Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XX (Spoilers)

1119120121122123125»

Comments

• Options
    MFKR78MFKR78 Posts: 1,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the Rumble match and it was poor in my opinion. The end was a shock admittedly (hey I guess it really pays to be up Triple H's ass) but the worst thing I find about it all is the crap like Lawler and Hacksaw. It's just so cringeworthy and embarrassing to see guys like Cody Rhodes and others taking bumps for these old farts that can barely move and shouldn't be anywhere near the ring.
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did like Kane destroying Cena and Ryder though!
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i really enjoyed it,cody and the miz were....well awesome,i liked the cameos from hacksaw,roaddogg and the 3 annoucers, the sock and snake stuff was great as was ricardo and kofi pulled off one of the greatest rumble spots ever

the ending was great,i wanted y2j to win so i was dissapoitned but it wasnt predictable thats for sure

bryan and punk retained too...seemed like a great rumble to me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Legacy o9 wrote: »
    The Royal Rumble match for me was one of the best in recent memory, it was a really fun Rumble much like 2001 a lot of surprises and stupid funny moments.

Even though his orange leotard scares the hell out of me Michael Cole entering the match was hilarious! :D

I thought exactly this too. The Rumble itself was just all about fun really. Foley and Santino, Ricardo, Michael Cole and other moments plus surprise appearances etc. I thought the other matches were decent too aside from the diva piss break. I honestly thought Johnny boy was gonna somehow screw Punk but he didn't. On top of that the crowd were great. The front couple of rows in front of the camera were brilliant.

Solid show and good start to 2012 I thought.

EDIT: Btw I think Kofi did an even better spot then John Mo's dive onto the barrier last year. I really had visions of Kofi losing his balance during the handstand.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Mike tyson is apparently going in the WWE hall of fame this year.
  • Options
    jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    Can't complain, solid enough show but it looked better on paper.

Opening match was weaker than expected, presumably because Henry was hurt and Show wasn't 100%. Decent opener yet a forgettable cage match.

Divas match wasn't a botchfest by any means, so that's a good thing.

Cena vs. Kane was a solid match with what is always an annoying end for PPV (understandable why they did that). Aftermath was a poor brawl, not helped by the fact Ryder, Eve and Cena simply cannot act.

Brodus/McIntyre was basic TV squash match. End of.

Punk/Ziggler was a damn good match if not quite living up to expectations. Overbooking harmed the flow; Ziggler was made to look like a midcarder again by the end.

Rumble was fun as expected but like last year far from a techincal masterpiece. Probably too lighthearted and anti-climatic in too many places, Jericho stuff was a damp squib after all the hype, and everybody expected all the big names as opposed to Uso and Riley. However, there was more than enough stuff to make it memorable:
    • Ricardo Rodriguez.
    • Surprise appearances from Kharma, Road Dogg and Hacksaw.
    • Kofi's handstand
    • 3 announcers
    • Miz's long run
    • Cody Rhodes being booked well, getting to eliminate 4 popular acts (Lawler, Foley, Booker and Duggan)
    • Sheamus in star building win
  • Options
    Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,769
    Forum Member
    Sheamus was my pick to win so pleased I got that right.

However, the Rumble did show how lacking WWE is with top names. Orton, Jericho, Sheamus is on his way to being a proper top name now. A few more are established names like Miz, Big Show, Barrett is getting there too but none that are main event talent.
  • Options
    OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member

Did like Kane destroying Cena and Ryder though!

They were great packages though. Absolutely amazingly well done.

EDIT: I know this is probably off, but is the Jericho's "the end of the world as you know it" quote directed towards the Internet fans? Everyone had him picked and some are annoyed that he didn't win, acting as if it was the end of the world. :D
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 218,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No quarrel with Sheamus winning the Rumble, looking back it is going to be interesting to see where they go with Jericho now

I know it's slim, but I do hope he gets some decent build up whoever he faces at Mania and doesn't get overshadowed by that other hyped up match

Rumble match overall was good but not great either

Kharma is back which is a good thing, whether it was only a one off for now remains to be seen as there is the small matter of some unfinished business with the Bellas to come ;)

But I do feel they could have given the commentator spots to 3 others on the roster

6/10 for this years Rumble match

Definitely not up to 1992 standard and a distinct lack of star power up to near the end which unfortunately killed the crowd a bit
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 218,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike tyson is apparently going in the WWE hall of fame this year.

It is true, he's just confirmed it on Twitter if that is Iron Mike's real account
    MikeTysonMike Tyson

I'm looking forward to my induction into the @WWE Hall of Fame. Shout out to my friend Triple H.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    I might as well arse lick HHH for a job in the WWE if it works wonders for Sheamus & Mike Tyson.
  • Options
    sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont why there is so much suprise about Sheamus winning. Hes been pushed hard recently, cant remember the last time he lost and dont forget he is a 2x WWE Champion, and a King of the RIng winner. I had him down as my no.3 after Jericho and Orton. Certainly a qualified winner. The only thing is where does this leave us for Mania. Sheamus vs. Bryan? The dark match from last year.
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 71,013
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=56276788#post56276788
    This discussion has been closed.