Options

Next weeks inside soap possible spoilers

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    It has to be Jack for Sharon...bring back Suzy for Phil, that would really wind Derek up!

Carol is single. She'd be perfect for Philth.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eastenders - Main picture is Phil and Sharon with the caption "Together again! But will a new love steel Sharon's heart?"

Is this really on next weeks spoilers, maybe for the months ahead? wow i can't wait for Phil and Sharon scenes omg :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder what the shock Roxy/Max twist is? She doesn't get pregnant after a one night stand?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danisfunny wrote: »
    Wonder what the shock Roxy/Max twist is? She doesn't get pregnant after a one night stand?

She does get pregnant. The shock is Jack won't be the father :eek: :eek:

Monalisa, let us know you're alright.
    CherryRose I think you could've been a bit sensitive about posting spoilers which might be distressing to some FM
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

CherryRose I think you could've been a bit sensitive about posting spoilers which might be distressing to some
    FM

:D:D:D We could create an alternate thread with fake spoilers to keep her happy...

Or Roxy reveals she is a transgender...
  • Options
    Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,489
    Forum Member
    Eastenders - Main picture is Phil and Sharon with the caption "Together again! But will a new love steel Sharon's heart?"

Is this really on next weeks spoilers, maybe for the months ahead? wow i can't wait for Phil and Sharon scenes omg :D

I think it's hilarious that Sharon is the main cover photo again for the 2nd time in the 3 weeks since her return was announced!! Lol. They are just so gonna wring every cover opportunity they can out of her......even BEFORE she's back!!!

I'm sure she won't get back with Phil though. By back together, I think they just mean together on the same Square!! The headline could be misleading, which of course is very unusual for a soap mag:eek:!!!!!!! Lol
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon needs a big EE promo...
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,976
    Forum Member
    phil does not deserve sharon ffs:(
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He doesn't deserve a dog!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    I think it's hilarious that Sharon is the main cover photo again for the 2nd time in the 3 weeks since her return was announced!! Lol. They are just so gonna wring every cover opportunity they can out of her......even BEFORE she's back!!!

I'm sure she won't get back with Phil though. By back together, I think they just mean together on the same Square!! The headline could be misleading, which of course is very unusual for a soap mag:eek:!!!!!!! Lol

Meh... Sharon Watts is one of British soaps most iconic characters, she has a public profile that no one in the current EE cast has - she would therefore move mags.

I agree that the headline may be misleading.

HOWEVER.... there is some misconception being bandied about regarding their relationship....

It was SHARON who ended the relationship with Phil, when she revealed to him that she believed that she could not have children and that Phil would want them. She left; when she returned, Phil tried to rekindle their relationship, but SHARON refused, and instead got with Tom Banks.

They then had their two-hander, by which time Sharon was in a relationship with Tom. There was never really any "i've moved on from you" moment from Phil.

In fact, when Phil and Grant came back in 05, there was a lot of time spent on the fact that they both still had feelings for Sharon but would agree to put them aside to move forward.

So, there is definately room for the writers to rekindle a relationship between the two - which I don't mind and believe is realistic. SO LONG AS, once Sharon finds out about Phil's involvement with Dennis death, they don't do a personality transplant and have her forgive him 4 months later. THAT I won't buy.

But an immediate rekindle is definately contextual. Once Sharon returns, I'd fully expect Phil to kick Shirley to the curb.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

CherryRose I think you could've been a bit sensitive about posting spoilers which might be distressing to some FM

There was no easy way to break the news, I just couldn't keep it to myself.
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Monalisa's going to go spare.

Nah she wont she will say just like Glenda this is another complex way of Phil showing his love for Shirley.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »
    He doesn't deserve a dog!

its not fair on shirley after all shes done for him

how do inside soap know this as the scripts havrnt even been written and phil has a huge storyline with shirley in april
  • Options
    Forum Member

how do inside soap know this as the scripts havrnt even been written and phil has a huge storyline with shirley in april

To be fair Inside Soap tend to be fairly reliable. When both they and Soaplife (not so reliable) said Sharon was coming back. And I said it before either came out you said you were sure in fact you had contacts which said otherwise. I personally would trust Inside Soap.

The scripts a few weeks ago were being finalised, when the official press release came out. However when LD signed she would have been aware of a rough idea of what they had planned. She would not have signed, being told nothing of what was planned. That is not how they signed her in 2001 and its not how they did it now. When big returnees come back they are told what is roughly planned ahead. SR knew about the babyswap before he rejoined for example.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Agree with that entirely. But if the writers are clever (a big IF) they'd unite Sharon and Phil through Sharon's desire for her son to have some sort of father figure, rather than through her suddenly feeling she loves him.

But, from a dramatic POV, I really can't see the writers mising the opportunity of building tension by reuniting Phil and Sharon, with Phil's secret lurking in the background. It is a temptation they won't be able to resist as it makes for pretty easy writing - which seems to be the byword at EE these last 5 years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Filiman wrote: »
    Meh... Sharon Watts is one of British soaps most iconic characters, she has a public profile that no one in the current EE cast has - she would therefore move mags.

HOWEVER.... there is some misconception being bandied about regarding their relationship....

It was SHARON who ended the relationship with Phil, when she revealed to him that she believed that she could not have children and that Phil would want them. She left; when she returned, Phil tried to rekindle their relationship, but SHARON refused, and instead got with Tom Banks.

They then had their two-hander, by which time Sharon was in a relationship with Tom. There was never really any "i've moved on from you" moment from Phil.

In fact, when Phil and Grant came back in 05, there was a lot of time spent on the fact that they both still had feelings for Sharon but would agree to put them aside to move forward.

So, there is definately room for the writers to rekindle a relationship between the two - which I don't mind and believe is realistic. SO LONG AS, once Sharon finds out about Phil's involvement with Dennis death, they don't do a personality transplant and have her forgive him 4 months later. THAT I won't buy.

But an immediate rekindle is definately contextual. Once Sharon returns, I'd fully expect Phil to kick Shirley to the curb.
    phil fell in love with kate and he was happy with her

we dont know whats going to happen between now and the time she come back
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Agree with that entirely. But if the writers are clever (a big IF) they'd unite Sharon and Phil through Sharon's desire for her son to have some sort of father figure, rather than through her suddenly feeling she loves him.

But, from a dramatic POV, I really can't see the writers mising the opportunity of building tension by reuniting Phil and Sharon, with Phil's secret lurking in the background. It is a temptation they won't be able to resist as it makes for pretty easy writing - which seems to be the byword at EE these last 5 years.
    they will be blown apart when she find sout. what is the point of ruining the potential that phil has with shirley (yes we havent seen their full potential yet) just to get sharon and phil to split them up again? What a complete waste

they could do it without getting them back together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tom Banks......gawd a character I nearly forgot, how could I he was rather hot! I was rather gutted when he left, he could have been Sharons one true love.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Sharon is the love of Phil and Grants life. However Phil is not the love of Sharon's. She does care for him and on some level she will always love him. But I agree they will get them back together only to have it blown up. I actually want to see Shirley grow a backbone and be the one to do the telling about what really happened.

I dont think they will get back together straight away. He will stick with Shirley until Shirley learns about Dennis from Phil. Sharon coming back will bring back guilty feelings and he will confide in her. Fastforward a few months and he will ditch her for Sharon. Shirley will tell Sharon in a jealous rage and they will be over. But Sharon is far too good for Phil.

And Sharon and Phil for 5 minutes then the borefest which is Phil and Shirley. They need shaking up and this will do it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe it's Shirley who leaves Phil? I can actually see this happening if what we have heard regarding Phil covering for Ben over Heathers murder. Shirley would never forgive Phil and Ben for Heathers death.
  • Options
    Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,489
    Forum Member
    Filiman, of course I know Sharon sells mags tenfold when she's on the cover! What I mean is it's a bit cheeky and opportunistic for them to use her already!! Lol

I bet What's On TV mag are already planning to have her on every other cover from the week she returns up till Xmas!! Lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    they will be blown apart when she find sout. what is the point of ruining the potential that phil has with shirley (yes we havent seen their full potential yet) just to get sharon and phil to split them up again? What a complete waste

they could do it without getting them back together.

Because that is NOT how drama works... you've got to look at this from the writers POV Mona... this is where you are a bit weak. You look at Phil, or Shirley, or Sharon as though they would act like real people. They won't; they are dramatic constructs, and the writers are NEVER going to pass up the opportunity of the dramatic tension that a buring secret between a couple has - ESPECIALLY a secret that has been sometime building, and has not been contrived in the last 5 minutes. They just won't do it. They aren't looking at what is best for "Phil and Shirley" but was is best for drama.

That's how things are written now. If you want to watch EE when it was written with the characters in mind, you'll need to go back at least 15 odd years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Filiman, of course I know Sharon sells mags tenfold when she's on the cover! What I mean is it's a bit cheeky and opportunistic for them to use her already!! Lol

I bet What's On TV mag are already planning to have her on every other cover from the week she returns up till Xmas!! Lol

I agree... they are definately milking it for all its worth.

But suppose you can't blame them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danisfunny wrote: »
    :D:D:D We could create an alternate thread with fake spoilers to keep her happy...

Or Roxy reveals she is a transgender...
    Don't worry Mona, dani means real spoilers not fake.

Roxy trangender? I can see Jack & Phil next
    CherryRose wrote: »
    There was no easy way to break the news, I just couldn't keep it to myself.
    You could've told her in private and not done so publicly :o
    Nah she wont she will say just like Glenda this is another complex way of Phil showing his love for Shirley.
    Joka :D I should've known Phil was only trying to express his love for Shirley. Such complex character.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who says 'Philth'? it is Sharon or Shirley?