Options

Whitney Houston dead

Comments

• Options
    Lain AndrewsLain Andrews Posts: 1,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    If you're going to get all your jokes from 10 hours ago on Twitter, do let us know.

sorry i'm kinda slow :o
  • Options
    VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just can't belive it.
    I realy liked Whitney, amazing voice, she was beautifull, eyes to die for,

She was fit for a Queen.
    Her copy cover of "i'm Everywomen was on point. like it better than Chaka Khan's version.

RIP Beauty Queen

Saw her live in the late 80s, she was incredible in person. Amazing voice and a stunningly beautiful woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry i'm kinda slow :o

Admittedly the two can play that game is a good one for folk of a certain age.

Haven't seen a good My Prerogative one yet, there's your chance. :D
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    watch the charts next week..all Whitneys stuff in it..i loved her stuff too :)

Her Ultimate Collection and Greatest Hits albums are already No 2 and No 3 on the iTunes charts here in Ireland.
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw 'The Bodyguard' for the first time a few weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. I remember thinking how incredibly beautiful Whitney was, and that it is sad how things have gone downhill in the past few years or so. You always hear about her problems in the media, but you always think that somebody like Whitney will get it sorted and will eventually have a "come-back" (I did anyway :o), so this shocked me to the core when I heard last night.

She's so young, too... not even 50. What a waste of a life!
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was so shocked when I heard last night. Seriously, I did not expect this yet.

RIP Whitney. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At 48, the cause of death is necessary to know.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    If you're going to get all your jokes from 10 hours ago on Twitter, do let us know.

We don't all have Twitter accounts, so there's no harm in them being relayed here.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the kids who are currently trying to outdo each other with increasingly desperate attempts at "humour" should start their own thread?

Maybe their respective quests for attention and validation would be better served amongst like minded people?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe the kids who are currently trying to outdo each other with increasingly desperate attempts at "humour" should start their own thread?

Maybe their respective quests for attention and validation would be better served amongst like minded people?

People bring humour into many threads. It's not a bad thing.
  • Options
    Jeanie GoldJeanie Gold Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4Music are practically spending the whole day playing Whitney. I've been watching for about half an hour and am tearing up. :(
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omg you just don't know what we will wake up to anymore the world is just horrible so shocked.
  • Options
    NathalieRNathalieR Posts: 16,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so sad about this, was one of my favourite artists ever. Not altogether a shock but still so tragic. Listening to her songs on the radio, he had so many classics and IMO the best voice of all time. I hope she finds peace now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    We don't all have Twitter accounts, so there's no harm in them being relayed here.

No Twitter? :eek:

Good point though.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    People bring humour into many threads. It's not a bad thing.

People try to bring humour to many threads ..
  • Options
    Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Todays plans involve buying Whitney's album and watching the Bodyguard :cry:

Which one? She had a few.:p
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her Ultimate Collection and Greatest Hits albums are already No 2 and No 3 on the iTunes charts here in Ireland.

It may just be me but I find it morbid when this happens. How does someone's music change and suddenly become more appealing to you than it was before because they're dead :confused:
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Wonder if Richard Branson will be repeating his "Decriminalise Drugs" speech at the Grammys?

Drugs are illegal - and Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse and millions of others still manage to find, buy and use them. However with it being illegal it means the risks of people buying something really dangerous are increased. Thus meaning more people are likely to die/get really ill from taking them as its not managed and controlled.

Not saying whether I approve or not - but I don't think your argument is proved by your post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    People try to bring humour to many threads ..

OK, good point! :D
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    It may just be me but I find it morbid when this happens. How does someone's music change and suddenly become more appealing to you than it was before because they're dead :confused:

I often wonder about that. When Amy Winehouse died her music was in the charts again and when Michael Jackson died the charts were full of his songs for ages and the music channels were playing a lot of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Drugs are illegal - and Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse and millions of others still manage to find, buy and use them. However with it being illegal it means the risks of people buying something really dangerous are increased. Thus meaning more people are likely to die/get really ill from taking them as its not managed and controlled.

Not saying whether I approve or not - but I don't think your argument is proved by your post.

There's not even a suggestion that illegal drugs played any part in Houston's death anyway.
    For all we know, she may have just slipped getting into the bath and knocked herself out.
  • Options
    Steve™Steve™ Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    Its a terrible sad tragedy, but I wish people would keep it real and stop saying silly stuff like she might have slipped in the bath.

I think, and this is just my personal opinion, that she was a good person and lived an amazing life in the 48 years she was alive, but she was also an addict with an ego and its very likely thats how she passed...getting high one more time
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoops, weird wrong thread incident.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I was so shocked when I heard last night. Seriously, I did not expect this yet.

RIP Whitney. :(

what time did it happen ? i was on here late ish then went to bed, so it wouldve been just after that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve™ wrote: »
    Its a terrible sad tragedy, but I wish people would keep it real and stop saying silly stuff like she might have slipped in the bath.

I think, and this is just my personal opinion, that she was a good person and lived an amazing life in the 48 years she was alive, but she was also an addict with an ego and its very likely thats how she passed...getting high one more time

Any speculation could be argued to be silly until confirmed, surely?