Options

Is Coach Trip back around February 2012 I assume

Comments

• Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, well, well.....

Think Donna and Claire held their own quite well there. Didnt resort to name calling.

Glad J&E are gone tbh.
  • Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Well, they might have pushed it because they really wanted to go home, but completely agreed with everything Jolyon and Edward said tonight. They may come across as snobs or bitchy posh types, but I've loved them being along as it was such a breath of fresh air from all the usual Donna and Claire types. A travesty that they've now gone and those awful women are still onboard.
  • Options
    TennisFreak08TennisFreak08 Posts: 9,451
    Forum Member
    viewer123 wrote: »
    Spot on J & E, well said.

They certainly let rip! I don't watch Coach Trip every day but from what I've seen, I quite like them.
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well said Jolyon. :D Should have mentioned their chavvy tattoos as well. Ive seen so many of those sort of women when I've been to Majorca.

And as for that bloke with the stupid stars all over him. Whats that all about?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Claire the one with the tattoos? She reminds me of someone I know in real life, who actually acts like that - and she used to have a friend called Donna at one point as well.

Clair is the one with the tattoos. Donna doesn't appear to have any.

Think it is just as well Jolyon has gone, his face was getting redder and redder, thought he might explode! OTT!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't think JolyEd did themselves any favours there, in fact they looked a bit ridiculous. Donna and Clair aren't the most attractive specimens of British tourists but there are certainly a lot worse out there, and I wouldn't put JolyEd up as the kind of tourists we should aspire to emulate.

Ladi looked a bit bonkers too. Someone commented earlier on his weird body shape - thought he looked quite unwholesome in those low cut trunks last week.

Think my favs are Leah and Ollie - this in spite of the fact that my natural prejudice is agains drawling American gals. Hats off to Ollie for dressing up for that cabaret last week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't think JolyEd did themselves any favours there, in fact they looked a bit ridiculous.

As much as I wasnt keen on J&E, I have to admit to rather quite enjoying their little meltdown today :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Don't think JolyEd did themselves any favours there, in fact they looked a bit ridiculous. Donna and Clair aren't the most attractive specimens of British tourists but there are certainly a lot worse out there, and I wouldn't put JolyEd up as the kind of tourists we should aspire to emulate.

I can't agree here.

Last time I was on holiday, it was ruined by people exactly like Donna and co. The loud, brash type of people that go 'I'm enjoying myself, it doesn't matter if we're p@@ing people off, we're having fun.' If fun is laughing at what looks like nothing, being extremely loud in situations that don't call for it and being so disrespectful that you are unwilling to try any of the local delicacies whilst going 'I DON'T LIKE IT' at everything, then why would anyone be interested in even being around you?

I do not like Joli and Ed, but, even though they may not have been the nicest to fellow coach members, from what I saw, they were very respectable tourists.
  • Options
    chocolatebuttonchocolatebutton Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Finally they've gone, some of the things they said were very rude and disrespectful, and like D+C said, the boys haven't bothered to speak to them so how would they know anything about their lives.

Ok so I do agree that they should have tried the foods, but at least D+C dont have a face like a smacked a**e all the time.

Well done to Donna and Claire for not going to the same levels of rudeness. Like they said, it shows private school education certainly doesn't always guarantee manners.

Ladi is starting to annoy me now having these strops, I don't see anything wrong with Nigel :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why are people sticking up for J+E? Some of the things they said were very rude and disrespectful, and like D+C said, the boys haven't bothered to speak to them so how would they know anything about their lives.

Ok so I do agree that they should maybe have tried the foods, but at least D+C dont have a face like a smacked a**e all the time and are actually enjoying themselves.

Well done to Donna and Claire for not going to the same levels of rudeness. Like they said, it shows private school education certainly doesn't always guarantee manners.

:

Looking miserable is something that some people do naturally, even if they are having fun. That to me is just like having a go at how someone looks. How can that be justified?

As for Donna and Claire's level of rudeness, it isn't always words that are rude, it can be actions too. Rudeness for me is not taking consideration for those around you.

During the vote, it looked quite possible that the posh young chap only began getting irate when D+C started going on about education. It did appear that logic had no friends on the D+C side, as, does it really require a good education to try a bit of fish? I really suppose it comes down to personal preferences, but I saw it that the girls were actually quite offensive at this vote time. Why did they even need to bring up the fact that J+E had a good education? What relevence did that have in the scheme of things?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Jolyon and Edward could have spoken to the girls with more tact, but I didn't want them to go they were great televsion.
  • Options
    OxfordGirlOxfordGirl Posts: 3,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in the J&E camp. Donna and Claire would have done my head in - holiday nightmare.

I think J&E had a good sense of humour and played up well to the stereotype . Yes they became grumpy but I have a lot of sympathy for them
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    viewer123 wrote: »
    Spot on J & E, well said.
    yep, they were saying what a lot of people would only have been thinking and I'm equally sure that everyone would have found their braying laugh pretty annoying, not that I expect many to admit to it.
    The fact is that even with their behaviour it was still a close run thing between them and the others.. how bad can they *really* have been ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally they've gone, some of the things they said were very rude and disrespectful, and like D+C said, the boys haven't bothered to speak to them so how would they know anything about their lives.

Ok so I do agree that they should have tried the foods, but at least D+C dont have a face like a smacked a**e all the time.

Ladi is starting to annoy me now having these strops, I don't see anything wrong with Nigel :confused:

I agree with everything you said. :)
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missed it today, was there a kickoff then?

And the wiki page is behind again so I don't know what happened in the voting. :(
  • Options
    KIZZY007KIZZY007 Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    I'm with you Oxford girl, firmly in the J and E camp! if I had to choose between being on a coach with J&E or Donna and Claire -no contest. Surely rudeness is a matter of degree,the two women who had no idea of decorum, or consideration for others, were rudeness personified. I've really enjoyed CT up 'til now but have a sinking feeling it's going downhill fast from now on:(
  • Options
    gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    KIZZY007 wrote: »
    I'm with you Oxford girl, firmly in the J and E camp! if I had to choose between being on a coach with J&E or Donna and Claire -no contest. Surely rudeness is a matter of degree,the two women who had no idea of decorum, or consideration for others, were rudeness personified. I've really enjoyed CT up 'til now but have a sinking feeling it's going downhill fast from now on:(

I felt the same as the credits rolled tonight. Oh well, at least we got halfway, longer than some other series!

For the last week it's been bugging me why the tall gay man looks familiar (ignoring the fact he's been on another reality show!) and today it came to me.

Because of his (surgically enhanced?) lips, his face just reminds me of a flipping Bo Selecta mask!

Now I will be expecting him to trill "It was proper Bo I tell thee" !
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say if Jolyn had spoken to me the way he spoke to Donna and Claire...

I would have decked him.

My fist would have connected with his face. An odious pair of snotty brats who from the word go have looked down their nose at everyone else. The fact that only two people said goodbye speaks volumes.

He crossed the line with the "what passes for a brain.." comment and he dare say they dont try anything considering the number of activities they have rolled their eyes at. Well done Donna and Claire - you kept your dignity.

But then its all kicking off. One of the most dysfunctional buses ever. Its a guess who is going next...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    The fact is that even with their behaviour it was still a close run thing between them and the others.. how bad can they *really* have been ?

I hadn't thought of it like that, but you make a very good point.

I didn't/don't like J+E, but at no point have they irked me anywhere near as much as D+C have, nor as much as Lou did earlier in the show. Some of her comments, particularly towards Gary, were so arrogant, petty minded and offensive. Then there's Ladi, who today, acted like a spoilt little brat, probably stemming from his jealousy of Sarah and Nigel winning the vote the previous night.

On a trip where there are some people saying some seriously thoughtless comments, J+E are far from the most offensive trippers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well done Donna and Claire - you kept your dignity.

This, I could not disagree more with. Why did one of them need to snipe about education, before it even really started kicking off?
  • Options
    gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Having been on a 2-week coach tour, I know you get more and more tired as the early starts mount up and what might seem like a little thing can really annoy you, so that wouldn't have helped J&E
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luddym wrote: »
    This, I could not disagree more with. Why did one of them need to snipe about education, before it even really started kicking off?

How does does that compare with shouting at them "that they are an embarassment to Britain" or screaming at them "what passes for a brain?"

Some people are scrambling around trying to justify J&E actions in what was a verbal assault

The man let his prejudices get the better of him and lost control. And he is prejudiced. A nasty narrow minded man who thinks the epitome of evil is someone eating kebabs.

One day he will do it to the wrong target and end up in hospital.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How does does that compare with shouting at them "that they are an embarassment to Britain" or screaming at them "what passes for a brain?"

Some people are scrambling around trying to justify J&E actions in what was a verbal assault

Who was comparing? You said, and I quote:
    Well done Donna and Claire - you kept your dignity.

I said, and I quote:

I make absolutely no excuses for J+E, simply because I didn't like them. But, initally they were clearly just saying how they felt, and keeping it toned down too. It was when D+E started answering back with illogical, semi guarded insults (again, I ask why she felt she needed to bring up education when talking about eating a bit of fish) that things escalated. Sure, J+E may have been forward with their comments, and maybe some people don't like that, but at the end of the day, some people can't handle the truth.
    The man let his prejudices get the better of him and lost control. And he is prejudiced. A nasty narrow minded man who thinks the epitome of evil is someone eating kebabs.

One day he will do it to the wrong target and end up in hospital.

Are you serious? I can't tell if you honestly mean what you said, or said it for comic effect. I know plenty of people called Donna with the nickname 'Donna Kebab', and you trying to use that to display prejudice is clearly deluded.

What kind of people did they show prejudice against? Annoying, uncouth, rude and ignorant people? Making this a reverse class thing is ludicrous. Whether J+E are prejudice is irrelevent, D+C would have got on many peoples nerves, posh or otherwise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I make absolutely no excuses for J+E, simply because I didn't like them. But, initally they were clearly just saying how they felt, and keeping it toned down too..

How is starting an argument calling them "an embarassment to British tourists" keeping it toned down?
    It was when D+E started answering back with illogical, semi guarded insults (again, I ask why she felt she needed to bring up education when talking about eating a bit of fish) that things escalated.

It was J$E who said they couldnt stand them on the coach. And accelerated the insults. You really are determined to defend these two arent you?

Sure, J+E may have been forward with their comments, and maybe some people don't like that, but at the end of the day, some people can't handle the truth..

Why should they handle what you call "the truth"? What are E&J to step forward and enlighten them? Are they ordained by god to insult the proles so they pick up their ways..

And "some people cant handle the truth" is the last excuse of the bully blaming the victim.

What kind of people did they show prejudice against? Annoying, uncouth, rude and ignorant people?

Anyone who isnt Jolyn and Edward basically.
    Whether J+E are prejudice is irrelevent, D+C would have got on many peoples nerves, posh or otherwise.

Nope their upbringing and prejudices shape their personalities and how they deal with people on the coach. The comments at the end that they wont be invited anyone to their "events" spoke volumes. The two can cope with those they approve and not others. Unfortunately that seems like 99% of the population.
  • Options
    davestokedavestoke Posts: 3,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done J & E! Thoroughly entertaing & accurate. Donna & Clare may not be that offensive, but they typify the shallow, ignorant lives that so many people seem happy to live.

ooh first ever TOTP!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.