The Ratings Thread (Part 31)

Comments

• Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Operation Stop The Midwife?

:)

I did manage to catch 2 minutes of that. Midwives on bikes to the tune of Perry Como's Magic Moments. Immediately though this was the BBC's Heartbeat revival.

Imitiation is indeed the sincerest form of flattery. Indeed BBC1's Heartbeat is being used to launch BBC1's Downton tomorrow night.

btw, I'm beinging to think that Hodges & Skyes might have a Clarke Kent thing going on, the way they swap ratings & rant about +1's. ;)
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have registered the title Midwives on Ice as I can see what's coming from ITV:D
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Brekkie wrote: »
    That's no surprise - but really a waste of BBC cash. They've known for 7 years it was coming - EE should be rested for the period as neither EE or the Olympic coverage will benefit from EE being on BBC2. If they insist on EE having some presence a short run of spin-off E20 over the period would be best.

There was never going to be even the slightest possibility of EastEnders being rested for the Olympics, and there will certainly be a strong 'anti-Olympics' audience out there seeking an alternative which the BBC has to cater for. Moving it to BBC2 seems sensible enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    I have registered the title Midwives on Ice as I can see what's coming from ITV:D

most of the plagarism has being going the other way these days. Brand new copies of Downton, Heartbeat and X Factor all on BBC1 this year;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    There was never going to be even the slightest possibility of EastEnders being rested for the Olympics, and there will certainly be a strong 'anti-Olympics' audience out there seeking an alternative which the BBC has to cater for. Moving it to BBC2 seems sensible enough.

I think the BBC has always been worried that a significant portion of their audience cant work remotes. That has always been the justification for moving big events to BBC1
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    most of the plagarism has being going the other way these days. Brand new copies of Downton, Heartbeat and X Factor all on BBC1 this year;)
    How is Call Teh Midwife a copy of Heartbeat? One's about midwives, the others about policemen, You could say it's more similar to The Royal though.
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No question though the Olympics should be on BBC1 - but unfortunately some folk can't accept that having their show make way for 2 weeks out of 208 for arguably the biggest even in the BBC's portfolio - and in this years case in their history, is in the interests of all.

And yes there is a non-Olympic audience to serve - but there is also a non-BBC1 audience to serve too. With the budgets as they are now some common sense should come into play too - as in most cases a BBC2 show will come in cheaper than a BBC1 show. It's one thing bumping a show to BBC2 for an unexpected event BBC1 are carrying live at relatively short notice - but quite another in this situation.

And frankly too with the extra episodes and airtime last Christmas and next Christmas EE would more than make up for anytime lost over the fortnight anyway.
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For Robbie :)

Consolidated figures for The Royal Bodyguard (Timeshift in brackets) :

Episode 1: 8.35m (+ 1.30m)
    Episode 2: 5.23m (+ 0.73m)
    Episode 3: 3.54m (+ 0.61m)
    Episode 4: 3.10m (+ 0.51m)
    Episode 5: 3.26m (+ 0.49m)
    Episode 6: TBA
    Interesting, Andy. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    Hollywood1989Hollywood1989 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You are annoying me, ITV is FAR from perfect.
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Summary of the Daily Mail article:

- EastEnders, Panorama, Songs of Praise and Holby City moving from BBC One to BBC Two
    - The One Show and Casualty will be 'rested'

And:

Doesn't tell us much more though.
    Nothing in that article that we haven't already speculated on in this thread. I wonder if that's where the paper got the idea? :D
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friday 10th February 2012
    BBC One
    20:30 - Room 101: 3.26m (13.2%)
    21:00 - Hustle: 4.64m (19.4%)
    22:35 - The Graham Norton Show: 4.10m (26.9%)

BBC Two
    20:00 - Mastermind: 2.00m (8.3%)
    20:30 - Mastermind: 1.70m (6.9%)
    21:00 - Wild About Pandas: 1.52m (6.3%)

ITV1
    20:00 - Safari Vet School: 2.72m (11.3%)
    21:00 - Law and Order: UK: 4.80m (20.1%)
    * +1: 294k (1.6%)

Channel 4
    20:30 - New Girl: 810k (3.3%)
    * +1: 187k (0.8%)
    21:00 - The Million Pound Drop Live: 2.16m (9.5%)
    * +1: 295k (1.8%)

Channel 5
    20:00 - World's Toughest Trucker: 1.08m (4.4%)
    21:00 - FILM: The Last Samurai: 965k (5.3%)

Primetime Shares
    ITV1 - 23.4%
    BBC One - 21.2%
    Channel 4 - 6.1%
    BBC Two - 6.0%
    Channel 5 - 4.2%

Source: DS. Ratings include HD and are tape-checked.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I forgot Heartbeat was based on the memoirs of an old copper. Oh wait they're not! :p
  • Options
    Hollywood1989Hollywood1989 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Friday 10th February 2012
    BBC One
    20:30 - Room 101: 3.26m (13.2%)
    21:00 - Hustle: 4.64m (19.4%)
    22:35 - The Graham Norton Show: 4.10m (26.9%)

BBC Two
    20:00 - Mastermind: 2.00m (8.3%)
    20:30 - Mastermind: 1.70m (6.9%)
    21:00 - Wild About Pandas: 1.52m (6.3%)

ITV1
    20:00 - Safari Vet School: 2.72m (11.3%)
    21:00 - Law and Order: UK: 4.80m (20.1%)
    * +1: 294k (1.6%)

Channel 4
    20:30 - New Girl: 810k (3.3%)
    * +1: 187k (0.8%)
    21:00 - The Million Pound Drop Live: 2.16m (9.5%)
    * +1: 295k (1.8%)

Channel 5
    20:00 - World's Toughest Trucker: 1.08m (4.4%)
    21:00 - FILM: The Last Samurai: 965k (5.3%)

Primetime Shares
    ITV1 - 23.4%
    BBC One - 21.2%
    Channel 4 - 6.1%
    BBC Two - 6.0%
    Channel 5 - 4.2%

Source: DS. Ratings include HD and are tape-checked.

Good rating and share for Graham Norton Show ok.

Do you what EastEnders and Coronation St. got?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did manage to catch 2 minutes of that. Midwives on bikes to the tune of Perry Como's Magic Moments. Immediately though this was the BBC's Heartbeat revival.
    Did Heartbeat show how to put on condoms? CTM is doing that tomorrow. I kid you not.
    Imitiation is indeed the sincerest form of flattery. Indeed BBC1's Heartbeat is being used to launch BBC1's Downton tomorrow night.
    BAFTAs tomorrow night. UpDown next week. Special trailer coming soon with both shows so no excuse to miss it.
    btw, I'm beinging to think that Hodges & Skyes might have a Clarke Kent thing going on, the way they swap ratings & rant about +1's. ;)

We never see them in the same place at the same time. You never know! :D
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,290
    Forum Member
    Emine.C wrote: »
    I see what people mean about EE being in crisis and Emmerdale gaining ground on it. :cool:
    Wait untill Emmerdale beats it on Thursday with it's big stunt/Exit episode. Of course it will be a differant story when EastEnders clashes with it with their big episode/Murder plot at the end of March
  • Options
    Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,769
    Forum Member
    SamuelW wrote: »
    How is Call Teh Midwife a copy of Heartbeat? One's about midwives, the others about policemen, You could say it's more similar to The Royal though.
    GeorgeS cant fault the ratings so he has to try and devalue the show by saying its a copy of something ITV have done. Therefore, its an obvious copy of Heartbeat purely because its set in roughly the same period. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    It was so obvious. I expect the BBC will run trailers 'EastEnders Now ON BBC2 ....4 night's a week for however long'

It seems to be the return of Sharon Watts will be the storyline to Hook everyone back fro the Olympics/Euro/Summer
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Wait untill Emmerdale beats it on Thursday with it's big stunt/Exit episode. Of course it will be a differant story when EastEnders clashes with it with their big episode/Murder plot at the end of March

Let EE die, I really rejoice in its fall from grace, it is like Coronation St dreamt up by a left wing sociology lecturer and was a rehabilitation course for a murderer. The BBC always managed without home grown soaps until Deadenders came.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Let EE die, I really rejoice in its fall from grace, it is like Coronation St dreamt up by a left wing sociology lecturer and was a rehabilitation course for a murderer. The BBC always managed without home grown soaps until Deadenders came.
    :rolleyes: Yeah of course. Forget about the 9 million people that actually enjoy watching the show. F*ck them
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes: Yeah of course. Forget about the 9 million people that actually enjoy watching the show. F*ck them

It's down to 8 million and I reckon Emmerdale will overtake it before long. Bring it on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's down to 8 million and I reckon Emmerdale will overtake it before long. Bring it on.
    9.1m and 39% share on Thursday:)

Rubbish. People said that back in 2004/2005 and it simply didn't happen
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When it comes to soaps there is EastEnders and Corrie and then everything else. Emmerdale is the whiny bitch soap that keeps shouting "Look at me! Look at me!"

It will NEVER overtake the top 2 no matter how hard it tries.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    When it comes to soaps there is EastEnders and Corrie and then everything else. Emmerdale is the whiny bitch soap that keeps shouting "Look at me! Look at me!"

It will NEVER overtake the top 2 no matter how hard it tries.
    It's strange how people make these silly statements because looking at the officials alot of the EastEnders eps are over 10 million
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's strange how people make these silly statements because looking at the officials alot of the EastEnders eps are over 10 million

Correct. Every soap has peaks and troughs. The year Emmerdale's arse of a producer said it would overtake EastEnders he was wrong then. EE generally rates higher and more to the point ED will rarely if ever beat CS or EE in a viewer vote for best soap.

It doesn't have a seat at the top table.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Georged123 wrote: »
    GeorgeS cant fault the ratings so he has to try and devalue the show by saying its a copy of something ITV have done. Therefore, its an obvious copy of Heartbeat purely because its set in roughly the same period. :rolleyes:

ITV are bricking it privately over Call The Midwife. That's all you need to know.
This discussion has been closed.