Options

Is Coach Trip back around February 2012 I assume

Comments

• Options
    flyonthewallflyonthewall Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hav to say I'm enjoying this series far more than the last regular two (not counting Christmas or Celebrity editions)

This is an improvement on the last 2 yeah. I stopped watching the Celeb ones though, as they just annoy me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    belomb wrote: »
    Those two new ones are hilarious. They look identical but there are 15 years between them. Posh boys hate them. Haaaa

They look the same age lol. I actually thought they were sisters to being with.
  • Options
    tushinghamtushingham Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    belomb wrote: »
    Harry Hill's going to have a field day with the hand movement Sarah just did! "I can't move my hand like this..."

Hmmmm!!!

Talking about hands, Nigel's was uncomfortably near Sarah's right boob during the voting :eek:

I like them but their closeness is weird.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tushingham wrote: »
    Oh God that was unforgiveable what Jolyon and Ed said at the end! I had thought that they would at least pretend to get along with the newbies, but there's no chance of that happening now.
    Remember Tom and Matt from series 3? They called Anne and Grace "vile creatures" when they first met them but managed to rub along nicely with them after that. Jolyon and Ed, though, are a different kettle of fish and I can't see them budging from their horrible viewpoint.

TOTP

Something about maintaining a 'dividing line' or something like that. They just seemed to be more keen on standing out on deck, completely detaching themselves.

I don't think they've got much firepower left, but they kind of shot themselves in the foot.
  • Options
    gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    tushingham wrote: »
    Talking about hands, Nigel's was uncomfortably near Sarah's right boob during the voting :eek:

I like them but their closeness is weird.

Them two make David Walliam's character in Little Britain, where he fancies his friend's grandma and touches her up, look in good taste!
  • Options
    royal99royal99 Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed today's episode, something a bit different. Coach trip anoraks is the first ever coach trip episode not to feature the coach?

Agreed with others this series has been a vast improvement think mainly it's due having people with distinctive characters!

Not sure j & e are putting it on or really believe what they say , but think if they do depart tommorow it's a real shame as think it would make great tv for a bit longer. Remember past series always wanting the ones we don't like off then when they do it all goes a bit flat!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    royal99 wrote: »
    Enjoyed today's episode, something a bit different. Coach trip anoraks is the first ever coach trip episode not to feature the coach?

Agreed with others this series has been a vast improvement think mainly it's due having people with distinctive characters!

Not sure j & e are putting it on or really believe what they say , but think if they do depart tommorow it's a real shame as think it would make great tv for a bit longer. Remember past series always wanting the ones we don't like off then when they do it all goes a bit flat!

Yeah, I felt the same when Jayson and Tam left in S4 and more so when Matt and Paul were red carded. The show changed completely after that, but it's not always a bad thing. I like variety, even if it does mean we lose the lads tomorrow.

I'm enjoying this show more than the previous two, because we've had no clear alliance, despite 3 of the originals still on the coach.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,520
    Forum Member
    I have a theory about Series 4 that it would have remained a great series right to the end had Matt & Paul not fell out with Carla & Angie.

They wouldn't have been targeted, the vile new alliance that then saw off Vin & Lin, Carla & Angie and essentially Russ & Caroline would never have been allowed to become dominant, and we'd have spared the least deserving winners in the history of the show!
  • Options
    chocolatebuttonchocolatebutton Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I'm still not sure about Leah. Sometimes she's ok, but then she annoys me a little.

I think Ladi and Tori would possibly be the only originals who make it to the end.

I see Lou and Chez making it to the finish.

As for the two new couples, it's early days yet. But I think E and J have dug themselves a deep hole into Red Card territory, for not making an effort with them.

They just took one look at them and thought 'scum of the earth' it's just so ignorant and nasty.

I agree, judging someone before you've even talked to them is pathetic. They think they're above everyone else and they may have had a private school education and daddy's money to pay for everything, but in reality it's them who end up rude and lacking social skills.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty certain the two hairdressers were in a reality programme last year where the prize was a cottage in Grassington.
  • Options
    chocolatebuttonchocolatebutton Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I have a theory about Series 4 that it would have remained a great series right to the end had Matt & Paul not fell out with Carla & Angie.

They wouldn't have been targeted, the vile new alliance that then saw off Vin & Lin, Carla & Angie and essentially Russ & Caroline would never have been allowed to become dominant, and we'd have spared the least deserving winners in the history of the show!

Who was the alliance between? and who won again? Sorry was a long time ago I watched it :( Caroline and Russ annoyed me, thinking they were some special celebrities when all they did was a cringey and terrible song in eurovision.
  • Options
    KIZZY007KIZZY007 Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    I must say I think that Edward and Jolyon have made this series so far! IMO they have been told to play up to the posh, superior image and they're playing it brilliantly. I think though they've had enough now and, having had the experience will be glad to go (I'll miss them):(
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KIZZY007 wrote: »
    I must say I think that Edward and Jolyon have made this series so far! IMO they have been told to play up to the posh, superior image and they're playing it brilliantly. I think though they've had enough now and, having had the experience will be glad to go (I'll miss them):(

Anyone who gets told to "play up" is fake in my mind.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well.... that was a strange episode.
    E&J were cracking me up :D they were bang out of order but they made me laugh.
    On the one hand I sort of agree with them, if you don't like someone then you don't like them *shrug*but there's no need to be like that about it. That said you do get the impression that they were going out of their way... they do seem genuinely surprised that no one had really voted before now. I think it'll be a shame to see them go tomorrow Yes I know I'm on my own :D
    I don't really like the look of either of the new couples, neither would be on my list to spend time with... Ollie and Leah have grown on me, I can't make my mind up about Dad & Daughter something a bit freaky going on there, I like the shorter one of Ladi and Tori (?) , don't like Lou / chez
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is what may happen with the current run. If Ladi and Tori depart along with E and J, the new bunch could easily take over and another few newbie couples could easily take over.

But, back to S4. I was kind glad that Matt and Paul went(even though I liked them).

As for Carla and Ange, Vin/Lin and Russ and Caroline alliance. It was really Russ's decision which enabled Jake/Romain etc to grab control of the power seat.

I got tired of Carla though, thinking she was something special and I was glad to see her leave.

The final alliance did annoy me at times, but isn't that what makes the show interesting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's exactly the impression I have, I'm with you
  • Options
    royal99royal99 Posts: 262
    Forum Member

Have to agree, I would never have them as friends, but looking at it as viewer think yes they have made it so far. Remember anyone from Christmas series, instantly forgettable, no characters
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who was the alliance between? and who won again? Sorry was a long time ago I watched it :( Caroline and Russ annoyed me, thinking they were some special celebrities when all they did was a cringey and terrible song in eurovision.

S4 breakdown of alliances as follows:

Alliance 1 : Jodie and Jenna, Jayson and Tam, Paul and Matt

Alliance 2: Paul and Matt(ditching jay and tam on Day 20) Russ and Caroline, Carla and Ange. Vin and Lin were on the fringes.

Alliance 3(or vile alliance as someone mentioned lol)

Jake/Eileen, Nathan and Romain and Graham and Anne.

Russ and Caroline did come across a little above it, but Carla just seemed a little spoilt to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one flaw I find with CT is that the long standing coachees get comfortable and "assume" that they have the right to stay on the coach.

The voting also has flaws .... the "I cant vote for my friends because I've known them longer" shouldnt be a reason.

They should tighten up on the voting. You should have to give a valid reason for voting someone. Saying "you voted for me last night so I'm giving you a vote back" shouldnt be allowed. Its a weak reason. I think if people were just honest, it would totally change the voting system.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,520
    Forum Member
    S4 breakdown of alliances as follows:

Alliance 1 : Jodie and Jenna, Jayson and Tam, Paul and Matt

Alliance 2: Paul and Matt(ditching jay and tam on Day 20) Russ and Caroline, Carla and Ange. Vin and Lin were on the fringes.

Alliance 3(or vile alliance as someone mentioned lol)

Jake/Eileen, Nathan and Romain and Graham and Anne.

Don't forget those hideous faux-punks who couldn't take it when they got a yellow card and left that night because of the dreaded "phonecall from home"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't forget those hideous faux-punks who couldn't take it when they got a yellow card and left that night because of the dreaded "phonecall from home"

A bit like Taryn and Holly from Series 3....."we were called back to work" :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, judging someone before you've even talked to them is pathetic. They think they're above everyone else and they may have had a private school education and daddy's money to pay for everything, but in reality it's them who end up rude and lacking social skills.

You can get people lacking in social skills from various backgrounds and education.

Yes, it does appear E and J will only entertain certain types of people and won't mix with 'commoners' or anyone they deem to be rather low class and trashy.

It's pretty sad really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the punks had a feeling they were getting the boot. I didn't mind those two.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    well.... that was a strange episode.
    E&J were cracking me up :D they were bang out of order but they made me laugh.
    On the one hand I sort of agree with them, if you don't like someone then you don't like them *shrug*but there's no need to be like that about it. That said you do get the impression that they were going out of their way... they do seem genuinely surprised that no one had really voted before now. I think it'll be a shame to see them go tomorrow Yes I know I'm on my own :D
    I don't really like the look of either of the new couples, neither would be on my list to spend time with... Ollie and Leah have grown on me, I can't make my mind up about Dad & Daughter something a bit freaky going on there, I like the shorter one of Ladi and Tori (?) , don't like Lou / chez

I still don't know about Leah. I get the impression she just wants to be in the spotlight all the Goddamn time and if I were travelling on the coach, I'd be voting for her all the time.

Lou is fishy and Chez, I dunno. I like her but both of them are definitely up to something.

Ed and Joly, well I just seem to go back and forth with these two. For the most part though, I've not really liked them and find them rather arrogant and cruel at times.

Especially after voting Rosie and Rachel off, they were laughing afterwards. It was just a little out of order.

As for the new people, it's too early. I think Stuart could be a little bitchy at vote time, if clips are anything to go by and the new girls seem like trouble.

Despite the fact, they might not be my cup of tea, I wouldn't shun them like E and J did, because that's just rude. Have they ever heard of giving yourself the 'benefit of the doubt'?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one flaw I find with CT is that the long standing coachees get comfortable and "assume" that they have the right to stay on the coach.

The voting also has flaws .... the "I cant vote for my friends because I've known them longer" shouldnt be a reason.

They should tighten up on the voting. You should have to give a valid reason for voting someone. Saying "you voted for me last night so I'm giving you a vote back" shouldnt be allowed. Its a weak reason. I think if people were just honest, it would totally change the voting system.

That's why I was kind of glad to see the second alliance in S4 with Russ/Caroline etc dissolve. It would've been boring had those lot remained until Day 50.
This discussion has been closed.