Options

Confused????

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,021
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If only 50 people get through to each boot camp, why do they let so many muppets through at the auditions? Or is there another round before Boot Camp? I'm a bit confused.

If that was the case, that the yesses all went to Boot Camp, it would mean people like Justin(e) and Dorothy got a place ahead of genuine talent that hadnt been seen at other auditions.

Does each judge have 50 acts as boot camp?

Can anyone help me here???

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cel_001 wrote:
    If only 50 people get through to each boot camp, why do they let so many muppets through at the auditions? Or is there another round before Boot Camp? I'm a bit confused.

If that was the case, that the yesses all went to Boot Camp, it would mean people like Justin(e) and Dorothy got a place ahead of genuine talent that hadnt been seen at other auditions.

Does each judge have 50 acts as boot camp?

Can anyone help me here???

I think each Judge has 50 contestants'. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    media wrote:
    I think each Judge has 50 contestants'. :rolleyes:

No need to be sarcastic, I was looking for serious replies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cel_001 wrote:

I wasn't being Sarcastic. :confused:

I'm not sure if it's 50 contestants go through to bootcamp, or each Judge has 50 contestants. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cel_001 wrote:

Why did you think Media was being sarcastic :confused: I see nothing to take offence at.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sarcastic smiley at the end of the statement?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they took a load with them and whittled it down to 50 while at Boot Camp? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Actually I think you have raised an interesting point. Well worth discussing IMHO.

Scenario:
    Just imagine 25 absolutely brilliantly talented wannabees in the under 25 age group turn up for the, say, London audition. Following on from that, let's presume that they get through round 1 and round 2 , then these 25 solo acts finally go into the Colosseum pit performing in front of our 3 supreme judges. Let us then presume that ALL 25 get given the thumbs up! That only leaves 25 places to share around Edinburgh, Cardiff, Manchester etc, etc. Not only does that mean it is vital to turn up for the early audition/auditions but it is rather unfair on other wannabees when 25 places have already been taken. PLUS we must not forget the plants who already have their places secured !

I would say that it is highly unlikely to presume that just 50 acts would turn-up for each of the 3 separate Boot Camps. I reckon it is more like 80 mimimum. After all some people will drop out before the start of Boot Camp for various reasons. It makes no sense to only put 50 acts per group through.

Syren (Meg) of course and indeed Justin[e] would know if there were only 48 other acts in their group, but naturally they are not at liberty to spill any beans.

I reckon there is a preliminary round at the start of Boot Camp which we do not see, :cry: which whittles numbers down to 50 ish. Clever eh?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Songbird wrote:
    Actually I think you have raised an interesting point. Well worth discussing IMHO.

Scenario:
    Just imagine 25 absolutely brilliantly talented wannabees in the under 25 age group turn up for the, say, London audition. Following on from that, let's presume that they get through round 1 and round 2 , then these 25 solo acts finally go into the Colosseum pit performing in front of our 3 supreme judges. Let us then presume that ALL 25 get given the thumbs up! That only leaves 25 places to share around Edinburgh, Cardiff, Manchester etc, etc. Not only does that mean it is vital to turn up for the early audition/auditions but it is rather unfair on other wannabees when 25 places have already been taken. PLUS we must not forget the plants who already have their places secured !

I would say that it is highly unlikely to presume that just 50 acts would turn-up for each of the 3 separate Boot Camps. I reckon it is more like 80 mimimum. After all some people will drop out before the start of Boot Camp for various reasons. It makes no sense to only put 50 acts per group through.

Syren (Meg) of course and indeed Justin[e] would know if there were only 48 other acts in their group, but naturally they are not at liberty to spill any beans.

I reckon there is a preliminary round at the start of Boot Camp which we do not see, :cry: which whittles numbers down to 50 ish. Clever eh?
    We are not allowed to discuss bootcamp .
    BUT I can say that they said 50 last year when there were 50,000 auditioning
    It would make LOTS of sense to assume that because there were/are more people this year that there would be room for more at Bootcamp than last year. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Thanks Syren (Meg ) :) I'd be absolutely useless as a Boot Camp contestant having signed a 'keep hush-hush' contact because I would not be able to keep my mouth shut.

Very hard. The urge to tell all must be very strong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Songbird wrote:
    Thanks Syren (Meg ) :) I'd be absolutely useless as a Boot Camp contestant having signed a 'keep hush-hush' contact because I would not be able to keep my mouth shut.

Very hard. The urge to tell all must be very strong.
    Very much so..
    I know that many people DONT keep shtum and talk about it quite a bit.
    I am in NO hurry to stress out the x factor producers..
    Its quite mercenary to be honest about it.
    If I blab and they KNOW its me..why would they let me have ANY more exposure.
    So its totally selfish truth be told :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Syren wrote:
    Very much so..
    I know that many people DONT keep shtum and talk about it quite a bit.
    I am in NO hurry to stress out the x factor producers..
    Its quite mercenary to be honest about it.
    If I blab and they KNOW its me..why would they let me have ANY more exposure.
    So its totally selfish truth be told :D

Quite right - you look out for yourself, it would be horrible for you to lose out because of a clause they might have written in your contract...