very high profile ongoing job unless they were either bored and/or disenchanted with it, or had what they thought was an even more career-enhancing definite job lined up.
    Almost all screen actors aspire to one day do a high profile movie role, and I'm sure that if he had a cast-iron offer from Hollywood Matt would seriously consider it, he'd be mad not to.
    As with David Tennant's decision to return to the theatre, this would inevitably compromise Matt's ability to commit to DW, and that is the point at which we will probably lose him.

I personally think he's a very good and versatile actor who has always shone on screen with the brilliant material he's had to work with, and also with the not so brilliant.
    As regards his portrayal of the Doctor, as with DT he's fundamentally playing it the way he's been told to play it, which is what all actors do.
    People are quite entitled to dislike his portrayal of the character, but don't blame Matt personally!
    :)
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really can't do this:

' you love Matt Smith, I hate Matt Smith '

or

' I love Matt Smith, how could you hate Matt Smith'

... debate anymore. It's been done to the death. Nothing more to say on it at all. I don't know how it hasn't drove regular forum visitors up the bloody wall and rendered them insane...