Options

Kate Middleton?

kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm sure she's a nice friendly person no doubt about that. I was just wondering what her role is in life now?

All I see on news articles is her just visiting and greeting people? Like all she seems to do is just be smiling and saying hello to people. Is that all she is going to do? I know she's a patron of 4 charities but does she just go to these places, listen to their stories tell them how brave they are and then have pictures with them?

Because all I see is love for the woman and like I say i'm sure she's a really nice person but do people respect her because she's now royal and "above us" to some people :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    Miss NMiss N Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally don't consider members of The Royal Family celebrities, so think the Showbiz section is the wrong place for your thread...

(and I personally think Kate is lovely...I like her :))
  • Options
    mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member
    Miss N wrote: »
    I personally don't consider members of The Royal Family celebrities, so think the Showbiz section is the wrong place for your thread...

(and I personally think Kate is lovely...I like her :))

agree entirely.

She's a lovely girl, I bet she hasn't a bad bone in her body.

Under no circumstances is she a celebrity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where else am I meant to put it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try the general discussions thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that at first but i've seen some threads of them in here haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that at first but i've seen some threads of them in here haha

I must have missed those ones...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must have yes :)
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get what you are asking :confused: She is married to Prince William, the future King of England. It is her job to support him and to be an ambassador for the UK. I bet if DS was around when the Queen married Prince Philip there would be threads asking "what is his purpose now?". Only it would have been much worse as back then, while it would have been acceptable for a woman to support her husband and let their career take a back seat, it must've been incredibly hard for Prince Philip knowing that even in those male dominated times, she worse the trousers.

It's obvious that Kate and William genuinely love each other and I think they would've married even if he wasn't a royal. Kate has duties now, duties that she had to accept long before she agreed to marry him. It might seem like she has an easy life but unlike celebs who can have flaws/meltdowns etc, she has to act like a lady at all times. Even her sister Pippa who got a lot of attention from the press all over her arse, seems like a nice girl who has never milked the attention and is letting it all blow over. William could've married a far worse woman.

LEAVE KATE ALONE!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must have yes :)

I thought I recognised your user name - how was London when you went for your 18th? Did your £100 last the weekend?
  • Options
    LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate Middleton doesn't actually exist now. It's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and she'll be raising awareness of lots of issues via charities and producing an heir and a spare from hereon in.

I think she's gorgeous and fab so please don't think me mocking!
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure she's a nice friendly person no doubt about that. I was just wondering what her role is in life now?

All I see on news articles is her just visiting and greeting people? Like all she seems to do is just be smiling and saying hello to people. Is that all she is going to do? I know she's a patron of 4 charities but does she just go to these places, listen to their stories tell them how brave they are and then have pictures with them?

Because all I see is love for the woman and like I say i'm sure she's a really nice person but do people respect her because she's now royal and "above us" to some people :rolleyes:

So what do the other royals' partners do then? Camilla? Sophie? Why single Kate out in particular?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    Catherine Cambridge now isnt she? CaCa?:)
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get what you are asking :confused: She is married to Prince William, the future King of England. It is her job to support him and to be an ambassador for the UK. I bet if DS was around when the Queen married Prince Philip there would be threads asking "what is his purpose now?". Only it would have been much worse as back then, while it would have been acceptable for a woman to support her husband and let their career take a back seat, it must've been incredibly hard for Prince Philip knowing that even in those male dominated times, she worse the trousers.

It's obvious that Kate and William genuinely love each other and I think they would've married even if he wasn't a royal. Kate has duties now, duties that she had to accept long before she agreed to marry him. It might seem like she has an easy life but unlike celebs who can have flaws/meltdowns etc, she has to act like a lady at all times. Even her sister Pippa who got a lot of attention from the press all over her arse, seems like a nice girl who has never milked the attention and is letting it all blow over. William could've married a far worse woman.

They weren't having a go at Kate just asking a question. She is in all the celebrity magazines on the front pages so yes I would put her in showbiz.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss N wrote: »
    I thought I recognised your user name - how was London when you went for your 18th? Did your £100 last the weekend?

19th* and yeah it did was good :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not having a go. Like I said i'm sure she's a really nice person but I am baffled that supporting your husband is a job? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not having a go. Like I said i'm sure she's a really nice person but I am baffled that supporting your husband is a job? :eek:
    Really?

I know Showbiz isn't the place for serious discussion but in this case it boggles my mind how anyone could think that Kate could marry into the Royal family and chose to live a "normal" life and have a "normal" job.

There is no such thing as "normal" in this day and age. Plenty of women take a back seat to their husbands careers and this maybe surprising to some but so do men to their wives. Then there are the couples who both have careers.

It all comes down to what works for a couple. That was apparently what feminism was about: CHOICE. Instead of being told that as a woman, you existed only to support your husband, under equality, you could chose to support your husband who chased his career, you could chose to have a husband who supported you while you chased your career or you could both support each other while you both chased your careers.

Kate and Willian chose each other and seem very happy and more importantly, they look in love. Why is that such a bad thing? They have found what worked for them so let them be. They won't be the first couple where the male's career takes the front seat and I really don't see a problem with it. By default of being William's wife, Kate will always be scrutinised. It's not her fault.

ETA: Supporting your husband isn't supposed to be a job, it's something you do out of love. If you have both sat down as adults and discussed your committments and one party has said "well, you have far more committments than I and I will support you", then where is the problem?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really?

I know Showbiz isn't the place for serious discussion but in this case it boggles my mind how anyone could think that Kate could marry into the Royal family and chose to live a "normal" life and have a "normal" job.

There is no such thing as "normal" in this day and age. Plenty of women take a back seat to their husbands careers and this maybe surprising to some but so do men to their wives. Then there are the couples who both have careers.

It all comes down to what works for a couple. That was apparently what feminism was about: CHOICE. Instead of being told that as a woman, you existed only to support your husband, under equality, you could chose to support your husband who chased his career, you could chose to have a husband who supported you while you chased your career or you could both support each other while you both chased your careers.

Kate and Willian chose each other and seem very happy and more importantly, they look in love. Why is that such a bad thing? They have found what worked for them so let them be. They won't be the first couple where the male's career takes the front seat and I really don't see a problem with it. By default of being William's wife, Kate will always be scrutinised. It's not her fault.

ETA: Supporting your husband isn't supposed to be a job, it's something you do out of love. If you have both sat down as adults and discussed your committments and one party has said "well, you have far more committments than I and I will support you", then where is the problem?

Everybody should work if they are abled, it's bullshit when one goes out and one becomes a housewife
  • Options
    guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    her job is go to a West Indian island and take it over to the determent of the locals and other holidaymakers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everybody should work if they are abled, it's bullshit when one goes out and one becomes a housewife
    Kate married into the Monarchy. As the future Queen to King William, it is her job to be an ambassador for the UK. If people don't think that her job as an ambassador qualifys as a job, they why don't they abolish the Monarchy?

Plus lmao at your views on housewives. If a couple decide that it's best for one of them to work and one of them to stay at home, who are you to judge otherwise? If they can afford it, what's the problem?
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where else am I meant to put it?
    In Pippa? :o
  • Options
    eggysueeggysue Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Kates every move, for the rest of her life, will be discussed and picked apart. To some people no matter what she does it will be wrong. Imagine for a moment, no freedom, at all, ever.... Everything planned out for months in advance, no chance of spontaneity, servants hovering, and no doubt later selling their stories, not my idea of fun.God help her if she doesn't produce a baby soon too, cannot imagine the tabloids will be kind. I wish her luck, they will certainly need it,not a life I would want for my daughter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member

Oh do go away little girl. Here in the real world it's up to each individual couple how they choose to live their lives. My husband and I both work but my friends husband stays home and looks after their children while she goes out to work. Why is that wrong?. They don't claim any benefits and they are happy with the situation. To get back to Catherine - what do you want her to do?. I'm sure there is plenty to fill her time already.
  • Options
    KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a filthy scrounger that should pay her damn taxes.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,449
    Forum Member

Being diplomatic and ambassadorial, meeting, greeting, spreading goodwill, publicising charities etc...is her job.
  • Options
    KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly a job. She's a free loader who in my opinion married the man for an easy life.