Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 31)

Comments

• Options
    AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fox have confirmed some scheduling details in the US including how they're going to balance House, Alcatraz and Touch on Monday nights. In short House is going on hiatus throughout March with Alcatraz shifting to 8PM to act as lead-in for Touch. Although bizarrely the first time Touch airs Monday at 9PM it'll be a repeat of the pilot that'll have already run out of American Idol. Its also been confirmed that the House series finale will air May 21. Its currently scheduled to be an hour but that might change depending on whether Touch is working out or not.

Other scheduling news from Fox the two-hour Tuesday comedy block will run for just 5 weeks (March 6 – April 3) with Glee returning with new episodes on April 10. Not sure what they're going to do with the remaining episodes of Breaking In but they might end up airing out of Idol given how Teenage Daughter was faring in the Fall. Bones will return with new episodes April 5 and Gordon Ramsey's new format, Hotel Hell, will debut the following night in the slot currently occupied by Kitchen Nightmares.
  • Options
    AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    Good promo but odd not to include OUAT, Dallas or The Walking Dead, maybe they'll be shown separately or as part of a different drama trailer.
    It was a promo for their procedurals. I would assume they'll be a different promo for the non-procedural dramas although they may not have enough of those right now to warrant creating a special trailer for them.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given that 2 of 3 are new to Channel 5, that might warrant a "new to Channel 5" trailer, maybe tag Waking The Dead on the end, as its a new series.

This seems to confirm t hat EE will be on BBC 2 over the Olympics. Quite how the nation will survive without The One Show, I will never know.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be much more logical to put the Olympics on BBC2 from about 7 pm, perhaps shared with BBC3. I wonder whether TOS could be ''rested'' permanently ?
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for you Dave, when has Uni ever taken priority? (the same goes for any student)

This is the ratings thread. We need roundups! Sort it out! ;):)

Haha. ;) (I had a deadline for yesterday :o )
    ftv wrote: »
    It would be much more logical to put the Olympics on BBC2 from about 7 pm, perhaps shared with BBC3. I wonder whether TOS could be ''rested'' permanently ?

BBC are not going to axe a show which gets 4m to 5m all year round.

Summary of the Daily Mail article:

- EastEnders, Panorama, Songs of Praise and Holby City moving from BBC One to BBC Two
    - The One Show and Casualty will be 'rested'

And:
    The corporation will clear BBC1’s schedules for most of the day in a bid to provide comprehensive coverage of the Games, which start in July.

Among the few BBC1 shows likely to be relatively unaffected are its news bulletins at 1pm, 6pm and 10pm and BBC Breakfast, which will run an edition dominated by the Games.

Doesn't tell us much more though.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe there is a question mark over the 6.30 local news as the English regions no longer have the ability to opt-out of BBC2 (although the National regions do). Interesting because recently the BBC was telling the Trust it might not be able to honour its obligations to the national news bulletins (perhaps the Trust has tiold the BBC it will).It will be amusing to see EE on BBC2 outrating the Olympics on BBC1.
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Channel5 to renew Big Brother contract for 'several more years' and more CBB:
    FANS of Big Brother were celebrating last night as it was revealed the show is guaranteed for several more years.

Showmakers Endemol UK are ready to sign a new *contract with Channel 5 after the reality series proved a hit in its new home.

And the contract will include plans for two Celebrity Big *Brother series a year, starting with another one this summer.

After Channel 4 axed the reality show in 2010, Channel 5 swooped to save it and signed a two-year deal with Endemol to keep it on air until 2013.

Now Big Brother boss Gavin Henderson says the revamped show been such a hit that talks are under way to extend the *contract.

He said: “It’s being re-negotiated as we speak. It’s an open secret that Channel 5 have been very pleased with its commercial *success as have we.

“I’m sure it will continue.

“When we moved from Channel 4 to Channel 5, it enabled us to make changes that we couldn’t in the past. We have been a lot more confident this time around in how we drive the stories forward and make entertaining shows.”

Celebrity Big Brother 2012 boosts Channel5's ratings to highest ever figures
    Celebrity Big Brother helped Channel 5 to boost its viewing figures to their highest ever in January, with the channel capturing a 6.2% share of the telly watching audience.

More than 3 million viewers tuned in to watch last month’s final, as Denise Welch was crowned winner of the latest series.

The show averaged around 2.5 million viewers across its three week run, making it by far Channel 5′s biggest show.

The results also saw the channel get close to overtaking Channel 4 in the ratings, with the former Big Brother broadcaster logging a 6.6% share.

And in more worrying news for C4 bosses, Channel 5′s share rose more than 10% on last January’s figures, while Channel 4′s dropped by almost 16%.

The success of Channel 5′s Big Brother revival will see the show return this summer, with plans for another Celebrity run in winter 2013 if ratings hold.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    Given that 2 of 3 are new to Channel 5, that might warrant a "new to Channel 5" trailer, maybe tag Waking The Dead *on the end, as its a new series.

FX doesn't start the second half of season two of The Walking Dead until next Friday (it restarts in the US tomorrow), so it will be a long time until it gets to C5.

*Wrong show!!
  • Options
    LRoseLRose Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    SamuelW wrote: »

I think two CBBs a year could be overkill. There's surely only a limited supply of 'celebrities' who will appear on a show like this and at 2 series per year it won't take them long to work through the list.

I can see why it's under consideration as the Celeb series has been a lot more successful than normal BB on 5 but I don't think it's wise to exhaust the format.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,690
    Forum Member
    derek500 wrote: »
    FX doesn't start the second half of season two of The Walking Dead until next Friday (it restarts in the US tomorrow), so it will be a long time until it gets to C5.

*Wrong show!!

Not so. Their rights commence in April so free-to-air viewers shouldn't have long to wait at all before they can enjoy this great show uninterrupted over 13 consecutive weeks.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good for Five if I was ITV I would have also bided for this.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night:

-The Graham Norton Show averaged 4.1m - over 4x higher than any other channel in that slot (exc +1s).
    -Stella averaged 628k, peaking at 722k.
    -Million Pound Drop peaked at 3.2m.

Sources: John Williams and Sam Hodges.

Fantastic rating for Graham Norton! MPD also seems higher than it has been of late (even though it's a peak) and Stella continues to perform really well.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who was on Graham Norton? Great rating for it. And Million Pound Drop must have averaged in the low 2m's, first time it's done really well in a while.
  • Options
    jonnyblackjonnyblack Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Who was on Graham Norton? Great rating for it. And Million Pound Drop must have averaged in the low 2m's, first time it's done really well in a while.

Dame Judi Dench, Dev Patel and Sue Perkins. Dame Judi had some great stories and the sofa was comfortable with each other. The show deserves those kinds of ratings tbh! Was a great episode.
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great for Norton, pissing all over Ross as he does week in week out. Wonder if ratings were up last night due to the weather? I see the southern jessies had a bit more snow and ice yesterday. It even merited a mention on the Ten O Clock News.... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »

Chris Moyles was on MPD and he spent about 2 hours going on about it on Friday morning, so that explains the increase.
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Why hasnt Sam Hodges tweeted Hustles rating, he normally does.
  • Options
    PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,799
    Forum Member
    jonnyblack wrote: »
    Dame Judi Dench, Dev Patel and Sue Perkins. Dame Judi had some great stories and the sofa was comfortable with each other. The show deserves those kinds of ratings tbh! Was a great episode.

Also Will Young, who was interviewed and sang.

The whole show was good natured, funny and unforced. Graham is a great host, and all the guests were great. Deserved the viewing figure.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Need you ask? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've just asked him. 4.6m, with 3.3m for Room 101.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Need you ask? ;)

Hooray, you're back. We've missed you! ;)
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hooray, you're back. We've missed you! ;)

I've been busy. I notice you have had to resort to commenting on your own posts now :eek: My return is only temporary, so make the most of it :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    I've been busy. I notice you have had to resort to commenting on your own posts now :eek: My return is only temporary, so make the most of it :p

Operation Stop The Midwife?

:)
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Charnham;56489599This seems to confirm t hat EE will be on BBC 2 over the Olympics. Quite how the nation will survive without The One Show, I will never know.[/QUOTE]
    That's no surprise - but really a waste of BBC cash. They've known for 7 years it was coming - EE should be rested for the period as neither EE or the Olympic coverage will benefit from EE being on BBC2. If they insist on EE having some presence a short run of spin-off E20 over the period would be best.
    LRose wrote: »
    I think two CBBs a year could be overkill. There's surely only a limited supply of 'celebrities' who will appear on a show like this and at 2 series per year it won't take them long to work through the list.
    I think the supply of celebrities for all such shows ran out quite some time ago.
  • Options
    gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Any news on the soaps for last night?
This discussion has been closed.