Options

Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,678
    Forum Member
    Absolutely loved Jacqui closing the door on Dodger! Very funny and very Jacqui! :D
  • Options
    Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a great episode. So many characters, all interacting together and a good bit of 'banter' between both the non-hen hen party and the stag do. One thing letting it down, but I won't dwell on that.

Jacqui's reaction to Dodger :D
  • Options
    ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Class episode.

It feels like a different programme from last week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nancy's mother is very nasty. It was good to see the girls stick up for Darren and then Jacqui saying she was also in prison. lol

I don't know why we have to have such big gaps between these brilliant episodes, the last one was the girls in prison, nearly a month ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    really good episode, Jacqui is brilliant lol :D I love the male and female groups integrating

I won't dwell on the characters I don't like, so I'll just say more like this please HO!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nancy's mum needs to loosen up a bit, live a little and give people a chance. If he makes her daughter happy, then surely that's a good thing and she should make the effort to get to know him.
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    Apart from Jono and Ruby that is, FGS Ruby do not put up with this even though I don't like you

Their scene literally turned my stomach, Jono is manipulative and cowardly and the awkwardness is not charming its tedious. I don't know why anyone likes those two together, so far all they've done is use each other back and forth.
    Reo wrote: »
    Absolutely loved Jacqui closing the door on Dodger! Very funny and very Jacqui! :D

That was brilliant, exactly why Jacqui is my top lady.

Glad that Rhys is doing the best man bit too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was great!

Wow, Margaret is a cow...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and I'm just gonna take a moment to mention Doug's costume.. wow
  • Options
    rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    Nancy's mum needs to loosen up a bit, live a little and give people a chance. If he makes her daughter happy, then surely that's a good thing and she should make the effort to get to know him.

Agreed, I can't believe bloody FRANKIE is being a better mother figure at the moment :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want Darren and Nanceys wedding to go smoothly...but it probably won't will it. :cry::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was a great episode and puts the whole of last week to shame!

More adult fun stuff please, more comedy, more of the Book Club and more of Darren and his group of stags please!
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Brilliant episode full of characters I love. Some very funny moments (and I got a little emotional at Darren and Rhys' moment!). It felt like the sorts of episodes we'd have during 2007 - really strong episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MinnyMau5 wrote: »
    I really want Darren and Nanceys wedding to go smoothly...but it probably won't will it. :cry::p

I do too, but it is a soap and soap tradition :( they should break the tradition just once! Please Hollyoaks :D

I really can't wait to see Nancy's reaction to Darren having the whole wedding planned. She's going to be so happy :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The teen scenes were small enough to not be a issue, however they were, because of the content, Ruby being so forgiving and Jono being a manipulative liar, it's the wrong message to send out. I also would have liked to have had no teens in the episode, they weren't needed.

The rest of the episode was brilliant. one that we should have more often, the girls and guys getting together were great, loved Jacqui, she was the best character today. I really don't like Nancy's mother, so glad the others, especially Frankie stood up for Darren and Nancy.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Even though it was a great episode, I found the second part more entertaining than the first, despite it being shorter.

And Nancy thinking she saw the Statue of Liberty just completed the episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The teen scenes were small enough to not be a issue, however they were, because of the content, Ruby being so forgiving and Jono being a manipulative liar, it's the wrong message to send out. I also would have liked to have had no teens in the episode, they weren't needed.

The rest of the episode was brilliant. one that we should have more often, the girls and guys getting together were great, loved Jacqui, she was the best character today. I really don't like Nancy's mother, so glad the others, especially Frankie stood up for Darren and Nancy.

It's good to see so many positive threads and I agree Reo they weren't needed, also has Margaret had much to do with Nancy since Becca's death if not, she wouldn't know what type of person her daughter had become or needs
  • Options
    rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    It's good to see so many positive threads and I agree Reo they weren't needed, also has Margaret had much to do with Nancy since Becca's death if not, she wouldn't know what type of person her daughter had become or needs

This is my main problem with Nancy's mum, she effectively washed her hands off her after she got with Jake! So y'know, she's got a nerve thinking she can dictate who Nancy falls for
  • Options
    habanalahabanala Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant episode, No Maddie!
    As funny as it was im fuming at jacqui! Would of loved to of seen dodger stripping! I suppose Jacqui's right though, Its nothing we haven't seen!
    Ruby deserves everything she gets now i cant feel sympathetic for someone who puts up with being publicly humiliated time and time again.
    I really really hope the teens are going to be in the back ground for a bit now but unfortunately I cant see that happening.
  • Options
    ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely laughed at a couple of points in tonights episode, when Brendan did his magic fingers trick and when Jacqui owned Dodgy.

Jacqui was brilliant tonight, I wish they would use her more often, no one does dead pan better than Claire Cooper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just watched 3 minutes of ads and still didn't see the promo! I hate watching ads, so I never watch them and when I do, I miss the whole point as to why I was watching them! arghhhhh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    I just watched 3 minutes of ads and still didn't see the promo! I hate watching ads, so I never watch them and when I do, I miss the whole point as to why I was watching them! arghhhhh

It was on right after the big bang theory so I reckon you must have missed it. Someone will upload it soon enough in all likelihood, especially since its got Double B in it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed the episode tonight, so much better :)
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    It was on right after the big bang theory so I reckon you must have missed it. Someone will upload it soon enough in all likelihood, especially since its got Double B in it.

Ha! Doing it now ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Ha! Doing it now ;)

:D Awesome.
This discussion has been closed.